Unofficial Preview Round 18 vs. Geelong, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 12/07

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Eyre definitely comes in to play key back as either Moore or Frampton will be needed in the ruck.

In: Eyre, Noble, Reef
Out: Cameron, Miho, Q

I'd also love to drop Markov, but we don't have anyone to replace him. None of TJ, Allan, Fin, Ryan, etc are there yet. Our depth is super tenuous at this point.

We are in an awkward spot. Since Frampton will have to play ruck so Howe needs to move back.

I don’t think it’s fair to play Eyre & Dean in the same backline. Too inexperienced.

JDG needs to be a forward who plays in the midfield. He can play Mihocek’s minutes.

Over the next few weeks, we need to find another midfielder. Fin or Ned Lomg need to step up.

Out: Checkers, IQ, DC
In: Reef, Noble, Fin

Noble, Howe, Dean
Maynard, Moore, WHE
JD, Pendles,Sidebottom
Joey, Kreuger, Hill
Schultz, Reef, JDG

Frampton, Nick, Crisp

Fin, Long,Markov, Lippa & HH sub.

In the good old days they often pulled Hail Mary stunts like that but in this professional age Smitty will have to learn the team systems and all that stuff. I'd love to throw the kid in there and say jump hard and stick with SDK all night.

Do you have any examples of inexperienced 18yos getting chucked into playing ruck?

In the “good old days” that would have been close to a death sentence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Howe has to play back no matter what, he has been an our best defender all year, we lose too much sending him forward from the opening bounce. As a pinch hit forward, I get it, but our backline looks in disarray when he is not there

Reef has to play the rest of the year, it’s his time now to establish himself.
Noble back in obviously, he makes the odd mistake but he generates run, and that is what our side thrives on

McReery is a massive loss, yes he doesn’t get the ball a lot and when he does, his decision making isn’t as good as what we would like, but he has intent when he tackles in a side that doesn’t, so it’s a standout when he isn’t there

I’ve always said I wanted to see what Moore could be as a mobile ruckman, free him up. His form is so bad now that I don’t think he could even handle that

Long looked ok, so wouldn’t mind see him starting in the middle and giving Naicos a hand. Would play DeGoey 50/50 forward and mid. He looked terrible last night, decision making was so poor.

Only a handful of players are anywhere near their usual output, and it’s killing us all over the ground. Far too many holes in this side.

A chance for a few to put their hand up in the VFL today to claim a spot in the seniors next week

With the loss of Mihocek, our forward line is that threadbare.
With Krueger, Richards, Harrison and possibly now McInnes, looking like VFL circa 2023.
Heck why not bring AJ back too and get the whole gang together…
In McStay we trust.
Because we haven’t got a choice.

I wish I didn’t care as much as I do.

My Apple Watch warned me of my heart rate being too high when I was inactive at the game last night. I’m a healthy 40 year old.

I want to stop caring. How do you turn it off?

Expecting another loss here. Hope I’m wrong. Not sure what changes we can, should or will make.

Injuries are just too much to cover now. We get a few back but lose more.

Actually can’t wait for this season to just be over with now

Don’t chuck it in yet. We won’t be near the flag but we can still have some fun. I reckon we’ve got a couple of surprising wins in us. We’re certainly not using much energy on our pressure game ATM, it’s all fairly bruise free. So let’s hope we’re saving some of our energy to pulverise a couple of cocky teams above us.

I’d start with Geelong next week.😋

I fear a proper belting is on the way here. All I can see is Jeremy Cameron running around with no opponent doing as he pleases slotting them in from all angles, Dangerfield bursting out of the center constantly and Gary Rohan playing his one great game for season.

It is difficult to see how we even compete with a critical mass of injuries. The Cats are actually playing solid footy now, they touched up Essendon last week ffs. I think this will be a long, long, long Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sullivan an opportunity to come back?
He has been better than a few out their last night.
Markov out.
Got to give Fin the rest of the year to see if he has a future.
Ditto for Reef.

Cupboard is bare but we need some players who have the desire.

Sent from my SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sullivan an opportunity to come back?
He has been better than a few out their last night.
Markov out.
Got to give Fin the rest of the year to see if he has a future.
Ditto for Reef.

Cupboard is bare but we need some players who have the desire.

Sent from my SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe even Johnson will get another chance.

I wish I didn’t care as much as I do.

My Apple Watch warned me of my heart rate being too high when I was inactive at the game last night. I’m a healthy 40 year old.

I want to stop caring. How do you turn it off?

Expecting another loss here. Hope I’m wrong. Not sure what changes we can, should or will make.

Injuries are just too much to cover now. We get a few back but lose more.

Couldn't agree more. In my opinion I think we're toast this year. Even if we do make the finals I can't see us doing anything. It's been a sh1t year personally and the next thing to make me so happy (my favourite team) is falling to bits too.

I hope we can at least turn things around for the rest of the year and prep for having a better 2025.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The first response after a loss like last night is to put a line through the season.

You can bet your arse though that Fly and the players won’t be doing that. No reason why we can’t bounce back and cause an upset next week and beyond.

We need to get rid of Charlie Dean.

Bloke played on 4 different Essendon opponents and every single one torched him on the lead

SO ****ING SLOW.
Can’t read the play and lacks the confidence to commit. Hence, he looks slow.
I noticed it, way back against Richmond in the preseason practice match.
He will only get “quicker” with more exposure and confidence.
The inability of many our VFL players to “step up” when they go to AFL is very troubling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back