Round 2 Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

It may make you cash, but Hunt is still going to make a nice amount of money as a cash cow for you, therefore it is a wasted trade. His 66 on the weekend was perfectly acceptable as a 7th back, or whatever you have him as.

Yep...fair enough. He was actually on my bench....will sit on him and preserve the trade. Just read a little bit on here regarding downgrading for $$$.

I also agree with Bones trade away. Use all your trades in the first 10 rounds.

Seaby wont avg anymore than 75

Peterson - could be alirght but i think hes not best 22
Duncan - definitly not best 22, however his performance on the weekend was good. Rooke, Varcoe ect to take his spot soon.

One of the smarter things you have said on here.
I, like a lot of others have Clark/Harvey/Medhurst/Hall/Ball/ I even saw someone consider trading Mackie :rolleyes:
Rd 2 is not the time to panic, the only reason one should trade is rookie adjustments if you have screwed up too many initial selections eg Barlow OR LTI or susp....
Clark will come good, ffs he had the flu then had to backup 5 days later, how long does it take you to fully recover?
Harvey will come good, that's one thing you can be certain of.
Medhurst and Hall? Think back to why you put them in? Potential lower end keepers or easy up grades later in Volt etc. Same with Ball.
So bluddy what if Brown will get out of reach, he will come back down at some stage, besides there will be plenty of other options. Like bastardising everything to get in Ablett/Swan/Montagna/Bartel which are more important than Brown.

And just for the record, I blew out from 3500 to 19k this week but not panicking 1 bit as yet.

Oh and btw, we haven't had early major injuries to key players like last year YET, but it will come.

I, like a lot of others have Clark/Harvey/Medhurst/Hall/Ball/ I even saw someone consider trading Mackie :rolleyes:
Rd 2 is not the time to panic, the only reason one should trade is rookie adjustments if you have screwed up too many initial selections eg Barlow OR LTI or susp....
Clark will come good, ffs he had the flu then had to backup 5 days later, how long does it take you to fully recover?
Medhurst and Hall? Think back to why you put them in? Potential lower end keepers or easy up grades later in Volt etc. Same with Ball.
So bluddy what if Brown will get out of reach, he will come back down at some stage, besides there will be plenty of other options. Like bastardising everything to get in Ablett/Swan/Montagna/Bartel which are more important than Brown.

And just for the record, I blew out from 3500 to 19k this week but not panicking 1 bit as yet.

Oh and btw, we haven't had early major injuries to key players like last year YET, but it will come.

you are missing one thing about clark and that is the fact that his average is going to decrease by 15 no matter what...that means he will average 80...Clark average 25 hitouts last year but now shares that with Berg..

do you really want a 400k ruck averaging 80? i don't..

With Barlow, you essentially have one less trade to make as long as he continues his form (which there is no reason why he shouldnt).

If people have Sandilands then I would not be trading at all..if they don't and have Clark i would be doing what i can to get Sandi.

you are missing one thing about clark and that is the fact that his average is going to decrease by 15 no matter what...that means he will average 80...Clark average 25 hitouts last year but now shares that with Berg..

do you really want a 400k ruck averaging 80? i don't..

With Barlow, you essentially have one less trade to make as long as he continues his form (which there is no reason why he shouldnt).

If people have Sandilands then I would not be trading at all..if they don't and have Clark i would be doing what i can to get Sandi.

Average 80 you think?

i wonder what Clark averaged when he became no. 1 ruck at Brisbane, take 15 away from that....

Average 80 you think?

i wonder what Clark averaged when he became no. 1 ruck at Brisbane, take 15 away from that....

huh you make no sense mate...but you are a collingwood supporter.

Clark averaged 25 hitouts last year...BY HIMSELF!

with Berg in ...that is 25/2 = 12.5 - 13 rounded up...

that takes his 95 average to 82...which is not worthy of a 410k ruck!

got it?

Thoughts on going Ziebell to Peterson to upgrade in 3 or 4 weeks?

That round 2 score is gonna hamstring Ziebells value for a while. Might be a 300k turnaround if I dont get rid of him now.

got it?

So what you are saying is nobody relieved Clark in the ruck last year? You have just halved Clarks hitouts based on him rucking the WHOLE game when I believe Brennan relieved him.

As for your 'BY HIMSELF' statement, I assume you are talking about the time between round 9-22 where he avg a whopping 107.6. Why dont you subtract 13 from that?

So what you are saying is nobody relieved Clark in the ruck last year? You have just halved Clarks hitouts based on him rucking the WHOLE game when I believe Brennan relieved him.

As for your 'BY HIMSELF' statement, I assume you are talking about the time between round 9-22 where he avg a whopping 107.6. Why dont you subtract 13 from that?

clark jumped from 15 hitouts a game to 30 when he was by himself.

this year his HO's have been 15 and 17... which is appalling for a number 1 ruck..

Just saved this post to my screensaver, perspective people.

I think that has to do with his match fitness. Trade him at your own peril.

As I said if people don't have Sandilands but have clark instead then a trade to Sandilands makes sense, as there is not risk with sandilands...you know what you are going to get.

There is a lot of risk with Clark, there was a lot pre season too...the risk isn't paying off...when do you admit that you are wrong? i am at that stage now...I honestly can't see Clark averaging more than 85 max....with another ruckman in the side.

let's not forget that berg was a top 3 draft pick and will be given every opp by Voss to shine this year...he and clark will share duties...which ultimately has to affect Clark's average...

Is it really worth keeping Clark now, knowing the risk, over Sandilands with no risk?

Also, I think the only trade for Clark is a sideways to trade...after a lot of thought i would not downgrade him to seaby at all.. this shouldn't even be a consideration

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saved this post to my screensaver, perspective people.

IMO the only trade which has any merrit this week is clark to sandilands.

Seaby - 2 games?
Medhurst? who from collingwood played well on the weekend? swan got 88
Hall? he kicks one goal and scores 55?? what happens if he kicks 3 - 4? thats a score over 80..

People are expecting miracles from some guys who were never going to give you that..they are what they are...people overestimate keepers every year...

Hall and Medhurst were never going to be keepers..they will earn people cash ...trade them out when the time is right..

Clark on the other hand is worth 200k more than these two and is significantly underperforming.

got it?

Well Clark actually averaged 108 last year when in the ruck, so by your logic his average will only go down to 95.

Pretty floored logic though, I'v got to admit that Im really worried about Clark but don't really like any of the other options and still hoping he can turn it around... holding on for the moment.

Out: Medhurst, McEvoy
In: Sandilands, Peterson

Can just aford it. I don't like the fact that i am forced to give up on Medhurst but he's playing too deep forward and i need to get rid of McEvoy who has looked terrible. Not nearly athletic enugh to be forwrd with Kozi out of the side and may well be dropped when he returns. What is absolutely killing me is the fact that instead of Roo, ROK, JB, i have Davis, Goodes, Pavlich which has already cost me well over 250 points. Then i have Hargrave and Giansiracusa too! F*** m!

Well Clark actually averaged 108 last year when in the ruck, so by your logic his average will only go down to 95.

Pretty floored logic though, I'v got to admit that Im really worried about Clark but don't really like any of the other options and still hoping he can turn it around... holding on for the moment.

who is your second ruck?

what is everyones thoughts on jordie mckenzie? would he be worth picking up and what will he average throughout the year? also will he play 22 games?

Thoughts on going Ziebell to Peterson to upgrade in 3 or 4 weeks?

That round 2 score is gonna hamstring Ziebells value for a while. Might be a 300k turnaround if I dont get rid of him now.

That would be silly. Ziebell will play every game in midfield, showed in Rd1 that he has potential to pull some decent scores. His price wont increase as much as you would like because North hardly touched the ball against the Saints but chillax he will come good.

wouldnt mind some feedbac if possible..

Im strongly considering the following..

Chris Maybe (220k avg 68, been ok for price) -> rockliff (105k)

save 115k

then

Kurt Tippett (319k avg 50 been disappointing) -> ROK (425, avg 120 been great and price will increase)

I know theres room for improvement with Tippet and he will probably get up to aronud the 80 mark soon, but I would love ROK in my team, and this maybe the last week I can afford him.

making my forward line as follows...

Riewoldt, Brown, ROK, Waite, Danger, Ziebell, Gumby or rockliff as 7th fwd the other as emergency with relton roberts.

Is it worth it, or waste of 2 trades??

That would be silly. Ziebell will play every game in midfield, showed in Rd1 that he has potential to pull some decent scores. His price wont increase as much as you would like because North hardly touched the ball against the Saints but chillax he will come good.

46 points in the last quarter when the game was dead and buried against Port. Thats half his points for the game, in junk time.

Hes had 66% TOG each game. Not good enough.

Ziebell should be a cash-cow, but with the score he put up last weekend, he has ensured that he wont make any money for at least the next 2 weeks, and he is not doing his job.

I think trading to Peterson could be a great move, as long as Peterson continues to put up his 60-70 every week. Pocket 200k and use it elsewhere.

wouldnt mind some feedbac if possible..

Im strongly considering the following..

Chris Maybe (220k avg 68, been ok for price) -> rockliff (105k)

save 115k

then

Kurt Tippett (319k avg 50 been disappointing) -> ROK (425, avg 120 been great and price will increase)

I know theres room for improvement with Tippet and he will probably get up to aronud the 80 mark soon, but I would love ROK in my team, and this maybe the last week I can afford him.

making my forward line as follows...

Riewoldt, Brown, ROK, Waite, Danger, Ziebell, Gumby or rockliff as 7th fwd the other as emergency with relton roberts.

Is it worth it, or waste of 2 trades??

I agree getting rid of Tippet from the forwards is a great idea, but surely there is a better option than Rockliff a guy who is only playing his first game on the weekend ;)

Ok, I know everyone is saying don't trade, but I think I have at least one massive hole in my forwards, and I think 2 trades fixes it:

Clakre down to Seaby: Net gain is cash. I reckon Seaby and Clarke can average the same from here (I think Clarke will be effected by Luey, so I can't see him returning to his glory days - I think 80 will be about it for both of these guys);

Tippett to Brown: Tippett was never a keeper, and Brown was an upgrade target anyway. I think brown can average 40 more points than tippett for the rest of the season (especially if the Tippett rumours are true).

This would leave me 40 points up per round and with $100k in the bank for later upgrades. Also, if Seaby can become a keeper, these then effectively become upgrade trades (albeit early).

Other ruckman is Hille, who I will look to upgrade to cox/Sandi later in the season. Thoughts?

It goes well against my rules to trade out Clark for Sandi.

What I am leaning towards is holding Clark for a couple more rounds, maybe 4 or 5, hope he can average 90. If he isn't and doesn't look like doing so, I will straight swap out for Cox, who will probably be around the same price by such time. It is a sideways trade never-the less but it will give me some more time to look at him, and assess better.

I will probably only lose 100 points by waiting. But I think its a better option than burning a trade in round 2....

what is everyones thoughts on jordie mckenzie? would he be worth picking up and what will he average throughout the year? also will he play 22 games?

Even if he doesn't get a lot of the ball, McKenzie will always post reasonable DT numbers due to his tackling. I can see him staying in for all 22 games and averaging 70-80.
I have Liam Shiels, who will struggle to get back into the Hawks after his suspenison (Sewell, Young, Burgoyne will all be returning). So its Shiels to McKenzie for me this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 2 Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Back