Game Day Round 18, 2024: West Coast v Brisbane (Farewell Simmo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those types of tackles annoy me, the one from Trew (not his fault).

You catch someone cold but can't dump them properly to cause the illegal disposal, the player then handballs it out and it's play on.

I see it all the time where because players are being held up, they get a handball out of a situation that would have been ball in years gone by.

Bailey Williams just slowly jogging through the midfield while the ball is within distance is shocking. Where's his defensive game. At least apply some pressure.

If he’d had a shave like Simmo asked, his moustache might not have blinded him from the Lions player with the ball running past.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Zane trew is playing good I reckon based off this and his Great WAFL stats he should get a 1yr deal but we will see

Just quoting this one but could quote 100 others…

He won our B+F last year, he’s not some fringe player clinging on for dear life. Playing Tim Kelly is a no brainer, bizarre the hate he cops on here whenever he’s not by far our best mid.
Badge, he's been poor for a large section of this year. Some of it because he was expected to take on the whole midfield load by himself in the face of injuries (which, fair enough), and others because he's played like a gumby like today.

"Winning the B+F last year" is credits talk. If he is having bad games, he's gotta go earn it in the WAFL.

What the hell lol.
Simmo sitting with Gaffy, Jetta & Willie Rioli?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Badge, he's been poor for a large section of this year. Some of it because he was expected to take on the whole midfield load by himself in the face of injuries (which, fair enough), and others because he's played like a gumby like today.

"Winning the B+F last year" is credits talk. If he is having bad games, he's gotta go earn it in the WAFL.
It’s not credits talk when we’ve got about 3.5 AFL standard mids, who have had mixed availability throughout the year. He hasn’t been bad enough to get dropped, the microscope he gets put under (even last year when he was comfortably our best) has always fascinated me.

He’s not anywhere near his best, but he’s been passable. Problem is given the trade and focus on him, passable isn’t good enough.

It’s not credits talk when we’ve got about 3.5 AFL standard mids, who have had mixed availability throughout the year. He hasn’t been bad enough to get dropped, the microscope he gets put under (even last year when he was comfortably our best) has always fascinated me.

He’s not anywhere near his best, but he’s been passable. Problem is given the trade and focus on him, passable isn’t good enough.
I reckon it's because his disposal under no or little pressure is poor for an elite mid.
I don't know what the official stats are for de but every game he seems to just miss targets, make wrong selections of where to kick and miss hand balls.

13 games in getting heavily tagged in a team without much of a midfield to give his support and protection going through the worst turmoil in club history and you're criticising his output?
I have nothing but love for him. And he has been burned like 5 times by his teammates this half alone. And yes he is being tagged. So perhaps I am being too harsh.

His sloppy 50 was incredibly frustrating. Perhaps that’s colouring my view a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back