Game Day Round 21: Essendon v Western Bulldogs, Marvel Stadium, Saturday 10/8/19, 7.25PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please tell me what Baguley offers that he doesn’t.
I bet you he's a vastly better defender than McNeice and a superior ruckman to Clarke.
I think the problem with our club atm is that all of those players are spuds. Are we seriously that much of a rabble we're sitting here debating which of them get games? It doesn't matter. None of them are AFL standard.

These group of players are never going to achieve anything. They can only play well when the opposition lets them. Mentally weak bunch of pretenders.
We are a club that turns players mentally weak.

The young men come in full of such endeavour and willingness to football good, then we show them the Essington way and by 3rd year they have conformed to soft insipid front runners.

It really is quite an amazing case study.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one of the most disgraceful soft effort I can ever remember. Team of 2016 played with more heart.

We are a tall defender down. The fact Zerk hasn’t debuted is criminal and atleast with Francis out Hartley could have stayed in.

Team selection isn’t the only reason but it was very questionable.
I thought Hartleys first half was very good last week, He should be playing.

I suspect wrt Baguley, they'll have already made decisions about who is AFL standard in the forward line. Only guys available that aren't playing are Gown and Houlahan, and maybe Laverde (broken nose not withstanding).

In defence... I dunno. Like the choice for smalls is out of McNiece and Dea. Or you can go another tall?

Forwards available this week:
Gown 194cm
Houlahan 185cm

Rucks available:
nil

Mids available:
Ham 181cm
Long 185cm
Mynott 185cm

Defenders available:
Hartley 198cm
Zerk-Thatcher 195cm
Jok 193cm
Ridley 192cm
Dea 186cm

That's sort of my point. Play Ham and/or Mynott and push McGrath or (a not 100% fit) Heppell forward. See of there is any improvement at this level from Long (not likely). Play Hartley or Zerk and adjust somewhere else.
Don't just go "small for small" when there's more to the game than just height. See what some of the depth we hope we have can actually offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back