Game Day Round 21 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:30pm Saturday 03/08 #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long will be important this week against Carlton IMO - wouldn’t be dropping him personally. We’ve seen the blueprint against Carlton is stopping Cripps and Walsh wheeling from stoppage, we’ll need Long’s size and tackling ability to quell them. Drew and Wines (10 and 12 tackles respectively) were so vital on Friday night against Carlton on limiting the chances they get to freely exit stoppages and get the ball moving dangerously.
Sorry- he's had a good batch of undeserved games and has shown nothing at all to warrant more games. He is so slow that on the few occasions he wins the pill he gets tackled, wrapped up and delivers a wild, hopeful handpass. He cannot get involved in handpassing chains because he fails to run into good position to receive the ball. Seeing him wandering about in our forward line is a depressing sight. A forward target? Seriously? He kicked a lovely goal and I'm glad he had that moment but if we are serious Ned goes back to the VFL.

He has been tagging players in the games he has played and we lost all of them up until now and were smashed at the centre clearances each time. I didn't see him quelling anybody. Players continued to waltz out of the middle unimpeded.

Sorry- he's had a good batch of undeserved games and has shown nothing at all to warrant more games. He is so slow that on the few occasions he wins the pill he gets tackled, wrapped up and delivers a wild, hopeful handpass. He cannot get involved in handpassing chains because he fails to run into good position to receive the ball. Seeing him wandering about in our forward line is a depressing sight. A forward target? Seriously? He kicked a lovely goal and I'm glad he had that moment but if we are serious Ned goes back to the VFL.

He has been tagging players in the games he has played and we lost all of them up until now and were smashed at the centre clearances each time. I didn't see him quelling anybody. Players continued to waltz out of the middle unimpeded.
He had 10 tackles today.

Thinking it may be better to finish 13th. Draft pick is gone so not for that reason. It’ll put us down into the bottom 6. The fixture next year should then be more favourable. At least that’s what the AFL have suggested.
Keep DeGoey & beau out. Play Ed and Finn….?

Thinking it may be better to finish 13th. Draft pick is gone so not for that reason. It’ll put us down into the bottom 6. The fixture next year should then be more favourable. At least that’s what the AFL have suggested.
Keep DeGoey & beau out. Play Ed and Finn….?

Not when the season is still alive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not when the season is still alive
I don’t think it is though.
We’d have to win out and we’re percentage and games behind both the hawks and bulldogs. They both have easier draws. Reckon the best we can finish now is 10th.
I understand it’s still mathematically possible, but highly unlikely.
Sportsbet has us at $21 to make finals.

Blues have tapered off significantly in the last month so we have a chance if we're good enough and, more importantly, want it enough.

Same goes for the Swans and Dees, the window is still open a crack and the topsy-turvy season we're having this year means anyone can beat anyone at the moment in the run home.

The three key games for us to deathride this week are Port - Swans, Giants - Hawks and Doggies - Melbourne, if we get two out of Port, Doggies and Hawks (preferably Port and Doggies) losing with a win for us against Carlton then the crack opens up just that little bit wider.

Dean looked really good in the VFL. We want him to be that intercept marking defender and l think he's getting to that player....

The thing with Dean is that he also looks ok when he's not just sliding into a hole picking off an easy intercept from a poorly directed F50 entry. He's got some work to do to improve his positioning and decision making off ball to get up to AFL standard as a defender, but he might end up being ok.

The thing with Dean is that he also looks ok when he's not just sliding into a hole picking off an easy intercept from a poorly directed F50 entry. He's got some work to do to improve his positioning and decision making off ball to get up to AFL standard as a defender, but he might end up being ok.
Dean’s been good and on course. He just needs games.

I honestly don’t understand the posters writing him off.

I would like nothing better than beating Cark-TON and having their stupid players line up to applaud Pendlebury's 400th.
And to watch their uncouth supporters suck it up and to continue to call radio stations crying with chants of "We deserve to be second on the ladder".

They managed 9 goals for the game with a full team. (oh Minus their make shift ruckman, 1 injury).

Last edited:

Not sure I agree on Long

I like what I’ve seen so far and he can only get better with more experience and support around him

He also needs to be given the right role which I don’t think we’ve been doing thus far

He’s a 194cm inside mid. Like…use him in that role.

He’s our potential wish.com version of Cripps.

Why not send him to lock down on Cripps next week? He’s certainly got the physical stature to go toe to toe with him

Doubt degoey is playing. Wouldn’t be surprised if hes put on ice for the remaining home and away games

Yeah Fly didn't sound to optimistic about him returning anytime soon. Fly mentioned how sore he was during last week, a journo then asked if it's season ending, and Fly didn't discount that possibility....😕

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back