Round 18 Vs Sydney - Selector's Table

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Vezpremi get a game against his old club.

I'm not sure what Hill is offering as a sub. He's a bit lost ATM
maybe make Vez sub and if Grant isn't showing anything then sub him out.

Not sure about the rucks, Hudson gives me a headache.

Out Hill
In Vez

where's libba and wallis?

Time for wholesale changes. Its Dimmies' winter clearance...

Out: Reid, Hooper, Hill, Markovich, Gilbee
In: Wallis, Cordy, Liberatore, Veszpremi, Tutt

Would be great to see three sons of guns in!

Time to see if Vespremi can play get a game or two into Cordy and more games into Roughead.Sorry Grant but i think you need to finish the season at Willi and come back next year and see how much you want it and the rose coloured glasses have to come off for Reid and Hooper.

BRIAN... WHERE ARE YOU BRIAN?!! Come back! Not that Markovic had much chance against Petrie given the overwhelming supply of ball from the North midfield. Pretty much in agreement with the general consensus on the bad games - Grant, Gilbee, Hooper, Reid and Hill were all down. Grant probably got to more contests than usual but often made bad decisions or was too easily pushed aside. Wouldn't drop him at this stage. Not sure about the MC's thinking on Hill, how effective is he supposed to be as a sub given a quarter a game? Has he been training well? I'd play him in a forward pocket for a full game before dropping him. Reid was bizarrely but showed promise as a sub so gets another chance. Feeling strangely generous this morning. I was disappointed by some of Gilbee's efforts but given our shocking disposal yesterday, we probably need his kicking. Which leaves Hooper but it's hard to blame a small forward for the pasting we copped all over the ground yesterday. If changes need to be made, obviously BRIAN needs to be considered if available, other than that I would only promote someone who was playing extremely well at Willy. Don't need to play kids because there's already enough young blokes playing. On the positive side, Lukey Dal and Liam Jones both did some very tidy things thankyouverymuch. Sticks Kernahan would have been proud of some of Jones' contested marks. And, thanks BBB Hall, great game. Clint EastonWood also tried hard, although should never have been on Edwards. Last thing - LOOONNNNGGGGG goals from both Boyd and Cross?!?! Amazing!

Out: Grant, Reid, Hooper, Hill,
In: Wallis, Liberatore, Veszpremi, Tutt

Would like to see Cordy but I have no idea how he'd fit in to the system with Jones and Hall in the forward line. We'd be constantly resting a tall on the bench taking up a runners rotation. Unless Cordy can play back? Our back line can't afford anymore changes though, it needs to gel and that only happens with game time.

Ok we need to be smart this week. We play the Swans at the SCG. Now that says two things to me. Stoppages and the CHF role.

So, this is a week to have 2 rucks. It's also a week where CHF can be a no mans land. I reckon we drop a tall forward for a Ruck. Leaving just 2 talls. Hall and Jones are the ones of course.

Grant goes for team balance and he was pretty average again last night.

Reid...well he had a shocker no doubt. Hoops tried hard but you'd think they look to try someone else out in that role now.

Hill was ok I thought again he was the sub. I reckon he hold his spot but will start next week.

Who comes in? Roughead/Minson/Cody? Addison, Veszpremi, Stack?

Barlow? Did he play for Willi? Not sure but if he did he may be in the mix too.

Our mids were really down, but I can't see them dropping any of them based on that game. MC would expect them to respond to that this week. In the Gun are Reid, Grant, Hooper.

Out: Hooper (Don't think he is up to it yet) Ried (butchered the ball, panicked under pressure)
In: Vez (8 goals in last 3 games) Roughead (Hudson needs a chop out and time to give this guy a crack)

Would push grant into defence for a week and let him learn how hard he needs to work, don't think sending him back to the vfl and forward would help anything as when the goals are in front of him he uses his speed and works but when the opposition have the ball he jogs along behind them.

I think Josh Hill needs a crack without being the sub, just thought yesterday he actually showed some intensity and willingness to put his head over the ball, even though he collided with picken at least he attacked the ball with desire to get it for once.

Out: Markovic, Reid, Gilbee

In: Cordy, Tutt, Vespremi

Would be tempted to give Huddo a rest in exchange for Minson, but we need Hudson against Mumford as that could very well decide the game.

Although Jones as a chop-out ruckman is working okay, we need him at CHF at least 80% off the time. Might play out of the goal square at the SCG though, alongside Barry. Ayce to help Huddo out and play in the backline. Have Tutt as the sub. Play Grant in defence (it’s the only way he will learn)

Hilll probably deserves a start/decent game time before we completely banish him.

For me (barring injury and match review)

Outs: Hooper, Reid
In: Vespremi, Tutt
--------------------------------------------

The problem for me with Reid, Hooper, Jones and MilHouse in the team is all four are not skilled enough by foot to fit leading targets forward of 50. All are place kickers more than passers so don't think we can carry all 4. Jones marking has been great and millhouses pressure second to none in the comp over a month. They stay in, the others drop out.

Other considerations
Grant lucky to stay in the team but as long as Jones is going to be asked to second ruck structurally at least there has to be a spot for Grant. Im not a hill fan but would be harsh to drop the guy after back to back subs. I thought Gilbees last two weeks have been far better than earlier in the year so I would reatin him in the squad. Again Id consider him being the sub considering his ability to fill a number of roles.

Tutt has been good all year and deserves a crack. On small SCG his long kicking and pace will be handy. Vespremi's last 3 weeks have been really solid, he knows the ground and will be busting a gut to show something to Longmire.

Other considerations
:thumbsdown: Cordy - People remember it was Cordy's first game back in a month. He cannot be match fit, and has had a back complaint thats troubled him all year. I wouldnt play the guy till he has strung 4 games together at VFL level getting in the best a few times.

Libba/Wallis - May be handy on the scg being the good clearance players they are... however when the swans beat us last time it was their pace that troubled us so think these two may be cooling their heals for another week.

Will/Roughy - I do think that Hudson needs help against the monster tall leaping rucks. Certainly could have done with Minno/Roughy yesterday. Mumford is not really that and his rucking style should match up well with mummy. Id give another week to Hudson. If we lose this game finals are all but a pipe dream so I would be getting games into Roughy.

For me (barring injury and match review)

--------------------------------------------

The problem for me with Reid, Hooper, Jones and MilHouse in the team is all four are not skilled enough by foot to fit leading targets forward of 50. All are place kickers more than passers so don't think we can carry all 4. Jones marking has been great and millhouses pressure second to none in the comp over a month. They stay in, the others drop out.

Other considerations
Grant lucky to stay in the team but as long as Jones is going to be asked to second ruck structurally at least there has to be a spot for Grant. Im not a hill fan but would be harsh to drop the guy after back to back subs. I thought Gilbees last two weeks have been far better than earlier in the year so I would reatin him in the squad. Again Id consider him being the sub considering his ability to fill a number of roles.

Tutt has been good all year and deserves a crack. On small SCG his long kicking and pace will be handy. Vespremi's last 3 weeks have been really solid, he knows the ground and will be busting a gut to show something to Longmire.

Other considerations
:thumbsdown: Cordy - People remember it was Cordy's first game back in a month. He cannot be match fit, and has had a back complaint thats troubled him all year. I wouldnt play the guy till he has strung 4 games together at VFL level getting in the best a few times.

Libba/Wallis - May be handy on the scg being the good clearance players they are... however when the swans beat us last time it was their pace that troubled us so think these two may be cooling their heals for another week.

Will/Roughy - I do think that Hudson needs help against the monster tall leaping rucks. Certainly could have done with Minno/Roughy yesterday. Mumford is not really that and his rucking style should match up well with mummy. Id give another week to Hudson. If we lose this game finals are all but a pipe dream so I would be getting games into Roughy.

I know you are not a Cordy fan, but since when has he had a back problem all year? He's missed 3 to 4 weeks this year and that's all. He was up until that time playing every game after a good pre season. Until his recent set backs was in the best at Willi and I thought would have been very close to playing AFL.

Sure this week could be a bit much to ask of him, but I don't think it will be long before he gets his chance. Perhaps another week at Willi, but we need to get some games into him this year, and he's just about earned his chance with some luck on the injuries he will.

I'm not saying this because he's Ayce Cordy, but becuase he's been developing really well and improving the more he plays. For mine he's a better overall player than Roughy (and I really rate Roughy). He's better skilled, better below his knees and more agile.

But agree....this week....maybe a bridge too far...but it will be soon. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, sorry to intrude but I'm curious as to how Vesz is doing in the team overall?

Have a bit of a soft spot for him and I've been living under a rock lately so I'm not really sure what the news is.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude but I'm curious as to how Vesz is doing in the team overall?

Have a bit of a soft spot for him and I've been living under a rock lately so I'm not really sure what the news is.

Has had a decent run of goalkicking. 8 goals from his last three games.

Ins: Tutt, Veszpremi

Tutt got in the best for Willy, so he may come in. A taste of senior footy would be good for him.

Vez deserves a game too - swap with Hooper. Will Barlow be back this week?

I know you are not a Cordy fan, but since when has he had a back problem all year?

I was pretty sure his back kept him out of a game very early this year. Are you suggesting he has played every game of the season up until the recent out of 4 weeks ?? That would surprise me but I stand to be corrected and apologise if I was wrong.

But agree....this week....maybe a bridge too far...but it will be soon. :thumbsu:

And I hope it is. I hope the kid puts his name up before the selectors instead of getting handed a game. I really hope we don't have a scotty gumbleton body on our hands cause I don't doubt the kids talent either... I simply doubt his body.

Its not I don't like the kid either ... I am just over alot of people on this forum, not you by the way as I know you follow willi, who continually push his name up after a loss. Even when we were winning in the last 4 weeks people were putting his name up for selection when the kid was out with a back injury.

Wish people would watch or follow willi enough to at least know his body hasnt been right for nearly a month now and that alone should count him out at least for a few weeks.

I think should we lose this week we gain nothing out of playing one ruck and damaging Jones playing a backup ruck. Should we lose this week roughy or Cordy have to play as a second ruck to either will or Hudson every week for teh rest of the year.

Hall was always going to toss it in at years end, and in all likelyhood Hudson will go as well, so why in the hell have they not been playing Roughead or Cordy.. weeks of lost opportunity, meanwhile they have been playing that absolute linament thief Josh Hill, a bloke who brings absolutely zero to the table.If the bloke is petrified playing with Hall in the side, how will he be when he is gone?(hopefully a rhetorical question, because he should never be picked again)
As far as others go, give Liberatore a go as a defensive crumbing forward replacing Hooper(tries hard, but will never make it)
Cannot carry Boyd and Cross together in the same side,neither good enough users, but could get away with it on small SCG in trying conditions.
And WTF was Tom Williams doing kicking in last week, did Gilbee and Murphy have limbs amputated in the 2nd half?
Sam Reid was terrible and a decision must be made on him shortly(crueled by injuries, hard at it but again a battler)

I know you are not a Cordy fan, but since when has he had a back problem all year? He's missed 3 to 4 weeks this year and that's all. He was up until that time playing every game after a good pre season. Until his recent set backs was in the best at Willi and I thought would have been very close to playing AFL.

Sure this week could be a bit much to ask of him, but I don't think it will be long before he gets his chance. Perhaps another week at Willi, but we need to get some games into him this year, and he's just about earned his chance with some luck on the injuries he will.

I'm not saying this because he's Ayce Cordy, but becuase he's been developing really well and improving the more he plays. For mine he's a better overall player than Roughy (and I really rate Roughy). He's better skilled, better below his knees and more agile.

He has missed 3 of the last 5 games.

He has performed well in the 2 he has played, but one would think we would take a no risk policy with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back