Round 2 Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Each to their own :D

I've had a shocker of a start with all the early slow starters in my team :eek: and all the bolters were my upgrade targets.

hence any stupid moron who has leeched off these boards and is doing silly things helps me jump ahead of them later in the year.

To make this post relevent I'm going Wright ---> Balla this week

I have Wright and I would never ever consider a sideways trade. As a fellow member of Div 6 I urge you to not do that trade.

40 points against the Saints was good considering he gave away a free before he touched the footy. I'm happy with the kid.

Always remember late round doughnut coverage is more powerful than any other way to use trades. Be wise and save them.

ok guys so have worked out my possible trades for this week and was interested waht everyone thought....I didn't make a trade till round 6 last year so this burns me atm...

Current ruck division = clark + Hille

Option 1 Averages
Hille>Seaby 65 - 80 = 15
Clark>Sandi 75 - 100 = 25

total gain = 35. 35 x 20 rounds = 700 (which justifies 2 trades based on the 300 point rule)...i am also classifying seaby as a keeper here

Option 2 Averages
Goodwin > Broughton 80 - 90 = 10
Clark > Sandi 75 -100 = 25

total gain = 35. 35 x 20 rounds = 700 (which justifies 2 trades based on the 300 point rule)

the only difference is that in option 2 i will have to upgrade Hille to a keeper ruck which effectively is 1 more trade...whereas in option 1 I have Seaby as my ruck keeper along with Sandi...which is not a bad combo..

In option 2 i gain a better premium back...in broughton>goodwin...and with Goodwin out for the next two weeks possibly this option has more merrit as i will stuck with a reserve backs points for 2 rounds...

So with that in mind guys and girls...what should I do? :)

Loving it!!!

Trade away people!! :D

I don't really understand this attitude.

Sure, I can see that some people are just eager to use trades, and if you're sacrificing part of your strategy just to get on a player who isn't a consistent performer, I can see how it would be better to not trade.

But I can still see how trading can be important this week.

In my own situation, I've decided how i'm going to split my trades up - 12 for upgrades (so 6 extra keepers) and 8 for injury cover. Since the injury cover is only really for about 20 players (if a cash cow got injured that could just be considered as an upgrade trade), I feel that should be plenty. Dream Team is about risk, and I will risk that no more than 8 of 20 premiums will get injured for 3+ weeks thoughout the season.

So that leaves my 12 trades for upgrades.

I've already split my team up into premiums, keepers and cash cows, and only two of my cash cows are set to drop in price - Hall and Medhurst.

One of my upgrade targets is Jonathan Brown. So the trade I'm thinking of doing is:
Hall -> Peterson
Medhurst -> Brown

Using the FFgenie program, the Peterson/Brown combo is set to rise 90k in price this week, whilst Medhurst/Hall look set to drop 20k. This gap is likely to increase over the next few weeks. But forgetting that and looking at this week, that seems to be a 110k (90-(-20)) price change. Add to that the 65k left over, that is 175k.

Then if you look at ppg (and i'm going to be very conservative here)

Using a DP strategy i set up, i can exchange ROK (mid to fwd) with Duncan (fwd to mid) allowing Shuey to start on the field on the midfield.

Lets say Brown averages 100ppg across the season (currently averaging 140) and Shuey averages 65ppg (currently averaging 75).

Then lets say also that Hall and Medhurst average 70 each (currently averaging 64 and 53).

So ((100 + 65) - (70 + 70)) * 20 rounds remaining = 25ppg extra or 500 points overal as a minimum.

Obviously this will change as I plan to use Shuey as part of an upgrade later on in the year.

Waiting 1 week would mean that I could not afford this trade, as well as missing out on the 25ppg.

The one reason I can see myself coming unstuck with is that 2 weeks is not enough data to base a trade on. (Using examples of Travis Tuck and Beau Muston)

But J.Brown is a consistent premium who has scored highly in previous years. He was a target at the start of the year for me, he is know the highest scoring DT player this year and I can get him and his price rise by using two players I was only going to trade away anyway.

My average over the first two rounds is 1,970 (ranked 35,202 overall). Currently I'm still on 20 trades, have $72,600 in the bank, and have no injured players in my squad.

Despite all that, I'm strongly considering the following radical change this week:

Aaron Sandilands > Mark Seaby
Mitch Clark > Mark Jamar

It'll give me an extra $323,200 to work with. People may see it as unnecessary at best and totally insane at worst - trading the best ruckman in the game, and an underdone potential star (Clark has been sick the past couple of weeks), but if Seaby and Jamar can consistently average 75-80 points apiece for the remainder of the season (solid, if unspectacular), then the money I've saved (that can be used elsewhere) will be well worth it IMO. Todd Goldstein is also a consideration instead of Jamar as well (would free up a further $63,600).

Furthermore, I'm considering this trade the following week:

Luke Ball > Lewis Jetta

This will possibly give me another $214,369 (at projected inflation), for a potential total of $610,169 in the bank overall. I'll pretty much have a set midfield then (Jimmy Bartel, Dane Swan, Joel Selwood, Matthew Boyd, Scott Pendlebury, and the aformentioned Barlow), and will have plenty of cash to upgrade my forward and backlines in the future.

I'm a relatively experienced Dream Teamer (first played in 2004), but only really began playing seriously (really thinking about each move, using cash cows, etc.) last year. Should I just sit tight with what I have, and not be so eager to get ahead this early in the season, or would the risk be worth the reward with my proposed moves?

What do you guys think about this?

Mackay ---> Howlett with 28k
to get

then

Gray ---> Brown
to have 176k in the bank for injuries, upgrades etc.

Should I do it?

I also agree with Bones trade away. Use all your trades in the first 10 rounds.

Seaby wont avg anymore than 75

Peterson - could be alirght but i think hes not best 22
Duncan - definitly not best 22, however his performance on the weekend was good. Rooke, Varcoe ect to take his spot soon.

Why trade Tippet/Clark down to Seaby?

Wasn't the intial thought process behind recruiting a Tippet/Clark to be a keeper? SO they have started poorly and will drop in price but does it really matter how much they drop in price? They are good players and will be back scoring well in no time.

As for my team im considering one trade, Trengove ---> Silvagni. It provides me with a little bit of extra cash and better cover to a defence with Waters and McGuire starting and Nason on the bench. I think I got the Trengove selection wrong.

I think I will trade this week as even though my side has posted scores of 2116 and 2062, I have had some underperforming players. Sam Wright is the man who will be going this week for sure I think as I have watched the two games and he has had hardly any impact.

These are the two options I am considering this week.

Clark-> Seaby
Wright -> Byrnes
Keep Tippet + ~26k

OR

Tippet-> Byrnes
Wright -> Peterson/Duncan/Gumby
Keep Clark + ~60k

Im really unsure what to do as Clark should come good, although with the Leunberger factor, his scores will go down slightly. Tippet should improve as the Crows get players back and I can see him averaging close to 85 for the year.

Thoughts??

I have Wright and I would never ever consider a sideways trade. As a fellow member of Div 6 I urge you to not do that trade.

40 points against the Saints was good considering he gave away a free before he touched the footy. I'm happy with the kid.

Always remember late round doughnut coverage is more powerful than any other way to use trades. Be wise and save them.

Good ol' divi 6 :D

My mistake this year was attacking the forward cheapies and going for premiums down back while the way it has panned out clearly shows that the opposite would have me sitting pretty.

I have Tippet, Warren, Mayne, Wright

Mayne with an average of just under 70 can be excused but the rest are in poor sides and scoring poorly

Wright has shown me no signs of improving and with a break even of 60 odd his rise seems further away than first thought. Therefore im going with Ballantyne who has a low Breakeven. Not only do i see an average of 70-85 which has him sitting 30ppg ahead of Wright at the moment. So if im looking to Trade Balla in round 8-9 im looking at 180 points aswell as an increase in price...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My main issues are Goodwin and Cox. I also have Hall and Pav but i'm happy to wait it out on Hall and i see little value in trading Pav > Brown. I think i've seriously missread the Cox situation and will probably do Cox > Sandi.

I'm in 2 minds about Goodwin though I could pull the trigger on him now with the potential he might miss a few weeks and pick up someone else before the price variant, ie scotland or Broughton or wait it out and see what happens.

I know Rockliff will probably get a game this week but if he didn't i had thoughts of Rockliff > Peterson but not sure if the cash is worth the trade. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Keep Rockliff, he will also be a gun once in the side, no sideways trading if you have other cash cows to rely on.

I changed my mind on Goodwin, good for SC but not for DT, if you can trade him out not such a bad thing but each to their own.

Keep Lockyer, do not sideways trade, you never know what may happen, Brown might break a leg next week, you might need that trade later in the season.

I can understand getting rid of spuds, but not proven scorers who are long term keepers.

Went with Staker at the start of the year for uniqueness, but this seems to have backfired a little. His scores haven't been dreadful, but also doesn't look like he will make more than 50k, which isn't what I was looking for. So would it be a waste to sideways trade to Dangerfield, who should make closer to the 100k mark for the year, and thus make it easier to upgrade when need be?

Hence the question.... New to this caper and thought of making cash out of the trade ?
It may make you cash, but Hunt is still going to make a nice amount of money as a cash cow for you, therefore it is a wasted trade. His 66 on the weekend was perfectly acceptable as a 7th back, or whatever you have him as.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back