Game Day Round 21 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:30pm Saturday 03/08 #SP400

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah wasn t criticising our players or doctors but just seems a lot of head knocks this year
Hard to say whether there are actually more head knocks..or we are just testing players more, and it's a hot topic & also being mentioned during every game when there is a head knock.

It's fairly obvious some clubs are still not even bothering to test &/or put players in concussion protocols, hence the fines handed out last week.

Only a few years ago, even last year, the commentators would have just said 'jeez that was a heavy collision', the player(s) may or may not have come off for a rest and that would be the end of it.

Hard to say whether there are actually more head knocks..or we are just testing players more, and it's a hot topic & also being mentioned during every game when there is a head knock.

It's fairly obvious some clubs are still not even bothering to test &/or put players in concussion protocols, hence the fines handed out last week.

Only a few years ago, even last year, the commentators would have just said 'jeez that was a heavy collision', the player(s) may or may not have come off for a rest and that would be the end of it.
The fines need to be larger.

I was wrong about Parker. But they went with an extra tall

38663a3a21d928666c5bf07046b3092e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan De Goey will return for the clash for his 169th career game, after missing last week’s game through a groin issue.

Beau McCreery has also been selected, returning to the side for his 74th career game and first since sustaining a calf injury in Round 16, while Billy Frampton returns after spending two games in the VFL.

Lachie Sullivan, Wil Parker and Harvey Harrison are the three omissions and will be the three emergences for Saturday’s clash.

The substitute will be named 60 minutes prior to the first bounce and will be selected from the extended bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel very sorry for Wil Parker. Harvey Harrison has had an ordinary run in recent times, and given the stakes are so high for this game it's not a real surprise to see him go out of the side, but it's still a bit disappointing given he is one of our more highly-rated younger players.

I feel very sorry for Wil Parker. Harvey Harrison has had an ordinary run in recent times, and given the stakes are so high for this game it's no surprise to see him go out of the side, but it's still a bit disappointing given he is one of our more highly-rated younger players.
Parker will be fine. The kid hasn't even had a preseason with us yet. He'd think himself lucky to even debut this year, let alone get a few games.

As for Harvey, it's not unusual for a lot of young players to drop off towards the end of the year.

Parker will be fine. The kid hasn't even had a preseason with us yet. He'd think himself lucky to even debut this year, let alone get a few games.

As for Harvey, it's not unusual for a lot of young players to drop off towards the end of the year.
I'm sure Parker is happy overall with what he's achieved this year, but he still probably would have thought he'd stay in the side for at least this week's big game. He does have plenty of time on his side, and will have a chance to be a regular next year.

Mostly happy with selection

Was always going to be interesting to see whether they actually selected De Goey or not

Would have been tough. Do they actually believe they can make finals? Then you risk further damage to his injury no? But I guess they feel even a 60-70% De Goey is enough to help get us over the line

But then if they realistically don’t think finals are on the menu then it makes more sense to let De Goey go all out and then put him on ice for the year

I feel very sorry for Wil Parker. Harvey Harrison has had an ordinary run in recent times, and given the stakes are so high for this game it's not a real surprise to see him go out of the side, but it's still a bit disappointing given he is one of our more highly-rated younger players.
HH is a 20 year old kid, so he's been playing like he's tired in recent weeks.
His time will come, as will Parker's.

Parker playing a single game this year was way way ahead of schedule.

I'm sure Parker is happy overall with what he's achieved this year, but he still probably would have thought he'd stay in the side for at least this week's big game. He does have plenty of time on his side, and will have a chance to be a regular next year.
Who would you have dropped to keep Parker in the side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back