Preview Round 22, 2023 : Hawks V Dogs, UTAS 1:10pm Sunday 13th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Bailey Dale would be a good choice. His kicking is elite and in Tassie conditions that would be a major problem. Bont isn’t a good tag he’s too big, treloar is the other option he is having a great year and hitting the scoreboard regularly.
Ins Amon Frost (want Jeka but we all know it will be frost)
Outs Mitchell mackenzie
Sub butler

Now is the time to have a look at some of the solid performers at Box Hill. This week I would be bringing in Long again and giving Serong his debut game. I don’t care who we rest. Just get them in Sammy!

Serong has already debuted hasn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes Bailey Dale would be a good choice. His kicking is elite and in Tassie conditions that would be a major problem. Bont isn’t a good tag he’s too big, treloar is the other option he is having a great year and hitting the scoreboard regularly.
Ins Amon Frost (want Jeka but we all know it will be frost)
Outs Mitchell mackenzie
Sub butler
you need another out if Butler is sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to go to boxhill? 🤪

I think we all know he isnt the future but while sam sees him as part of the now, we are just going to have to suck it up and enjoy the highs and lows of frostball. 😉
yeah if Frost gets picked can we not have another ****ing twenty pages of people moaning about his selection? nobody really wants him in the side, but the constant complaining is so grating. after last week surely we can sit back and say "yeah, maybe Sam knows a bit more about the side than we do?"

yeah if Frost gets picked can we not have another ******* twenty pages of people moaning about his selection? nobody really wants him in the side, but the constant complaining is so grating. after last week surely we can sit back and say "yeah, maybe Sam knows a bit more about the side than we do?"
Well said - reasoned and logical. I’m sure everyone will remember and observe tomorrow. Now when is Ben King a free agent again?😉

Biggest thing going against some of the Box Hill boys getting a call up this weekend is that they didn't play last week. The scratch match against Carlton on the weekend was to be played so that the bye didn't affect the teams preparation. Unfortunately the game was cancelled and Box Hill had a training session instead.

I've gone either way on this but now I want to see Finn tag the Bont to start with. Reckon we need to see where the limitations are on Finns tagging prowess. Yes Bont's bigger but i reckon it can work in the midfield, Finn would probably need a handover if Bont goes forward. Reckon its worth a look for a quarter at least.

I've gone either way on this but now I want to see Finn tag the Bont to start with. Reckon we need to see where the limitations are on Finns tagging prowess. Yes Bont's bigger but i reckon it can work in the midfield, Finn would probably need a handover if Bont goes forward. Reckon its worth a look for a quarter at least.
If it’s not broke don’t fix it. Nash did the job on Bont last time.

yeah if Frost gets picked can we not have another ******* twenty pages of people moaning about his selection? nobody really wants him in the side, but the constant complaining is so grating. after last week surely we can sit back and say "yeah, maybe Sam knows a bit more about the side than we do?"
I wish you well on your journey of enlightenment.

Finn didn't go into one centre bounce on the weekend even though Daicos was at 9 so we didn't mess up our CB structure.
If you are tagging Bont with Finn he will have to be also with him in the centre bounces as he is too damaging there which will mess up the structure that is working well

Finn can't tag the Bont or Libba. They do their best work around the contest and are bigger bodies, the Bont in particular is a unit. Finn doesn't start in the middle either, he would have to come off a flank to pick up either of them.

We'd be better off trying Nash on the Bont again and getting him to use his size to disrupt him and get in his way.

Finn can hopefully take Dale out of the game. He provides run and is a lethal penetrative kick.

Daniel doesn't provide the same level of run, and whilst he's a great kick he usually sticks to 30m darts. IMO Dale has more potential to take out a third or half of the field with a run and laser-like kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back