Review Round 19, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpires signal time on and off. So maybe Sydney's accusations of cheating umpires is correct, except the cheating was the umpires giving them an extra 45s to beat us.
Cmon; even if the ump failed to blow time back in, surely once the play starts the timekeeper just starts the clock; I mean as if play would ever go on without a clock rolling.

Looking towards finals the 2 best signs to come out of the game yesterday.

1- We beat the top of the ladder flag favourites with our 2 prime midfield movers Neale and Dunkley having a down game.

2- With Harris Andrews off for a significant portion of the last quarter our back 6 held up well.

Last edited:
Looking towards finals the 2 best signs to come out of the game yesterday.

1- We beat the top of the ladder flag favourites with our 2 prime midfield movers Neal and Dunkley having a down game.

2- With Harris Andrews off for a significant portion of the last quarter our back 6 held up well.

For me the overwhelming positive was that we stood up in key moments eg. The last quarter goals and all the defensive wins in the last

Very different to the Melbourne game where we just finally switched on and managed to just take enough of our opportunities to win

I thought the turning point was Fages putting Charlie in the ruck against Grundy. Really good coaching.

Just to follow up on this. Look how worried Grundy is having to ruck against King Charles. He doesn't know what to do. And then Charlie does his little forward craft wrap around move and arguably wins the contest. I've been watching it on repeat for hours. Its art.

Just to follow up on this. Look how worried Grundy is having to ruck against King Charles. He doesn't know what to do. And then Charlie does his little forward craft wrap around move and arguably wins the contest. I've been watching it on repeat for hours. Its art.

Deep in his lair under the Whitten Oval, Bevo is feverishly rewinding this one.

Caleb Daniel,,,,, welcome back to the bulldogs team as the F50 ruck!

Deep in his lair under the Whitten Oval, Bevo is feverishly rewinding this one.

Caleb Daniel,,,,, welcome back to the bulldogs team as the F50 ruck!

As Caleb opens the door to Bevo's office lair he sees a still frame on the TV of Charlie rucking against Grundy and a single tear rolls down his eye.

happy tobey maguire GIF

Cornes and others calling for Hipwood's head over the "tunnel".

I've watched it several times and tried to get a read on the incident but it happens so quickly i can't really work out if it's "intentional" or an accident?.

Opinions?

EDIT: Just saw another angle on the Main Board and it looks pretty ugly.

Think Hippy might be doing some time for that.

Last edited:
Cornes and others calling for Hipwood's head over the "tunnel".

I've watched it several times and tried to get a read on the incident but it happens so quickly i can't really work out if it's "intentional" or an accident?.

Opinions?

EDIT: Just saw another angle on the Main Board and it looks pretty ugly.

Think Hippy might be doing some time for that.
At the game couldn't work out how they didn't get a free for it. Hence the salty swanny supporters.
Surely nothing to worry about though, but on the other hand who would know and could make Thursday night interesting if he is scrubbed out.
Pretty clumsy all the same.

Thought Wilmot and Andrews were also exceptional and were in my top 5 along with Hugh, Cam and Zork. Frog was next with O for mine.
It was hard. I’m in bed with the flu and to raise my spirits, I rewatched the game. I agree about Andrews and Wilmot. They were great!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just said in SEN that at the 14 minute mark of the third quarter that when Heeney handed the ball to Grundy instead of the umpire that the clock stopped for 45 seconds meaning obviously that the game went 45 seconds longer than it should have due to a time keeper error…same thing happened when Hugh kicked the winning goal against Dee’s.

We may need a new timekeeper at the Gabba because he can’t do his job.
the Melbourne game wasn't an error, it was out out bounds free kick, the timer doesn't start until Hugh played on and kicked the goal and then in stops when its signalled, from memory it went from 1.18 to 1.11

How would Harris be in question - we took him off for HIA?

That is what I'm wondering. Whether we delayed taking him off like Carlton did I suppose?

Otherwise its just the AFL lumping us in as a nothing to see here to distract from the fact Carlton let McKay stay on until the end of the third quarter.

Could Harris have been groggy after the hit on the wing right at the end of the game? Was a big collision
He was definitely slow to get up before making his way back on the telecast - I was quite stressed that he wouldn't get back in time.

Has Harris had any other concussions besides the Jeremy Cameron assault?

I thought that was in the VFL
Definitely happened yesterday at a centre bounce, the Swans players where waving their hands around that we only had 5 in the 50 meter arc, the umpires had a quick look and must have noted we only had 17 on and bounced the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 19, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney

Back