Game Day Round 2, 2024: West Coast vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder if Darling's been given a rocket? Can't remember the last time he was named on the bench, especially when Petch is named at CHF.

At least Petch can mark and kick goals though, so I dig it.

Slightly overlooked fact is Jamieson named in back pocket.

Could see him starting game in forward line, Duggan in back line and LEdwards on the wing.

Players don’t have to start in their spots as per team sheet. Just need the 18 names on field out there.

Can’t believe we left out Hall. Burgiel should have been in too for a bit of dare off HBF.

Can’t believe we left out Hall. Burgiel should have been in too for a bit of dare off HBF.

Hall was on managed minutes and came off at 3/4 time in the WAFL. I think it’s prudent to have someone be able to play a full game in the ressies before being promoted

As for Burgiel, he probably needs to string a few games together without getting injured before being considered. Jones can provide the date off HB for now

Suspect Gaff has been named so he can be used as the non playing emergency this weekend

You’d think Hunt and Chesser both play in the 22.

Dewar a smokey to be sub but I think it will be Witherden

Leaves Barnett, Darling and Maric for the final two spots. Probably not Barnett just yet

Overall
Jones for Witherden
Chesser for Gaff
Maric for Allen

Witherden to be sub

In- dean cox
Out- simmo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slightly overlooked fact is Jamieson named in back pocket.

Could see him starting game in forward line, Duggan in back line and LEdwards on the wing.

Players don’t have to start in their spots as per team sheet. Just need the 18 names on field out there.
Jamieson plays the best game of his career by far and you want him moved? Madness.

He'll play back to release McGovern for intercept duties.

Its about time the club made a stand on some of the veterans(good WAFL players). Gaff should be playing a practice match this week not on the interchange bench same as Darling. OK you can say the young guys aren't ready for the rigours of AFL, I'd much prefer to lose by 100 points watching the young kids than losing by 10 points with all our veterans playing

JJ is a good matchup for Bedford or Daniels
Maybe Hough on Toby, could be interesting
Brown is probably a tricky one to predict a matchup for

Gaff needs to be sharpening up in the B's?
JJones! Hope he lives up to some people's expectations, curious to see what he brings.
Maric can hopefully build on this..
Darling possibly warms the pine..if so, sends a message. Suspect he or Maric will be straight in, only got Snake down there for height, depending on Bailey and Jamieson..
Brockman might get more touch this time around..
Who sits on Toby...

Last edited:
What does Jack Williams have to do to get a spot with Allen out?
Isn't 3 goals in the WAFL praccy enough?
Burgiel didn't even get a spot on the extended bench with 4 goals, so I guess Williams needs to kick 5 this weekend... 😝

Last edited:
Plus how far down the pecking order are the guys not on the extended bench when Gaff who is guaranteed to be omitted is still ahead of them lol.
There is likely to be further change. Veteran Andrew Gaff was informed early in the week that he would not be playing on Sunday but he was named on the extended interchange bench.

Those players are named in numerical order which puts him first in the queue of eight players, but he sits a little further down the order.

I hope we do actually play Jamo in defence all game, if he can matchup on whoever GWS pinch hit ruckman is, Cadman or Riccardi, he can just follow them into the midfield when they swap out. BW can just follow Briggs around.
Helps free up Gov to do his good work too.

Interesting if Darling or Witho are dropped/sub, would be a statement for sure. I thought after the article last week Witho would be somewhat safe for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back