Game Day Round 17 vs. Essendon, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 05/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pack up shop and prepare for next year, were not doing anything this year

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
We should tank now.
Best to get an easier draw, draft picks and decide who wants to be there for the next tilt.
We need to make some hard calls now.
A few teams have now overtaken us.

Was a great ride and hope we can bounce back next year.

On SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think top 4 is gone. We could possibly make finals but who knows
Doubt we make finals if we keep on this trajectory. Even if we do can’t see us doing any damage. Happy to be wrong but just hard to see it. Take Nick out midfield is screwed, no one really steps up, no structure or connection inside forward 50 and the D50 is a mess with the high zone it’s so easy to score against us. On top of that I guess flys biggest challenge is trying to keep a team who has come off a flag motivated. There is no doubt that some are still motivated more than ever and there would be others that are also content with a flag already under their belt.

Last edited:
We should tank now.
Best to get an easier draw, draft picks and decide who wants to be there for the next tilt.

200.gif

Such arrogance that we don't put anyone on Merrett. Whilst our game is completely shut down if Naicos is tagged effectively

The theme there is we probably don't have anyone to put on Merrett, or anyone else for that matter..

Cupboard is pretty bare at the moment and there isn't really an obvious candidate with the combination of endurance, power, agility, and focus that you need to tag someone like Merrett out of the game.

We should tank now.

We dont have a 1st rounder remember.

Tanking is pointless for us.

Free agents are not coming either, with all these players re-signing like Berry, McDonald, McCluggage etc

The theme there is we probably don't have anyone to put on Merrett, or anyone else for that matter..

Cupboard is pretty bare at the moment and there isn't really an obvious candidate with the combination of endurance, power, agility, and focus that you need to tag someone like Merrett out of the game.
Crisp. Not like he did much after the 1st quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crisp. Not like he did much after the 1st quarter.

He seems to have lost the repeat efforts that we know and loved him for, can go hard in short bursts but the consistent energy level and running across the four quarters has fallen off the edge of a cliff for him this year.

Even when we were well up in the first, i am pretty sure the forward 50 entries for both sides were similar. So again i think it is our midfield that is letting us down, especially defensively. Even a guy like DeGoey we have all been waiting for him to become the player that just dominates every week and is a beast in the midfield dare i say it like Cripps for Carlton, and even now he seems to pop up for a clutch goal or great clearance but just doesn't dominate for 4qtrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back