Game Day Round 2 vs Collingwood @ vic park, sat 7th sept 1.05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

3 players down, Eardley with an ankle knock too? This is not what we need ever, but especially with the contest all but over.

Last quarter not much going on, just injuries

Haw 11.5 - 71
Coll 3.8 - 26
Yeah that was a real write off of a quarter to be honest. More concerned about the injuries. Doesn't look like a shoulder for Aine, but looks to be in quite a bit of pain.

The win! How good, Hawks! This was another step needed and we passed it with flying colours. LFG!

Hawks win 73 to 26

Sheriff might miss a few weeks with an ankle injury
McDonagh might be out for a few weeks with a hand injury

Everyone else seems OK.
Knee jerk thoughts for next week with those outs is that Aine out might keep Vukic in for at least another round. Or they could blood Butterworth.

Bates back for Sheriff seems pretty straightforward.

As Adelaide would have to beat Freo by around 70 to go above Hawthorn and I don't think Freo could maintain their percentage against Adelaide, I think Hawthorn are almost certainties to finish the round on top of the ladder. It took a goal from Sydney in the final 45 seconds of the St Kilda game lol.

Doesn't mean much at this point but it's very cool to see, even cooler is Hawthorn comfortably being the highest scoring team so far.

As Adelaide would have to beat Freo by around 70 to go above Hawthorn and I don't think Freo could maintain their percentage against Adelaide, I think Hawthorn are almost certainties to finish the round on top of the ladder. It took a goal from Sydney in the final 45 seconds of the St Kilda game lol.

Doesn't mean much at this point but it's very cool to see, even cooler is Hawthorn comfortably being the highest scoring team so far.
Yep, be circumspect about what it means for future, but at same time enjoy it now in the moment. We've a young list and don't know when we'll next be top of the league. Although by then windows might be opening...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 2 vs Collingwood @ vic park, sat 7th sept 1.05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back