Round 21 North V *essendon preview thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well one of my favourite games of the year is here.

When the draw is released I look for this game 1st - the reason is that I hope we play them late in the season. And again we are blessed.

*essendon are the May premiers and fall in a heap towards the end of the year. They are trotting out the excuse of their drug investigation has than its toll. Well what about last year? History is repeating and this team is once again mentally shot to pieces.

We have not had a great year but gee it has helped watching this team implode. This thread is about Saturday’s game and not them being drug cheats - we have over 200 pages laughing at them - so I will keep this on the game.

What I enjoy most about the epic fall is how high they get their hopes up - "We are a Top 4 team" - threads like this on their board are GOLD!.

My favourite post from 2012:

For the first time, in a long time, we can actually say that we're a certainty for the finals series as early as half way into the season. You have to go back to Round 13, 2001 as reigning premiers to be as certain of such an outcome as we are now (11 wins). For once in a long time, we do not need to do what Richmond and Carlton supporters are doing right now - clinching on a chance to "just scrape in" or "not". For once, in a very long time, we may in fact deserve to be there.
Call Me Cake – June 2012

No team have missed finals in 50 years with an 8-1 start - to finish 11th is the greatest choke of all time. Good times.

Now to Saturday - Fletcher and Winderlich will miss. Fletcher gone back to sniping and has gone on 1 year too many - end of the day he is a liability and we would prefer him out there. I hope they bring the Giraffe on roller skates in - Daniher. He was WOG the last time he played in the ones.

Key Match Ups:

Cunner v Watson - would like to see them go head to head. Cunners is building into a brute of an on baller. Pace is similar and Cunners can hurt him the other way. Watson will get his 30 - limiting his efficiency while his man is doing damage will go a long way to a big Roo victory.

Stanton v Wells - I will let these 2 run - Stanton gets 30 Wells 20 we have a win. Stanton is a good old fashion ball butcher and mirrors his soft team. When things get hot - he disappears and paints fences and then gets booed. We saw the damage Wells can do yesterday. We win if these 2 have a shootout. Last year they used Heppell to tag him but that was embarrassing for Dyson. Would *hird be that dumb again? Maybe - see the *sympathy for *essendon thread. We know he is dumb.

Petrie V Carlisle - this 6 weeks ago would have been a big test for Drew - but Carlisle has gone from AA to a battling bush backman. Time for a bag Drew.

Hooker V Tarrant - Tarrant needs to lift and he has a chance here - Hooker is vulnerable down back. With us having 3 talls and no Fletcher he will be accountable and that is not what he likes. He has taken alot of intercept marks so if he leaves Taz he should be exposed.

Pears V Black - they are 1 key back down and Pears is a shadow of his 1st couple of years and is trade bait for a weak team needing back men. Trust me - if Pears goes to Black he will be slaughter when it hits the ground. I would isolate these 2. Big win.

Thomas V Hardingham - Hardingham may save getting the chop to play on Thomas - Hibberd is too small to go with LT. Time for Thomas to kick another bag - Hardingham is a Vfl footballer - that can jump.

Heppell V Jay Z - please Lord make this happen. Heppell is the softest player I have seen. Big chance he will melt down knowing he at any time could be gored by our raging bull. The danger is that he will run forward of the play while Jack gets his hands dirty - I would back our inside mids to win the ball so Heppell will be running into open space all by himself with the ball going the other way. Just the way he likes it. Bruise free and no goring.

Thompson V Gumby - lol - last year Scotty had Gumby subbed out of the game in the 3rd quarter. He may not last 15 mins this week. Hopeless player and we should thank them for not taking Hanson. Actually send Hanson to him and let him pull his pants down.

Goldy V Belly/Ryder - Bellchambers may not play he has been that bad. He is a flat track bully that beats up on the Melbourne’s and GWS but goes to water against good sides. Ryder by this time of the year has little interest in impacting any game he is in. He is a sook and when sooking is lazy. Goldy should dominate these 2.

Hine V Zaharakis - A player I would lock down on. Zaka is good when by himself and out in space. Close that down and he stops working for the easy kicks and becomes a nothing player.

Wright V Goddard - not sure BJ will turn up after being embarrassed by Wright last year. This is as close to a certainty match up as you will get. Wright will set himself again for this week.

Harvey V Hocking - they will tag Boomer this week. He got off the chain last year and kicked 3 goals in 2 minutes of football not only ripping their heart out of the game but their season. Hope Hibberd stands the mark all night.

Delaney V Hurley - if concrete hands plays I would send Delaney to him. I rate Hurley as the most overrated player in the AFL. When he is not running under the flight of the ball he is dropping sitters. He is worse than when McKernan was out of form and miss judging the flight of the ball. He may be ok in defence - he will then get lead to the ball and he can punch instead of attempt to mark it. Hope he comes back in.

Roos by 58 in a canter.

if you need a laugh check out our mate macca's post #32 on the *essendon vs nth preview thread on their board :p

Macca18 - any reason you have not put your tips in on the main baord? You usually do this on Sunday.

Must be tough to type "North Melbournre by ....."

Hope you have a great Birthday this Saturday - we will be thinking of you.

if you need a laugh check out our mate macca's post #32 on the *essendon vs nth preview thread on their board :p
Enjoyed that! Its my favorite game of the year. Gives every north melbourne supporter a chance to turn around and flip the bird to em as they trot out of docklands.

do we need to purchase seats for this game? Usually the ferrals home games are fully ticketed, is this the same case this week?

For some weird reason, *they book out most of level 1 from memory.
Just had a look - the wing on the eastern side of Level 1 has a few "single seats available" per section.
Alternatively there's the level 3 nosebleeds which has ample seating avail.

do we need to purchase seats for this game? Usually the ferrals home games are fully ticketed, is this the same case this week?
Last year rocked up about 15 minutes before the bounce and tickets were apparently 'sold out' so we were forced to buy standing room.
When the crowd figure came up as only 42,000 people i was fuming.. what a joke that isn't even 80% full the stadium holds 54,000.
I can't go this year but i don't know if i would even bother, they have lost the last 3 games by 160 points surely the scum supporters won't be out in numbers?

We should win this one. At Etihad against a down and out Essendon. But who gives a ****. I won't be celebrating their win after the shit they served up in Adelaide and continually serve up away from Etihad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fletcher got 2 - spewing he did not get 3 so he would not break Maddens record.

Ryder got a week if he pleads guilty.

And don't forget Black only gets a reprimand with an early guilty plea!

Shit,,,second week of finals in supercoach....Ryder out the bastard...Come on Majak Daw....

Got invited by my boss (Essendon) to this game in their members area. What are the chances of me leaving there alive? :)

Fletcher got 2 - spewing he did not get 3 so he would not break Maddens record.

how the hell does this serial offender not have a bad record and get the appropriate loadings and bonus points on his latest charge

"Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the West Coast Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), medium impact (two points) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Three offence, drawing 325 demerit points and a three-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 243.75 points and a two-match sanction."
"The 38-year-old's latest ban, if he accepts it, will push Fletcher's tally of games suspended to 20 and his total of times found guilty to 16 which is a league record.
The 378-game veteran previously shared the record with ex-St Kilda defender Steven Baker who has been found guilty 15 times."

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 21 North V *essendon preview thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back