Review Round 22, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Who were your five best players against Geelong?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve never heard the Gabba that loud, not even in the glory years. Wow just wow the place erupted when Linc took that mark.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It was awesome, 20 years there now and your right, the Brisbane Brisbe Brisbane chant in those last few minutes was deafening. To see players straining to hear each other, to see them running to each other the get instructions and to cupping their hands over mouths and ears to communicate was a blessing to hear. i though we probably had 90% of the crowd which is great for the club. Just a few years back we are sitting there, 11,000 people and most leaving at 3Qtr time. Its a great place to be with 33,000 Lions supporters.

Scott said Charlie didn't have much influence.

17 possessions and kicked 5 for a small forward.

What tossers the Scott brothers are
I loved watching them play for us, hard men, tough me, the night they attacked Reiwoldt was just brutality. But, But they both have let their commentary go to their heads now, the AFL shows treat them and theoretical and strategic gurus and have them on to comment on anything. In reality they now carry on likes point brats. The Geelong supporters don't like him and North Melbourne got rid of theirs. Its so great to have a humble guy like Fagan who is always polite with a team and supporters first approach.

Dodongo's lid is that far off it is nearly at the black hole scientists have been raving about lately. When it reaches it, it will make an explosion like never before
The black hole scientists have been raving about? BT's gob?

Fantastic win for the Club. The boys just hung in there and did't let the deficit get beyond reach. I attended the game and the crowd was awesome. I am sure it paid a part in the result especially the last 15 minutes.

So we have been in three 1 point games this year for 2 wins and 1 loss. Not sure the old ticker can handle another close one.

Also i don't think we have been beaten this year when players have had a milestone game.

Another losing streak/hoodoo put to rest. Richmond next week and another big test for the boys.

I usually wait till Monday to watch replay but not sure i can hold off that long

Still pinching myself. Started supporting the lions after Fev came on board and this is without a doubt the best game I've seen live. Absolute scenes.

Adams has arrived
Same here the belief and the energy of the crowd simply amazing.

Also if we hadve lost there is a lot of moments where there is room for improvement that we can review and adapt for pressure situations going forward. Little things but

[

We absolutely deserved to win.

Best game I've ever seen, easily three times as loud as I've ever heard there and for the full 4 qtrs the belief was there.

GO LIONS
Crowd atmosphere was out of this world, brng on the bandwagoners , they are incredible .
such a great sight to look at the stands and everywhere was chockers.
Almost fell of my seat when I stood on it to celebrate Lincs mark.

To think we have a final at home to come is something else,
What about when the boys sang the victory song and they showed it on the big screen , that was something I have never say the song with the crowd and the boys at the same time.
Pure beauty.
Great day.

Loudest Gabba roar I've heard in - what is it now? - 17 years of attending footy here that accompanied that Linc grab. Stirred my loins.
Stirred my lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

728903 For the Victorian members, Lions make it to Number 1, no mention in the local paper, they report on an NRL match in Canberra and the Cricket yet ABC online carry the story on its front page. One day AFL will be relevant again in Queensland. For those 33,000 odd supporters there today - we know how great we are. Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 9.02.45 pm.png

Really enjoyed that win. Had a couple of feral Geelong fans sitting behind us. She was swearing dropping fbombs and the C word and much more with my young kids in front and other children near by. When I told her to watch her language due to kids she informed me it's a licensed area and they should not be there! I said licensed to drink but not to be an anti social. She was better after that and dead quiet after the game :)

Some people. Only downer on a great day. Not sure why others let her go on with it for so long.

View attachment 728903 For the Victorian members, Lions make it to Number 1, no mention in the local paper, they report on an NRL match in Canberra and the Cricket yet ABC online carry the story on its front page. One day AFL will be relevant again in Queensland. For those 33,000 odd supporters there today - we know how great we are. View attachment 728903

**** old media.

It was pathetic. It was like Tiger from the mid to late 00s (deal with it Elixuh )where he would basically only attribute the loss to individual failings and totally ignore any opposition strengths. Did our own coach take anything away from Carlton after they won against us despite us controlling the game for a half and leading by 6 goals? Classless.

It’s a bit of a different game. Golf is a solitary game and for the guys like Tiger you need that belief, which comes off to us mere mortals like extreme arrogance.

Agree re Scott. Little salty sea dog he is.

Dangerfield is a fantastic player. Hopefully he's ok for next week as he spent a fair bit of the game rolling around in agony.

Great player, I now am of the opinion he hams up injury. Must just be a psychological tactic he finds helps him perform. Take a bit of pressure of himself or something.

It’s a bit of a different game. Golf is a solitary game and for the guys like Tiger you need that belief, which comes off to us mere mortals like extreme arrogance.

Agree re Scott. Little salty sea dog he is.

It's still arrogance. He may have been the best but even when he was beaten he would never acknowledge his opponent. Never. It was all about how he lost the game.

Dangerfield is a fantastic player. Hopefully he's ok for next week as he spent a fair bit of the game rolling around in agony.

It’s all part of the theatre of it, sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Back