Review Round 21, 2021 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Fremantle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win! Hopefully back on track with Gardiner and Adams hopefully returning over the next fortnight. Hope Robbo is okay.

Dominant performance. Easily one of our best wins for the year. Zorko played a huge captains game, another 10+ tackles leading from the front. I thought Rich had another underrated game generating drive from the back half as always whilst Clug, Lyons, McStay, Andrews, McInerney, Bailey and McCarthy were all back to something that resembled their better form.

Daniher and Charlie played unselfish, team orienated football tonight. Cameron laid plenty of tackles and ended up getting some reward on the scoreboard in the last. Very happy those two responded this week.

Ah Chee played close to his best game for the club tonight I reckon. Worked tirelessly all over the ground and was very good in the contest. Likewise Cockatoo works his ass off defensively! 7 tackles, a mountain of defensive pressure and hit the scoreboard with 2 clever goals. Nakia could become that finals X factor for us that we were hoping for by bringing him in to the senior's!

Let's hopefully get back to Queensland, play and win our final two matches at the Gabba with Gardiner and Adams returning and build some form and momentum heading into finals. We could even sneak into the top 4 if Port choke the next couple. GO LIONS!!!!!!!!

philreich can answer this.
A recently retired ex Swamprats captain and former admin, who at times during his reign was about as popular as a photo of Donald Trump in Hillary Clinton's bedroom :).

A recently retired ex Swamprats captain and former admin, who at times during his reign was about as popular as a photo of Donald Trump in Hillary Clinton's bedroom :).

dlanod how does it feel to be even more confused now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great performance and could have picked 10 in my top 5. Even then it would been unfair on another half dozen. Very even performance

Best thing for me is 9 of the top 11 tacklers being Lions.
Our tackling was brutal 👌

Thought Berry was a lot better, though he didn't get huge stats or anything, he was a tough presence in midfield and we've missed that. Overall though Zorko was amazing, 10 tackles, really impressive. McStay is stepping up in an impressive way, and our backline looked a lot better, funny how that happens when the midfielders up the ground put on great pressure. Best performance of the year? Has to be close.

Good performance.
A better forward line might have exploited our backs a bit more but the pressure up the ground allowed us to get away with it this week.

Like the way Cockatoo is building. Could be the X factor we need to pop up in a final. Forward line looking super potent.

No excuses to not bring that pressure or near enough to it from here on out.

Zorko led today.
Charlie seems happy played up the ground more.
Joe tackled.
Linc was good
Clugga and Lyons as well.
Big O played the best game for a while.. Maybe his leg is getting better. Darcy is quiet good.
Fullarton the interesting one.. Plays well in firsts then VFL
Cocky and Berry hitting form.
Dizzy back next week and Adams the week after.
What do you do with Matho. we win when he plays :) Although did not get a lot of it
10 mins of T Berry you can see the pressure he can bring
Prior did well
Ah Chee played great
Rich, Starc, Lester, Birchall and Andrews solid down back.
Kiddy played well down back according to the AFL he replaced Jackson Paine :)

1628418792261.png

Our tackling was brutal 👌

I loved the way we kept our focus and concentration with sticking the tackles AND legally.

We had some dodgy frees against us but I'm hard pressed to remember any of them being for "high" contact in tackles per se or them being expensive on the scoreboard

Probably were a couple but that's acceptable collateral damage when you lay 71 tackle in a match.

71 is an awful lot, almost one per minute of playing time and almost certainly more if you deduct the time where we had possession.

Incredible effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 21, 2021 - Fremantle vs. Brisbane Lions

Back