MVP Round 2; Essendon v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Hooker - 1 billion points for Hooker for his last quarter heroics. Those match saving marks in defense followed by the move forward to kick the best goal he's ever going to kick in his career.
4. Heppell - Just absolutely tireless today. That calm presence everywhere on the ground for us, in much the same way that Hodge was for the Hawks.
3. Hurley - Absolutely terrific on Roughead and gave us a ton of rebound as well. Roughhead basically did bugger all until he went into the ruck (and escaped Hurley).
2. Watson - Much like Heppell he just kept working and working. Winning that hard ball and getting us going from the middle. Nice underground pass when he looked like he might be in some trouble too - becoming a specialty of his.
1. Merrett - There's a few this spot could have gone to but his tackling was more than just numbers, they were influential in either turning the ball over or holding up their play. Classy with the ball and great without it too. This guy is a star in the making.

5/ Hooker -surprised that this isn't unanimous. Perfect game and won us the match at both ends. Considering the occasion, it was the best game I've seen him play.
4/ Hurley
3/ Heppell
2/ Watson
1/ Merrett

6/ Ambrose for his insane fanatical burial of Hill in the closing stages. Our tackling has become elite. Dare I say, line in the sand stuff.

5. Hurley - A beast of a game. Totally dominated the first half
4. Hooker - If I could give 2 players 5 votes he'd be equal to Hurls. 10 marks, 4 contested, 6 rebound 50's and the winning goal. Unreal
3. Watson - What else can you say. Did what he normally does.
2. Colyer - Love how he has turned his career around, he is now one of ur most important players, not someone fighting for his spot. Speed, class and his kicking his unbelievable these days
1. Baggers - Smashed them down back

Unlucky
Stants, Hepp, Ambrose & Zaccy Merrett (this kid will be an out and out star in a few years)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5. Hooker
4. Hurley
3. Heppell
2. Merret
1. Watson

5 - Hooker; could have won it on last quarter alone. What a player he's become.
4 - Heppell; always just finds a way to be involved.
3 - Hurley; a great foil for Hooker.
2 - Watson; I don't need to tell you. Everyone knows he's fantastic.
1 - Zerrett; Can't believe we got him in the mid 20s at the draft.

Honorable mentions; Melksham (still turns it over a bit by kicking it too flat too often, but is showing a lot more this year than in previous), Daniher (3 important goals, few nice marks), Stanton (proved a lot of people wrong in a return to old form. Ran, ran & ran. Used the ball far better this week) & Colyer/Zaharakis (When they're getting the ball, we're a completely different team. Pivotal to plans for faster ball movement).

Having said that, not too many were awful or anything.

Only complaint today! instead of handballing 15 meters, can we kick it instead, it nearly costs us that win, now for the votes.

I give

5 - Hurley
4 - (7) Merrett
3 - Heppel
2 - Melksham
1- Zaharakis

Having just watched the reply, both Hooker and Coyler were very deserving of votes. (that was a great team effort.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back