Game Day Round 22: Collingwood vs Geelong, Friday 11 August 7:50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I swear the Pies crowd gets more into it against us than any other team other than maybe Essendon or Carlton. Not sure why. It's like we're the Grand Final or something.

Honestly don’t know, couldn’t be consistently breaking their hearts at the pointy end of the year could it?

Take a look everyone, this is what the modern game is and will continue to be: key position players are a hindrance, and the only quality that matters is your ability to run and spread all day. F anything Collingwood got better when Moore went off.

Getting extra players around the contest who can then spread and create the loose match up is the whole game. We play with too many talls who are ineffective in the contest.

Our problem isn't the lack of one mid, it is our entire philosophy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I hold you to that his going to hang up his boots?

I doubt he plays a senior game for Geelong after the completion of the 2023 season

He may decide to find a third home but it would only be for a year or maybe two

This feels similar to the Chappy situation towards the end of his career - we know Geelong offered a 1-yr deal but he was wanting 2-yrs which is what Essendon gave him with a trigger clause for the second year. We saw Chappy slow down during that first year but he reached the trigger games, got his second season but he was a shadow of himself

Last year Tuohy was seemingly pushing for a 2-yr deal which we wouldn't offer and right now it's looking the right call

haha you've gotta laugh when De Koning and Stewart fly for the same mark and let the ball slide through to the forward who kicks the goal.

23GFinalists perhaps but the wobbles are still there waiting to bubble to the surface.
No, best team i'v e seen this year, even when depleted. They could afford those 2 recent losses. This sort of game is what they're into.

Umpires want the ratings to stay up longer and keep us in the game. I will take it

Only down by 3 goals By the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back