Review Round 18 - Port Adelaide @ PF Stadium - 14th July 2024 - 1:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats the problem the longer the home win away loss streak goes on - it gets in their head and as well as being feeble away, there is also just as much chance they get cocky at home and just expect it to be a win because its at home.

I know im a pessimist and totally broken by this team, but games against port have never been fun. Home or away or in 🇨🇳
Would still say that the Suns are favourites given how they play at home. The Power have turned their season around in the last two.weeks by having a much more direct lower possession game plan to Georgiades and co. The numerous street signs demanding Hinkleys sacking and the walk out at 3/4 time a couple of weeks ago probably has the players playing for their coach, Adelaide can be a very intense AFL place at times

People are flat and I get it but at 8-8 we are still in this.
Get over it and commit to being there next Sunday arvo.

We need to fire up off the field and get a hard earned win against a really good team this week and try again.

Lose next week and yes we do fall off the cliff.

Whos coming to the game???

I’ll be there

Would still say that the Suns are favourites given how they play at home. The Power have turned their season around in the last two.weeks by having a much more direct lower possession game plan to Georgiades and co. The numerous street signs demanding Hinkleys sacking and the walk out at 3/4 time a couple of weeks ago probably has the players playing for their coach, Adelaide can be a very intense AFL place at times
You just can't get rid of Hinkley, can you?

It'll be like a theme park
Roll up!Roll up!
See the players that develop and progress to the next level after being taken as a top 5 draft pick!
AMAZING BUT TRUE
Watch players run an extra 10 metres to help out a team mate!
YOU WON"T BELIEVE YOUR EYES
See someone score a clutch goal!
YOU THINK IT"S NOT POSSIBLE??
Meal drink entry combos available
All franchises participate in giveaways
Suns merchandise also available at select outlets*

*Not always available on gameday if opposition teams require more vendor space

We need to fire up off the field and get a hard earned win against a really good team this week and try again.

I’ll be there
🙋 I'll be there too.

In all honesty, I think over the years we've been so bereft of genuinely contending for a finals spot late in a season that people don't know what to do when the season is hanging in the balance with a record of 8W 8L and just default to thinking the season is over. This is not the time to give up, though. This is the time to do our bit by showing up, making a ton of noise in our fortress and doing everything we can to ensure the dream stays alive. We have a role to play here and can influence home games enough to get us over the line and stay ahead of the W-L ledger to keep giving the boys an opportunity to put it together on the road.

Jumping into the top 8 when you were a bottom 4 team a year ago is not easy and we're learning that right now as a fanbase. They need us, perhaps more than ever.

Bookies currently have the Suns as $1.62 favourites to win this one. I suspect those odds will even up throughout the week but I think we'll probably still go in as slight favourites. Port's last few games on the road haven't been great and we're obviously undefeated at home this year so there is cause for optimism from our perspective.

Do you think a loss in this game would be the final nail for Hinkley? He was highly emotional last week when you just barely beat the Saints. Almost as if he knew the bullet was coming if they didn't win that game.

🙋 I'll be there too.

In all honesty, I think over the years we've been so bereft of genuinely contending for a finals spot late in a season that people don't know what to do when the season is hanging in the balance with a record of 8W 8L and just default to thinking the season is over. This is not the time to give up, though. This is the time to do our bit by showing up, making a ton of noise in our fortress and doing everything we can to ensure the dream stays alive. We have a role to play here and can influence home games enough to get us over the line and stay ahead of the W-L ledger to keep giving the boys an opportunity to put it together on the road.

Jumping into the top 8 when you were a bottom 4 team a year ago is not easy and we're learning that right now as a fanbase. They need us, perhaps more than ever.

Bookies currently have the Suns as $1.62 favourites to win this one. I suspect those odds will even up throughout the week but I think we'll probably still go in as slight favourites. Port's last few games on the road haven't been great and we're obviously undefeated at home this year so there is cause for optimism from our perspective.

Do you think a loss in this game would be the final nail for Hinkley? He was highly emotional last week when you just barely beat the Saints. Almost as if he knew the bullet was coming if they didn't win that game.
Nah Koch loves him so he will stay, one thing is when we win Horne Francis is the difference, he is the best young player I have seen ability wise and that includes Buckley and Voss

Man….the negativity.
Wow.
We are 8-8. This is a pretty good season.
The Coach is building authority and has charisma and respect.

We have so many good players too. North Melbourne tried so hard yesterday and they had the usual assistance from the Voldemort’s.

I think the players deserve more love and respect from what’s meant to be the fans of the club.

What’s the story with Suns Fans?? Nasty to each other, nasty to the players.

Anyone heard of Stick Fat? Loyalty? How about love of community? Geeeeee.

This is the beautiful GC Club. (Evans Can Go However-he’s just a VFL Private School Plant).

Suspect the crowd will be terrible, Port doesn’t draw a large crowd on the coast from memory and many Suns fans will be damaged after this weekend’s debacle. Have to say I’m leaning towards not attending, which I find hard to even say after 14 seasons as a member and attending every game I could.

Negative outlook I know Mini GF , hopefully a week of work grind will change my mind

EDIT: if not I’ll make my gold tickets available

Last edited:
I’ll be there but i know the 14 game losing streak v Port since 2012 will become 15.

Unless Dimma’s words somehow get through to them

Oh yeh

Wooo
Pumped
You know I love your posts Billy.. and I understand the pessimism. But we generally are a much better team at home.

This is the time we beat them.

Suspect the crowd will be terrible, Port doesn’t draw a large crowd on the coast from memory and many Suns fans will be damaged after this weekend’s debacle. Have to say I’m leaning towards not attending, which I find hard to even say after 14 seasons as a member and attending every game I could.

Negative outlook I know Mini GF , hopefully a week of work grind will change my mind
Yeh get along. In 13 years ive never missed a home game at Carrara. Even went to the home game in Perth when comm games were on ! And have travelled to see them in most cities. I’ll be there as normal and cheering them on. As i always do even when as damaged as i am now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s next level impressive
Never missed an away qclash at gabba either. And i hate that drive up and back.
To me thats more impressive than watching them at marvel or optus!

But they’re my team right? Its what you do. And what i did in Perth from 1987 to 2011. Count on one hand the home games i missed when i supported the eagles at subiaco/waca.

I know we will get there. Finals and ultimate success. And lows like these will make it taste all that sweeter. chefs kiss

Never missed an away qclash at gabba either. And i hate that drive up and back.
To me thats more impressive than watching them at marvel or optus!

But they’re my team right? Its what you do. And what i did in Perth from 1987 to 2011. Count on one hand the home games i missed when i supported the eagles at subiaco/waca.

I know we will get there. Finals and ultimate success. And lows like these will make it taste all that sweeter. chefs kiss
And Billy is back. I was worried about you for a moment.

joke GIF

EDIT: if not I’ll make my gold tickets available

You like all of us, will come around by the weekend…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mitch Georgiades is an out due to suspension

You like all of us, will come around by the weekend…

Yeah, I know.

Suns fever is like a disease, can’t shake it

Told the missus I didn’t want to go to the Port game and she just chuckled and said yeah…..sure

Thats the problem the longer the home win away loss streak goes on - it gets in their head and as well as being feeble away, there is also just as much chance they get cocky at home and just expect it to be a win because its at home.

I know im a pessimist and totally broken by this team, but games against port have never been fun. Home or away or in 🇨🇳
First one was pretty good though… and away at that :):cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back