Preview Round 22 - Essendon v The Gold Coast - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 10/8/24 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care about the result last week. We always seem to perform adequately when the pressure is off and we are expected to lose. Next week, at home, after a stirring win (v Fremantle according to others) against a team who are horrific away. We simply must win. If we lose and become the Suns first victim away from home then we really do deserve to become the laughing stock of the AFL.

I dont care about the result last week. We always seem to perform adequately when the pressure is off and we are expected to lose. Next week, at home, after a stirring win (v Fremantle according to others) against a team who are horrific away. We simply must win. If we lose and become the Suns first victim away from home then we really do deserve to become the laughing stock of the AFL.
“Become”?

In Heppell
Out duursma

I would offer Dyson this game as a retirement game.
They cannot list him next year and he is not up to playing against the swans or lions.
Setterfield and Hobbs were best in the 2 s but there is no natural position for them.
I would drop cox because I cannot stand his lack of competitiveness and poor body language but you would be bringing Hayes who lacks body strength as well.
Laverde looks out of form ironically will hoare would be his best replacement from the weekend but of course not on our list.
I hope Dyson receives a farewell game this weekend, gets his flowers and then perhaps gives his jumper to Archie Roberts to wear 21 moving forward.

B McGrath McKay Hayes
HB Redman Cox Kelly
C Durham Parish Roberts
HF Merrett Caddy Martin
F A Davey Langford Stringer
R Draper Caldwell Shiel
INT Bryan Gresham Hobbs Jones
SUB Wanganeen

OUT Duursma Laverde Menzie
IN Hobbs Hayes Wanganeen
So keen to see this team run out. I actually don't care if we win or lose at this stage, but it's amazing how youth can reinvigorate. Wanganeen as sub for some run of half back half way through the third quarter would be great.

You just know Heppell will be selected though.

I agree with ant555; give him a lap of honour in a vehicle before the game.

In Heppell
Out duursma

I would offer Dyson this game as a retirement game.
They cannot list him next year and he is not up to playing against the swans or lions.
Setterfield and Hobbs were best in the 2 s but there is no natural position for them.
I would drop cox because I cannot stand his lack of competitiveness and poor body language but you would be bringing Hayes who lacks body strength as well.
Laverde looks out of form ironically will hoare would be his best replacement from the weekend but of course not on our list.
I hope Dyson receives a farewell game this weekend, gets his flowers and then perhaps gives his jumper to Archie Roberts to wear 21 moving forward.
doesn’t deserve the farewell game honestly. recent form has been torrid and he’s been a liability when playing g recently

Out: Laverde, Duursma
In: Weideman / Hayes, Hind

Cox was playing as a second defensive tall. Didn't work. He is effectively Duursma's replacement by reverting to wing.

Martin might continue playing more wing.

Gold Coast have a smaller forward line, so two genuine KPDs should be enough.

That means we need a pacier small Def to come in. Hind best available.

Torn on Weideman and Hayes. Think Weideman might be better but want to give Hayes that chance.

I would rather go in with an empty spot in Duursma's position than go in with Heppell.

If anyone were to come in for Duursma it should be the ones that performed well in the 2's/deserved it. Setters or Hobbs, or Hind who performed pretty good and can run.

As for the game, we have 2 days less of a rest than the Suns, but the Suns are travelling back2back and have been travelling a lot lately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setterfield and hind for duursma and menzies.

Don't see hayes coming in but could make a case for laverde/Cox but I'd hold off that to until next week.

We lose or win and other results don't go our way, which I suspect then heppel and hayes come in.

Dint think heppel gets a farewell unless he states he is not playing on. Likely next week but interesting as won't play vfl either.

If finals wasnt still on the line I'd bring in Hayes for that experience.. Only reason why Laverde isn't getting dropped this weekend nor Cox with Duursma injured

Personally I would play Hayes for Laverde. Do not think it will happen unless Laverde is managed due to being a bit sore.

With Duursma out then I am looking outside the box a little bit and maybe moving Durham to a wing and playing Setterfield or Hobbs as inside midfielders.

Bryan and Roberts have to play again for mine if the pull up okay .

Menzie out . Davey not sub . Not sure who we do play as sub.

Personally I did not think Perkins or Wright did enough against an average side on Saturday . Hind was decent but not as good as the previous week.

No Goldy please. Just play Bryan. No Heppell . He is done.

Tsatas could get a look in but he may struggle against the GC midfielders physically so is probably better playing VFL. His time will come.

Stay serious Brad.
Agree with this 100%. Would make Cox sub but can we cover both wings? Roberts/Martin/Durham/Jones

Not saying this is what I want, but what I believe Scott will select based on what he has done all year.

In: Heppell, Goldstein.
Out: Duursma, Bryan.

On a side note I thought some of Bryan’s tap work on the weekend was excellent, particularly in the first qtr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back