Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frampton has proven his capability- that’s my point.

When Kreuger proves himself in the same way then we’ll have the answer.

You are simply assuming Kreuger can do the job - I’m saying Frampton is proven in the job.
There’s a huge difference.

So who’s drawing the long bow ?
“that demonstrates his superiority over Krueger as a Ruckman.”

You literally gave what you believed what was definitive answer and now that it’s been proven that there isn’t one you’re trying to shift the goal posts. Not only that but you’re attempting to put words in to my mouth in the process.

I’m not even going to bother. If you have to attempt to manipulate the discussion in to something different than it originally was then you’ve already lost the debate.

I’m surprised by Dean coming in to the side. Are we planning on playing 4 tall backs or are we planning on playing 3 tall forwards with one of Howe or Frampton forward?

We refused to move the ball off the line. Kept kicking it from half back to the wing. Andrews, Collins, Ballard etc had a field day there for 20 mins. Eventually the dam wall broke and the Suns hit the scoreboard.

Anyway, it's old news. We bring the heat tonight (i'd be staggered if we don't) and we should be too strong for the Dons over 4 quarters.
Thanks BB. Makes sense. Strange we'd play so one dimensionally, so predictable footy? Fly must have his reasons, or it was a case of Chinese whispers getting from the coach to the players. I hope you are right. Otherwise we will embarrass ourselves on the big stage, and fumble an opportunity to reassert ourselves. Here is a 🍻 to your optimism seeing fruition around 11pm tonight 👍

Huge game tonight and the result will have big ramifications.
Looking forward to see how the boys respond after a few off weeks. Friday night footy on the couch with some nice cold beers, nothing better as I cheer on the boys to hopefully a big win

Massive game for us tonight.
I think 56 points gets us in the eight, so we need another five wins.

Would like it to be another four wins after tonight.
Fly has reached the same conclusion. He said earlier in the year that 14 wins (or the equivalent being 56 points) was the aim to qualify for the finals.

I’m surprised by Dean coming in to the side. Are we planning on playing 4 tall backs or are we planning on playing 3 tall forwards with one of Howe or Frampton forward?

Dean needs to stay in the side now

He was just finding his feet when they dropped him and it turns out we could have used him against Gold Coast.

Howe can stay forward now with Dean back there. Howe helps our structure up forward anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge game tonight and the result will have big ramifications.
Looking forward to see how the boys respond after a few off weeks. Friday night footy on the couch with some nice cold beers, nothing better as I cheer on the boys to hopefully a big win
Only thing better is being at the G. Can’t wait!

We’ve been winning and holding the fort, while effectively playing a VFL side, and now despite some stars back which improves us, we’ve got gloom and doom everywhere.

I really don’t get it.

It's more that the loss to the Suns was a bad loss, considering our draw from now to the end of the home and away season. We play 5 top 8 sides in our remaining games, so a loss tonight would really set us back. We haven’t been playing well the last two games form wise, and have gone away from what makes us a difficult side to beat. Despite beating North, they were nearly 10 goals up at one stage.
It's not looking at it as doom and gloom, it's the reality of where we are in the season. If we had beaten the Suns, we would be feeling a little more at ease at the moment....

I want to see a big 4 quarter effort tonight. So much focus has been on our lack of 4 quarter effort so expect that’ll be improved tonight.

Feel like the comebacks have become our crack and we’re addicts. Time to get clean!

Given how good we are when we actually try, I'd be happy with a two or three quarter effort

We almost won last week with a one quarter effort

“that demonstrates his superiority over Krueger as a Ruckman.”

You literally gave what you believed what was definitive answer and now that it’s been proven that there isn’t one you’re trying to shift the goal posts. Not only that but you’re attempting to put words in to my mouth in the process.

I’m not even going to bother. If you have to attempt to manipulate the discussion in to something different than it originally was then you’ve already lost the debate.
It’s a definitive answer based on the facts - until Kreuger proves otherwise.
Frampton has facts to support my view - while you have HOPE that Kreuger can meet the standard.
Frankly, I hope Kreuger meets your hopes and desires as a Ruck because it will make us an even more flexible team.

2.5 - I’m not discounting 2 points.
And won 2 of the last 3.
All irrelevant to my point that we have good players back and posters have the gloom and doom despite stars returning.

I'm assuming the doom and gloom comes from being fresh off a loss in a game where we'd normally win in that situation?

Combined with our coach possibly for the first time visibly showing frustration with the side and the way they're currently playing is understandably making people very nervous

Personally, l like the fact that we are under the pump and being written off by some.

Hopefully this steels our resolve and fires us up, so we get a repeat of our final round win against Essendon which launched us into our ultimately successful finals campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back