Round 2 Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is my theory regarding Tippett and why I'm considering trading him...

I picked him as a low end keeper with the idea that he would be my 7th forward.

I picked him expecting him to be a leading target, who would win points through marks and disposals, whilst expecting him to chase and tackle. Goals would be a bonus but not the basis of his score.

So picked as part of a structured plan with specific expectations I was hoping to see.

So far in 2 games I have seen nothing. He is not leading. He is not chasing and tackling. He isn't even marking much. He is standing in no mans land in the forward line with his hand up asking to have the ball bombed in. This flat out doesn't work if your name isn't J. Brown and even then, it is not effective generally against the top teams with good defenders.

Part two builds on that final sentence. Freo have good tall defenders but outside of Bolton, Sydney do not. Grundy is improving rapidly but LRT is a spud.

So having a specific plan and having seen absolutely nothing to like about Tippett I have to adapt. As he is, Tippett is useless to me. He is not a keeper and he is not a cash cow and he is scoring worse than several guys below him and looks to continue to score worse.

Therefore I am left with a couple of options.

a) Keep him and hope that everything that is wrong changes. This is essentially based on one of 3 theories. The first is hope and belief, not a good one. The second is that he is a complete front runner and that when Adelaide improve he will improve exponentially, this requires Adelaide to improve a lot though, which I have concerns with. Third is that he is injured, Adelaide fans have told me this is not the case. So basically I can hope or take a great leap that if Adelaide turn it around Tippett will go along for the ride. Possible no doubt.

b) Trade to someone I think will be a keeper. Without a double trade this is not overly possible for me. Only guy I can see that I can afford that may be a keeper is Petterd and 2 weeks is not enough to pick that on. So this option is out for me.

c) Trade to a cash cow such as Ballantyne or Dangerfield. My team was structured for this. I picked as many potential keepers as I could with the idea that some would not work out and that I could then swing them to cash cows if needed. Tippett is the only guy I have that is greatly underachieving. Everyone else is at or above break even or I have a valid reason to think they will improve.

Again, option a and c will be decided later this week but I'm certainly leaning at option c. My problem is more with how Tippett has played than what he has scored. 80 would not be good enough for why I picked him and how my team is set up, so if he is not going to earn money or score what I need then he is of no use. His only strength left to consider is how valuable he is as a DP player. I could live with 80 as my 2nd ruck if he gets there, but as a forward he is not doing enough.

Good position to be in though with only one true underachiever and a couple of could do betters. 7 rookies playing also helps.

Thing is with Masten is that he's only priced at a mid-60s average, and was used off a half-forward flank (lol) with crappy supply in our last game and still knocked out a 70.

With LeCras set to return and big calls for Lynch to be selected, and with McKinley pressing his claims in the WAFL, expect a return to the engine room for at least a substantial portion of games for the rest of the season.
Agree. Won't be trading him out. Even he doesn't start pulling out 80+ scores, he'll hold his value and is an easy upgrade to a fallen premium.

I guess I could wait on Tippett and then upgrade him to Cox/Clark in a few weeks, however Seaby might just average 80+ playing as the number one ruck. I know Tippett will improve over the first two weeks but I'm not sure I see him improving to 80+. All going well, Seaby might just be a keeper at his club.

I'm hoping Hille can pull out a couple of decent performances, allowing me to cash in on a fallen Cox/Clark. Better yet, he recaptures his form of 2008 but I can't see that happening with Ryder sharing the ruck.

Most likely no trades for me this week.

I do have a few players that i am questioning, such as Hall, Pav and Hille.

But i think each one has enough promise to stay in the side.

Hall managed to score 52 points with just 1 goal. That to me says if he can manage 3 goals a game (which is very realistic), he could average close to 80, which is good enough at his value.

Pav has been pretty average, but history has shown he is a proven scorer and should come good in a improving and better freo side (I HOPE).

Hille was poor in the first half, but scored an impresive 50 points in the 2nd half, and this was against the big man, Sandilands! I think his 2nd half performance is enough reasoning for him to stay in the side.

got 3 real problems so far which i think have to cut out are tippet, jolly (dont ask) and adcock.

I am definately going to cut out jolly but deciding to either do a sideways or go down and go with nic nat or seaby.

If i go for nic nat or seaby it then give me the option then upgrading tippet to a premium forward.

Also very happy with the strength of my bench with all but one playing and getting solid scores.

Most likely no trades for me this week.

I do have a few players that i am questioning, such as Hall, Pav and Hille.

But i think each one has enough promise to stay in the side.

Hall managed to score 52 points with just 1 goal. That to me says if he can manage 3 goals a game (which is very realistic), he could average close to 80, which is good enough at his value.

Pav has been pretty average, but history has shown he is a proven scorer and should come good in a improving and better freo side (I HOPE).

Hille was poor in the first half, but scored an impresive 50 points in the 2nd half, and this was against the big man, Sandilands! I think his 2nd half performance is enough reasoning for him to stay in the side.

Did you even watch the freo vs essendon game?

Pav was actually very good on the weekend and his DT score didnt show how good he was in that match. He couldve/shouldve kicked 4 or 5 goals quite comfortable if he didnt pass them off 30m out all the time. This wouldve given him a 100+ score. His fitness was also easily identified to be down. I think he can only get better and why would you even consider getting rid of a premium. The role he is playing is going to suit DT perfectly its a perfect mix between being a power forward and a midfielder.

Hille's last half should make you keep him and hes going to make you money if he scores above 60 next week. Hes hardly been bad and up against geelongs and freos rucks who i would say are close to the best he was always going to start a little slow. His second half was great and he has shown glimpses of how good he it. To me i would be happy if i had Hille in my side with the way he looked in the last half. He has lot of promise to reach an 80 avg and be a keeper.

Im keeping Hall because he plays the hawks. He dominated the hawks in NAB and the hawk defenders are struggling with tall forwards. He might struggle against the lions a little. But than he plays the crows who are out of form and leaking big scores. He than plays the saints, another side he destroyed in the NAB. Should be way to strong for Dawson. Than of coruse Melbourne. So i think his next 5 weeks could be quite strong from recent history.

No point in trading this early it will come back to bite you and alot of the people who use 2 trades will find themselves falling behind later on and running out of trades.

Is it worth trading one of Medhurst or Ziebell for Ballantyne?
I'm leaning towards no.

I'm seriously considering it as Medhurst just seems like he is going to be a stay at home forward this year and downgrading to Ballantyne or in my case Dangerfield will net you 50k as well as the money from the players price increase later for an easy upgrade to a premium.

would this be worth it??

Martin -> Howlett

Tippett -> O'Keefe

I like Martin, but at the moment I have him riding the pine, and howlett seems just as good value DT wise. Id be happy enough with a howlett-shuey bench in the mids.

If i pick up O'keefe, my forwards would have roo, browny and okeefe, which would be great!!!

Worth burning the trades??

Should I be trading Tippett or should I persist with him, same with Ziebell to be quite honest, happy with the rest of my team, despite the fact I have both Gray and LeCras

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodwin -> Scotland?

Goodwin has been stinking it up and looks to miss 1-2 weeks. Thoughts?

Im surprised so many Carlton supporters seemed to have missed him.

All the signs pre-season pointed towards him recapturing his previous form, and I was glad he turned out to be a unique pick with all the attention on Carrazzo. (Not going to make any strong claims yet though, still a long way to go)

I did read on our board though that he may miss 1 or 2 so I'd wait until the team lists (Even then though its no guarantee with Ratts)

I'm sure someone with a source will post later in the week if it turns out to be true, but at this stage no indication other than a random post, which may have been generated from the reports flying around before the game last week.

Did you even watch the freo vs essendon game?
quote]

I was at the game (I know, why would an opposition supporter go to an Essendon v Freo Game - I was there with work in corp. box). Pav's lack of fitness was quite noticeable and I didn't think he an impact on the game. However, this is also a reason to keep him. Once fit, he'll score much higher and play in mid.

On a side note, if Sandilands and Barlow don't get the 3/2 from this game it's a disgrace. Both were purely dominant and Bombers had no answers for them. Ballantyne was good also.

I'm seriously considering it as Medhurst just seems like he is going to be a stay at home forward this year and downgrading to Ballantyne or in my case Dangerfield will net you 50k as well as the money from the players price increase later for an easy upgrade to a premium.

So your saying Medhurst -> Premium is worth two trades?

I am not liking Luke Ball’s scores at all at the moment and don’t think he will be good enough to be the 6th midfielder. I only see him averaging 75-85 this year.

So now I am trying to figure out who to trade him for.

Ball -> McKenzie (202K and can see him reaching 350K. If I bring him in, I will have 170K in the bank)

Or

Ball -> Howlett (77k who’s job security is looking good. Can see him peaking at 300K. If I do this trade I will have 300K in the bank.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

My only major dilemma is what to do with Sam Wright. I don't have enough money to do a straight swap from him to Ballantyne or Dangerfield so with that in mind I'm going to have to swap around another player. At this stage I'm leaning towards trading Trengove down to Shuey as Trengove hasn't set the world on fire and Shuey seems to be doing well, which would then give me enough money to trade Wright for one of the <250K types. It does seem to be a very sideways trade but Wright is costing me a large amount of points at this early stage and isn't even scoring highly enough to reach his BE and become the cash cow he was intended to be. Plus he may not last the cut this week as his last 2 matches have yielded a combined 20 odd possessions. What makes me even angrier is that I'm only $200 off a straight swap to Yarran. Ohwell

My only major dilemma is what to do with Sam Wright. I don't have enough money to do a straight swap from him to Ballantyne or Dangerfield so with that in mind I'm going to have to swap around another player. At this stage I'm leaning towards trading Trengove down to Shuey as Trengove hasn't set the world on fire and Shuey seems to be doing well, which would then give me enough money to trade Wright for one of the <250K types. It does seem to be a very sideways trade but Wright is costing me a large amount of points at this early stage and isn't even scoring highly enough to reach his BE and become the cash cow he was intended to be. Plus he may not last the cut this week as his last 2 matches have yielded a combined 20 odd possessions. What makes me even angrier is that I'm only $200 off a straight swap to Yarran. Ohwell

So 2 sideway trades for the main goal of getting rid of Wright, horrible trades mate. Trengove is doing fine so don't touch him. If you want to trade wright but can't afford anyone then look at a downgrade. Plenty of forward rookies around who are scoring just as well if not better than Wright, the cash will also come in handy.

Mackay is not performing to what I wanted and Gray is injured those are the two issues in my team. Is this an approprate way to fix it:

Mackay ---> McKenzie 136k in the bank
and then
Gray ---> J Brown 41k in the bank

Should I go for it?

I am not liking Luke Ball’s scores at all at the moment and don’t think he will be good enough to be the 6th midfielder. I only see him averaging 75-85 this year.

So now I am trying to figure out who to trade him for.

Ball -> McKenzie (202K and can see him reaching 350K. If I bring him in, I will have 170K in the bank)

Or

Ball -> Howlett (77k who’s job security is looking good. Can see him peaking at 300K. If I do this trade I will have 300K in the bank.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

i'd persist with Luke Ball for longer. i can see him doing well against St Kilda.

but if i had to choose it'd be the Howlett trade. McKenzie won't keep it up.

Mackay is not performing to what I wanted and Gray is injured those are the two issues in my team. Is this an approprate way to fix it:

Mackay ---> McKenzie 136k in the bank
and then
Gray ---> J Brown 41k in the bank

Should I go for it?

Mackay -> Shuey, Banner, or Bastinac is a better move imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back