Preview Round 18 Team v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

weedon's defensive pressure was quite good in the pre-season. i think he will offer more value in that regard than hams (who actually doesn't much value in any regard)

weedon's defensive pressure was quite good in the pre-season. i think he will offer more value in that regard than hams (who actually doesn't much value in any regard)

Ireally don't understand the amount of Hams hate on this board. Sure he was poor against N.Melb and Sydney recently but he's still managed 18 goals from 12 games and I think a couple of those were as a sub. He's had a pretty solid year so far.

Hams has been solid enough but tends to play in spurts, one minute he is everywhere, the next he goes missing for a quarter or two. He is depth, but is doing a decent job thus far.

Well isn't that just the most ridiculous thing ever.

Hams has given us 18 goals this season, including three last week.

Weedon's given Claremont Reserves another player on the park.

Ireally don't understand the amount of Hams hate on this board. Sure he was poor against N.Melb and Sydney recently but he's still managed 18 goals from 12 games and I think a couple of those were as a sub. He's had a pretty solid year so far.

i'll grant you that his goal output has been acceptable, but it's no coincidence that our forward press has been nowhere near as effective this year with hams being a regular in the side.

Well isn't that just the most ridiculous thing ever.

Hams has given us 18 goals this season, including three last week.

Weedon's given Claremont Reserves another player on the park.

18 goals but very little in the way of defensive pressure, which a) indirectly creates goals and b) prevents opposition goals

18 goals but very little in the way of defensive pressure, which a) indirectly creates goals and b) prevents opposition goals

All well and good, but your reasoning included bringing in Weedon based on pre-season form. Since that time he's been dropped to the Claremont Reserves, and since coming back in the seniors has played in the backline.

i'll grant you that his goal output has been acceptable, but it's no coincidence that our forward press has been nowhere near as effective this year with hams being a regular in the side.

You put this down to Hams being in the side, and not the absence of Nicoski, Kennedy and LeCras and their combined 226 tackles from last season? Or the change in game plan across the league to neuter the press?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If its for a rest then that I can understand, but surely it can be on form and effort or even team balance.

A rest would fair enough, but to effectively swap him for a forward in Hill is a bit odd. Brennan certainly hasn't been the worst over the past few weeks either... *cough McGinnity *cough*

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 18 Team v Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back