Game Day Round 19, 2023: Port Adelaide Magpies vs Collingwood at Adelaide Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how some people think Collingwood are weak. Then pluck out some random result. They're 15-2 with a % of 139. They've absolutely demolished sides including us. Wow they lost a couple close ones against good sides away from home, and they only just won a couple games against crap opposition. Like it matters? They've won 15, you don't win every game by 20 goals. Its just stupidity.

They're a very, very good team. Right there with some of the best clicking teams we've seen in recent years.

You also can't say that sort of stupid stuff without recognising they smashed us last time, we only just beat several mediocre sides and are sitting on only 114%. It all means zero. You can bend results to serve whatever bias you have. The fact is they sit top for a reason and anyone with half a brain that's watched them knows they're clearly the best in the comp and we're going to have a massive job ahead of us to win this.

Port to win.

Midfield: Our best midfielder is the greatest footballer in his family, theirs isn't. Advantage Port.

Coach: Our coach has 11 years of experience, theirs only has 2. Advantage Port.

Depth: We have so much depth our captain can't even get a game, whereas their captain is a walk-up start. Advantage Port.

I love how some people think Collingwood are weak. Then pluck out some random result. They're 15-2 with a % of 139. They've absolutely demolished sides including us. Wow they lost a couple close ones against good sides away from home, and they only just won a couple games against crap opposition. Like it matters? They've won 15, you don't win every game by 20 goals. Its just stupidity.

They're a very, very good team. Right there with some of the best clicking teams we've seen in recent years.

You also can't say that sort of stupid stuff without recognising they smashed us last time, we only just beat several mediocre sides and are sitting on only 114%. It all means zero. You can bend results to serve whatever bias you have. The fact is they sit top for a reason and anyone with half a brain that's watched them knows they're clearly the best in the comp and we're going to have a massive job ahead of us to win this.
I think most are aware of the challenge we face, it just feels like you shit the bed while hiding under the doona before most games.

I think most are aware of the challenge we face, it just feels like you s**t the bed while hiding under the doona before most games.
I have zero faith in this group. They don't play smart footy. And the PTSD watching teams under this regime is 100% real.

Win tonight and I'll start buying into the hype.

I have zero faith in this group. They don't play smart footy. And the PTSD watching teams under this regime is 100% real.

Win tonight and I'll start buying into the hype.
Reckon they played some smart footy in a stretch of 13 in a row tbh.

I'm not sure there is much hype, Collingwood have the hype train totally sewn up.

Come out breathing fire to score 1.7 in the first qtr. Second qtr we run out of steam with our under done players and then the flood gates open. Collingwood by 50, the 13 in a row team hasn’t been around for five weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I have that sinking feeling that the wheels are about to fall off this season. We definitely peaked a little too early and as has been a hallmark of the Hinckley era, I think players carrying niggles will impact our pressure ranking.

Our best is good enough, but we just haven’t looked like our best since the bye.

Collingwood by 48.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood smashing us is a big difference. The rest of the form line isn't that different, case by case:

vs Brisbane (54pt win vs 33pt loss)
vs Melbourne (4pt win vs 4pt loss)
vs Bulldogs (14pt win & 22pt win vs 12pt win)
vs Geelong (38pt win vs 22pt win)
vs St Kilda (7pt win vs 6pt win)
vs GWS (TBA vs 65pt win)
vs Essendon (5pt win & 4pt win vs 13pt win)
vs Carlton (50pt loss vs 28pt win)
vs Richmond (10pt win vs 14pt win)
vs Adelaide (31pt loss vs 1pt win & 2pt win)
vs Gold Coast (33pt win vs 78pt win)
vs Sydney (2pt win vs 29pt win)
vs Fremantle (TBA vs 46pt win)
vs Hawthorn (55pt win vs TBA)
vs North Melbourne (70pt win vs 35pt win)
vs West Coast (40pt win vs 60pt win)

In fact looking at that it would seem Collingwood are significantly better than us at beating up on teams outside the 8 but we have had a better win against every team in the 8 we've played (apart from them).

I agree that they are the best team in the comp, I agree we will need to be at our best to beat them, I know they smashed us last time. But they're not some godly team with us filling the role of sewer trash.

All virgin flights from Perth to Adelaide have been canceled today so a lot of people rocked up to the airport this morning and instead of boarding the flight was canceled. We weren’t even told and still haven’t been given any notification. Farcical!
Absolutely devastated so I’m stuck on the couch instead of being in the ground.

hope we win... Sigh

Collingwood are ripe for the picking but I don't think it will be us who does the picking although I'd like to be wrong.

Loads of Collingwood supporters have got the cup in their hands already wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

Collingwood by 27pts.

I have that sinking feeling that the wheels are about to fall off this season. We definitely peaked a little too early and as has been a hallmark of the Hinckley era, I think players carrying niggles will impact our pressure ranking.

Our best is good enough, but we just haven’t looked like our best since the bye.

Collingwood by 48.
I am unusually settled coming into this game Port have shown with winning 13 games in a row that they can win. Tonight imo is the night where we find out if they can go that next step up. That question won't be resolved until we see them tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back