Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh sorry i didnt realise that list was not indicative of who would start. So its only accurate for the earlier games then?

Embley said he hoped to play a full game against Hawthorn at Patersons Stadium next Sunday, but couldn't rule out more appearances in the green vest as the year wore on.
Exactly.

I expect him to play this round as well. But if i get rid of him now, that will be the end of it. If I hold onto him, there might be a week where I need to use my two trades for injuries/ suspension or to get the best rookie on the bubble. If Embley is again at risk of being the sub for a round in the future, it is just a further headache.

This week I really dont need to do any trades. I could hold embley and he could score well. But if I can get rid of a player who will be in the green vest regularly throughout the year, then why hold onto him. When I picked him for my initial team, i didnt think he would be the sub almost ever.

I won't be trading this week. :thumbsu:

Looking at a double trade next week though.

I feel like we should be trading in week 1. If we were reading the winner's report in a few months time it wouldn't surprise me to see a few risks taken in trading for week 1. How many trades can we actually save anyway? Trading out Robinson or Dangerfield isn't as stupid as it seems imo.

I feel like we should be trading in week 1. If we were reading the winner's report in a few months time it wouldn't surprise me to see a few risks taken in trading for week 1. How many trades can we actually save anyway? Trading out Robinson or Dangerfield isn't as stupid as it seems imo.
With 44 trades, you can afford to trade at least once a week...

With almost no cash in the bank, and if by any chance both Danger and Greene spud it up again this week and both Murphy & ROK both tonne up again, they will be my 2 Rd3 trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premo to a possible breakout player, based on 1 game.

Looks like a fanboy trade to me. Libba had 4 100's last year but still only averaged 77.7.

What will his role be when Boyd comes back?
I've explained my reasons elsewhere, and I needed the cash for the other upgrade.

Not really sure who you are to be criticising my trades as "fanboy trades", but I'll back my footy knowledge thanks. He's, in my opinion, clearly taken his footy to another level this year after watching all of his matches and seeing him at training. He's pretty much a sure thing to get a healthy price rise, while I'm concerned about Danger's form, especially since he has another proven tagger lining up against him this week.

His role will be just as it always has been. He and Boyd are completely different players.

I've explained my reasons elsewhere, and I needed the cash for the other upgrade.

Not really sure who you are to be criticising my trades as "fanboy trades", but I'll back my footy knowledge thanks. He's, in my opinion, clearly taken his footy to another level this year after watching all of his matches and seeing him at training. He's pretty much a sure thing to get a healthy price rise, while I'm concerned about Danger's form, especially since he has another proven tagger lining up against him this week.

His role will be just as it always has been. He and Boyd are completely different players.
If your footy knowledge was so great you would've had him in before lockout. This is a waste of a trade IMO, how can you back one score from Libba and trade out Danger? Wasn't there a reason you chose Danger in the first place?

Every scenario is different, so of course there is no right or wrong answer here.

Many will trade because they have to or want to, but there will be many who just don't see it as necessary or appropriate for their side. I am in the latter group for sure.

Sideways trading (particularly from premium to premium) has for years been seen as an absolute waste of trades, but as you correctly point out, with 44 trades available to us over the course of the season trades can't really be saved. There is now some merit to trading sideways and no doubt there will be plenty who go down that path.

In my situation, I've decided not to trade this week. I am ranked 12th overall but I'm holding on to my side as initially selected for one more week as I don't feel it is worth changing things up just yet. I have no injured players that need to be traded out immediately. I feel as though I've nailed the rookie selections in my side so there's no real need for me to change anything there. A few under-performing premiums are a slight concern but I've decided to wait the extra week and see how they go before making a final decision on them. I've already mapped out the trades in my mind for next week should those same premiums fail to fire again in round 2.

Of course I could lose ground to some who sideways trade a premium to another premium, but for every one team that does that successfully I think there will be numerous who do it and make their side worse as a result. It's a risk, but one I've decided is absolutely worth taking.

Dangerfield scored 108 against Brisbane last year..... A tag does not always work.

I'd be more worried about games where Sloane, VB and Mackay step up and Dangerfield lets them run riot and makes a workman like contribution rather than racking up possessions.

If your footy knowledge was so great you would've had him in before lockout. This is a waste of a trade IMO, how can you back one score from Libba and trade out Danger? Wasn't there a reason you chose Danger in the first place?
Where did I say my footy knowledge was great? Don't put words in my mouth. I said I'd back it, which I will over somebody on the internet. If you don't want to make the trade yourself, cool. There's no need to criticise somebody over the internet for trades they made on a fantasy game.

I chose Danger because I felt like he had a very good chance to improve his average this year with an extra pre-season and an ability to break tags coming through. The match last week told me two things: a) he may still struggle with tags this year, and b) he's not above playing second fiddle to the others in the Crows' midfield and playing the team game, which generally doesn't score well. Libba, on the other hand, showed that the 'Dogs have clearly been instructed to get the ball in his, Griffen's or a similar player's hands - the players looked for him constantly, and he was often the one the team trusted to move the ball forward. He also has the benefit of being third in line for a tag - behind Griff and Coons - while Danger sits at #1 without question. In addition, I needed the cash to swing Cox into the ruck and upgrade Blicavs in the forward line. It's a measured trade imo. Danger will decrease in price almost undoubtedly. If he starts performing exceptionally well, I'll grab him after the price drop. Two trades per week changes things.

Wait ...wat...you traded Danger for Libba?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back