Round 2 Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

have you thought about a downgrade swan4brownlow?

what are you gaining out of those two trades? I would be inclined to say jack shit lol

So 2 sideway trades for the main goal of getting rid of Wright, horrible trades mate. Trengove is doing fine so don't touch him. If you want to trade wright but can't afford anyone then look at a downgrade. Plenty of forward rookies around who are scoring just as well if not better than Wright, the cash will also come in handy.

Good points guys. Another idea which crossed my mind was to keep Wright on the bench and play either Gumbleton or Pods (if he gets a game this week) but that won't really help me either because it won't change the fact that Wright is doing horribly and won't make me any dough. So it probably is best that if I'm going to get rid of Wright, I may as well bank any leftover cash i get from the trade and downgrade him to a rookie like Hitchcock. The other idea which fleetingly crossed my mind (which could be utter madness) is to swap Wright for Setanta. He has been very promising in his first 2 games and has racked up quite handy scores, if he could continue that form he'd be perfect as a cashcow and also unique. But I already have 4 other Blues in my side (Gibbs, Scotland, Kruezer, Betts) and a 5th could prove disastrous if the Blues get destroyed and don't get much of the ball. PLus I don't want to put myself in exactly the same situation I'm in now in another 3 weeks time. So a downgrade to a rookie could be the best alternative...

Did you even watch the freo vs essendon game?

Pav was actually very good on the weekend and his DT score didnt show how good he was in that match. He couldve/shouldve kicked 4 or 5 goals quite comfortable if he didnt pass them off 30m out all the time. This wouldve given him a 100+ score. His fitness was also easily identified to be down. I think he can only get better and why would you even consider getting rid of a premium. The role he is playing is going to suit DT perfectly its a perfect mix between being a power forward and a midfielder.

Hille's last half should make you keep him and hes going to make you money if he scores above 60 next week. Hes hardly been bad and up against geelongs and freos rucks who i would say are close to the best he was always going to start a little slow. His second half was great and he has shown glimpses of how good he it. To me i would be happy if i had Hille in my side with the way he looked in the last half. He has lot of promise to reach an 80 avg and be a keeper.

Im keeping Hall because he plays the hawks. He dominated the hawks in NAB and the hawk defenders are struggling with tall forwards. He might struggle against the lions a little. But than he plays the crows who are out of form and leaking big scores. He than plays the saints, another side he destroyed in the NAB. Should be way to strong for Dawson. Than of coruse Melbourne. So i think his next 5 weeks could be quite strong from recent history.

No point in trading this early it will come back to bite you and alot of the people who use 2 trades will find themselves falling behind later on and running out of trades.

Wow u actually have something constructive to say, instead of accusing me of being a "leecher".

Firstly when i said "Pav has been fairly average". That is purely in a DT sence, i didn't mean it in the way he played on the weekend. 92 and 76 isn't exactly great for a bloke valued at $407,000.

That is why i question him.

Plus i was only pointing out the players that i am questioning. Not the players i am trading.

At this stage i am 95% confident i will not be trading this week.

First time DT hoping to get some help! I know people are saying don't trade at all if you can help it but i think i should do the following, just wondering what you guys think.

Trade out Tippet for Seaby to get 100k in the bank this week. And baring injuries over the next week or two upgrade ball to say bernie vince in the following week?

I havent used any trades and have all players playing atm except for my 4th ruck and i have scored 2150+ both weeks so thought id get your advice, thanks.

I would like to get Mitch Duncan in my team and want to do Relton Roberts --> Duncan but don't even have enough cash for that!

God all this Tippett trading talk is all pretty stupid. He has had two bad games at the start of the season but he is guaranteed time in the ruck as well as being the main forward target for Adelaide. I wouldnt bother trading Tippett cause he will only get better, even though he may not get 100's every week, the main thing people should be thinking about (if they havent already got him) is getting Barlow. I havent got him and im seriously considering getting rid of Masten for him.

you must have Barlow.

Already have Shuey and Bastinac and I'm not so keen on Banner.

dont see any point in downgrading mackay to a rookie because u would just have to upgrade that rookie again.

maybe u could downgrade hunt to silvagni and use that 88k plus watever u have in the bank to upgrade mackay to a premium, depending on money A selwood,cooney, or if u have the extra money mitchell stanton

but if u dont think that maguire can average same as hunt (as 7th back) then dont do this trade

I know i'll cop some flak however I plan on burning 2 trades this week.

gia & hall out

brown & danger or balla in

brown looks like he'll be around 500k by rd8, too expensive for an easy upgrade.

I am finding it difficult to decide between danger & balla, danger playing deep in the forward line as opposed to balla getting marks, kicks & tackles on the flank. Their respective knee problems make them both risky. I'm leaning toward balla ATM will wait for friday teams... thoughts?

God all this Tippett trading talk is all pretty stupid. He has had two bad games at the start of the season but he is guaranteed time in the ruck as well as being the main forward target for Adelaide. I wouldnt bother trading Tippett cause he will only get better, even though he may not get 100's every week, the main thing people should be thinking about (if they havent already got him) is getting Barlow. I havent got him and im seriously considering getting rid of Masten for him.

You're the one who is pretty stupid. Anyone that didn't start Barlow is no longer relevant to this year's DT competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only have 4k!

I think I will just leave it. If I had the extra money I would do it, or I could go Hitchcock to Duncan...

Hitchcock has looked pretty crap so far.

For mine, Hitchcock will be the Brown from last year....he won't score massive but should play 22 games (due to filling a port specific need) and will cover your forward 0's when needed, be it only a 40 - 60 cover...still better than 0.

Geelong on the other hand, I think Duncan's top 22 spot is less certain...sure he played well on monday but Geelong have Stokes, Varcoe, Rooke and Djerk, Gamble all out of the side at the moment...someone has to make way....Podsiadly will no doubt get a go soon as well.

I would stick with Hitchcock and jsut let him soak up that 2nd bench position for you all year like mitch brown last year.

Yeah I will stick with him. Not much need to trade really. But I disagree that Hitchcock has better job security than Duncan.

I'm concerned about Podsiadly. Is he going to get a game soon? Is a trade to another cash cow (eg Gumbelton) worth it?

On top of that, I have Masten, Tippett, and Ball to fix. Geez I made some bad choices this year!

I'm concerned about Podsiadly. Is he going to get a game soon? Is a trade to another cash cow (eg Gumbelton) worth it?

On top of that, I have Masten, Tippett, and Ball to fix. Geez I made some bad choices this year!

Pods will most probably get a game this week with Mooney out suspended.

Hi guys, basically I'm playing for a league win and don't really care as much about overall rankings. Therefore do you believe it is more important or less important to keep trades?

I am asking this because it seems as though J. Brown is set for a very big year with the inclusion of Fevola to the Lions. I know it is early and the following players should find form but I have Gray, Giansiracusa and Pavlich that I would be willing to trade to get the big man in. I am aware that trades are important and have no worries in not trading at all.

What should I do? Trade or not?

Hi guys, basically I'm playing for a league win and don't really care as much about overall rankings. Therefore do you believe it is more important or less important to keep trades?

I am asking this because it seems as though J. Brown is set for a very big year with the inclusion of Fevola to the Lions. I know it is early and the following players should find form but I have Gray, Giansiracusa and Pavlich that I would be willing to trade to get the big man in. I am aware that trades are important and have no worries in not trading at all.

What should I do? Trade or not?

Don't trade. The people running around in circles proclaiming that he will cost 500k are completely ******ed. I can't even remember the last time a fwd was 500k?... Fwds (especially Brown/Roo/Pav/Franklin/etc.) are usually highly susceptible to ups and downs and you just pick them up when they're low. Gee, brown looks tasty now but he's having a high. Doesn't mean he won't sustain it for the whole season, but he won't be that much more expensive if you wait. You might save 30k now and waste some trades when your players are fine.

You're the one who is pretty stupid. Anyone that didn't start Barlow is no longer relevant to this year's DT competition.

So I, and many others may as well give up now?? Gee, should've thought about that earlier, I've wasted so much time working out when, who, how much etc with my team... FYI, there is an article in today's HS in Melb with comments from Sheedy saying he's working out how to get Barlow in his side. There are plenty that considered but overlooked Barlow and wish thewy hadn't, but they're not out of the game yet... last I checked, those that didn't start with Shaun Higgins last year still had opportunities to make up points somewhere

Option 1) Keep Luke Ball.

Option 2) Sideways trade him for Hodge or Brennan (yes i know he's out for round 3).

Thoughts?

I'd hold Ball. He'll get a 100 or so in the future and give you the option of picking up a fallen gun in the worst case scenario of him not becoming a keeper.

I'm scoring pretty high atm (overall ranking: 622) but made 2 trades anyway and now i'm thinking i pulled the trigger a little early.

These are the trades i made

J Hunt - A Silvagni

J Ziebell - J Brown

Atm i figured i'd make a little cash from silvagni and it frees up enough to upgrade ziebell to Brown but now i think i jumped the gun... Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back