Round 2:- Game review Blues v Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

J Brown back to his bad self tonight...should get done for the hit on Murph. Dont want to sound like a whinger...but could the umpires done any worse tonight?

When are you guys coming back into the country?

Sometime in January.

i can't handle life without AFL and cricket. I streamed the game today and litsened to the tigers game but it's just not the same. Oh well i am having an amazing experience over here, and will try to watch the blues game every week

I think we will all be happy this year if we make finals. I know I will, it's been to long for our great club.

The Smurf is tough as nails, loved the fact he got knocked out and came back on when we needed our leaders out there. :thumbsu:

At the ground, I thought he had the most impact. He seemed to have more composure than usual. His kicking has improved markedly, particularly near goal.

Reading the stats Bryce seems to have had the perfect game. But I'd still rate Murph an 8.5.

At the ground, I thought he had the most impact. He seemed to have more composure than usual. His kicking has improved markedly, particularly near goal.

Reading the stats Bryce seems to have had the perfect game. But I'd still rate Murph an 8.5.

Murph has improved his kicking about 20% from last season, and he is starting to kick those rover type goals. It's awesome and with Eddie playing the way he has the last two games our forward line is looking very potent now.

Am I the only one who's noticed how much Waite's kicking has improved?

Like Gibbs he can be prone to still kicking a bit lazily when under no pressure, but I thought that tonight most of his kicks were great :thumbsu:

Has shown genuine improvement and composure so far I reckon.

As for Garlett, I wonder if he may need a rest already because he didn't ever seem to be using most of that pace he has tonight, from what I saw. I just wonder if he's feeling quite sore or tired already as he adjusts to the AFL level. Nevertheless he is still impressive, as is Robinson who is obviously a ready made star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot to mention Sauce, this kid is getting better every week. He is starting to read the play and he tries to become the link man as well. He holds his own in the ruck and that's awesome for us, because that means Kruz can roam in the forward line or around the ground.

Hadley is definitely underrated. At the moment, he is in our top 5 most important.

I would say it is, Judd, Fev, Thornton/Jamison, Hadley, Gibbs or Murph.

Given the strength, height, power & football ability Brett Thornton had to give away to his opponent, he deserved to be chaired off the ground for his efforts in keeping us in the game, when Brown threatened to take over.

If J Brown is an honest man, when he retires he will look back and say that Brett Thornton was probably his toughest opponent.

Thornton looks like he would be the only back men going around who might be able to go one on one with Fevola. Thank **** they play on the same side.

Couldn't of been happier with the 2nd quarter. And much the same early in the 3rd but I was fairly angry with our effort in the middle after that. We came good when it counted and we got the W but really lacklustre. Probably put my expectations too high, after our 2nd quarter probably expecting and 80 plus win but games like this is good for our education.

We talked a bit about 4 quarter efforts but honestly unless one side just hasn't come out to play ala Richmond you gonna find to do that you really have to have everyone on top of their game. So to our credit we held of that Lions side and got the goals when they counted and several players did lift.

Here's to another win:thumbsu:

I agree once again turned it over at critical stages, I fail to see what the MC see in him. JR out next week and Grigg in, I am sure the JR lovers who never seem to see his turnovers will come in here shortly and tell us we shouldn't be bagging him, because having a opinion on players if it's crictical is bagging.

The reason JR won't get dropped for Grigg is because he did his job again tonight. Was given the task to shutdown Johnstone & except for when Johnstone went into the midfield in the 3rd quarter (not sure why Ratts didn't have JR follow him then), did the job very well.

JR kept the dangerous Johnstone to 16 disposals, a huge difference to his match-winning, 37 disposal game of last week. This is the second time in a row that JR has shadowed him & limited his impact. As long as players meet the criteria set by the MC they will rightly continue to get a game.

FWIW, Russell's disposal efficiency was 77% tonight, coming off 76% last week.

Paul Bower is a VERY average defender. Can't believe it took so long for him to get moved off Bradshaw. We only played one good quarter of footy, lucky for us it was enough to get the 4 points.

Well done to the 42 and a half thousand that went last night......Excellent crowd and great atmosphere (esp whenever eddie goes near the pill)

:thumbsu:

Paul Bower is a VERY average defender. Can't believe it took so long for him to get moved off Bradshaw. We only played one good quarter of footy, lucky for us it was enough to get the 4 points.

Last year he was brilliant was Pauly B. Don't understand why he didn't put some bulk on in the pre season. Admittedly he runs off half back a fair bit with some dash but he needs to be able to play on some of the bigger bodies. Tonight he struggled to hold his own against Bradshaw who out muscled him consistently. I don't think it's a lack of defensive pressure/mindset, but more so lack of strength at the moment.

Bower just got out muscled by Bradshaw, as soon as Jammo went off I knew that Bradshaw was going to kick a few. They should have probably put Waite onto Bradshaw instead of Bower.

Congrats on the win guys.

Your midfield is class, class, class.

Quick favour to ask though. If any of your mods are about, this bloke is being a bit of a pain in the ass over on our board.

All our mods are asleep so if one of your blokes can take a look, that would be good. He's derailing what was some fairly good banter between our two sides.

If J Brown is an honest man, when he retires he will look back and say that Brett Thornton was probably his toughest opponent.

Craig Bolton normally gives Brown considerable trouble, Rutten too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2:- Game review Blues v Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back