Preview Round 23, 2023: St.Kilda v Geelong - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 19th August, 7:25PM AEST *HIGGINS 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 37 77.1%
  • Cats

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll never do it but if I was on the coaching panel I would be putting all these in front of the players this week. Lean in to the nobody believes in us factor cause its very real.

Hardly any of these media pundits know anything about our team , the only time they even look at us is when they watch there team play us.
Apart from that they don't they don't know jack about who on the team or the fact we have been fielding one of the youngest teams in the competition.

If Owens or Nas were playing for the Pies , Blues , Bombers or Tigers --- the hype would be deafening and having Max King in there team would blow there minds.

The only way to change the opinion of these people is to start to flog there teams , which we have not been doing.
Time to put the Cats away with a big win.

Geelong have been surprisingly competitive for decades. They don't peak and trough like us. We go up for short periods and then fall on our arses hard. We are like a recovering alcoholic who gets clean and has a couple of solid years with a new girlfriend, job and haircut but we're always 2 seconds away from downing a bottle of Stone's Green Ginger and winding up unconscious in a West Footscray lock-up with unaccounted for contusions and a serious drug charge.

We were up for a good few years, but we failed to recruit anyone much after 2002 so we fell in a slump.

Hardly any of these media pundits know anything about our team , the only time they even look at us is when they watch there team play us.
Apart from that they don't they don't know jack about who on the team or the fact we have been fielding one of the youngest teams in the competition.

If Owens or Nas were playing for the Pies , Blues , Bombers or Tigers --- the hype would be deafening and having Max King in there team would blow there minds.

The only way to change the opinion of these people is to start to flog there teams , which we have not been doing.
Time to put the Cats away with a big win.
The complete lack of love for Nas is seriously strange. He’s not just a top player in his draft class, he’s been a top player in the competition!
Yet every week, I never hear a peep about him.

The complete lack of love for Nas is seriously strange. He’s not just a top player in his draft class, he’s been a top player in the competition!
Amazing how St Kilda players become invisible , however we start winning finals the recognition will come.

The potential we have in this team is huge - Nas has shown he is already a very good player and the impact Owens has is crazy plus Windhager will eventually become a powerhouse mid which we need badly , however we also have other kids who are still developing who could really have a future.
Keller for a kid who is around 2m tall can use the ball like a midfielder and Heath who is raw as will be a very tough ruckman who can actually use the football , Hotton has the skills but like most of the kids they just need a couple preseasons to find there feet.
Adding these guys into the mix with King I'm sure everything will come together.

View attachment 1776164
View attachment 1776165

Hodgey been on the turps.

We're 6th, on 48 points, the second Bulldogs is Essendon, also, we're literally the only mob on 48 as Swans have 46 and the rest of the named are then on 44 an entire game behind with 2 to play.

This is the reason why anything that follows in prediction is utter tripe regardless of what actually happens, get your facts right and probably a CTE check as damn. I wouldn't be putting Hodgeys article there unless you want people to laugh at the absurdity how he speaks straight from his arse.
Not a fan of Hodge but you’ve completely missed the mark here. Read it again.

It’s a prediction article and the bits you’ve quoted are predictions after round 24. Quite obviously.

Can’t believe I’m defending Luke ‘drink and drive’ Hodge.

He's a half back with pretty good distribution, but most of his possies are uncontested spread passes from other backmen, (plus he takes a lot of kick ins - don't know if they are counted as possessions or not), as are a reasonable portion of his disposals, he's not really done much to set the AFL alight yet. His goals haven't been amazing goals either - off free kicks or passes that no-one got on the end of.

We rave about him because he's one of the few players we have who are above industry standard, but most clubs' supporters are used to this standard so for them it's unremarkable.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't de-value his worth to us; I certainly don't.

He's a half back with pretty good distribution, but most of his possies are uncontested spread passes from other backmen, (plus he takes a lot of kick ins - don't know if they are counted as possessions or not), as are a reasonable portion of his disposals, he's not really done much to set the AFL alight yet. His goals haven't been amazing goals either - off free kicks or passes that no-one got on the end of.

We rave about him because he's one of the few players we have who are above industry standard, but most clubs' supporters are used to this standard so for them it's unremarkable.

The media would be out with love lube, mexican blue pills, and a jar of chopped liver if he was playing for a bigger team. Nas is playing very well...finding space and using it very cleanly in the main.
He is very much a link and receive type player, but he's absolutely everywhere at the moment. I also think his contested game is a bit underrated myself, he doesn't seem to have much of an issue finding and getting his own ball when he needs to. He's also sticking a few good tackles per game.
If they don't see him now, then they bloody will next year.

The media would be out with love lube, mexican blue pills, and a jar of chopped liver if he was playing for a bigger team. Nas is playing very well...finding space and using it very cleanly in the main.
He is very much a link and receive type player, but he's absolutely everywhere at the moment. I also think his contested game is a bit underrated myself, he doesn't seem to have much of an issue finding and getting his own ball when he needs to. He's also sticking a few good tackles per game.

Carlton game, whoever was on him was keeping him in close check. He's getting noticed by those who matter, opposition coaches.

Carlton game, whoever was on him was keeping him in close check. He's getting noticed by those who matter, opposition coaches.
I re-watched the Hawthorn game there not long ago. He was being used for nearly every play going forward. It was almost too obvious, so not surprised with how things went with the Carlton match after half time (mind you, they manned all of us up one in one after half time which clearly worried us. Reckon Geelong will do the same to prevent our run...just hope we've got something in place for it)

I re-watched the Hawthorn game there not long ago. He was being used for nearly every play going forward. It was almost too obvious, so not surprised with how things went with the Carlton match after half time (mind you, they manned all of us up one in one after half time which clearly worried us. Reckon Geelong will do the same to prevent our run...just hope we've got something in place for it)
They can't cover all of Sinclair, Windy and Nas - let em try!

Wouldn't mind seeing J-Web a bit more with the ball either. He's no Sinc's or WangMil, but he's a reasonable distributor...certainly equal to Windy at the moment (whom I rate highly) he just hasn't been doing it too much this year. He evidently has the coaches trust to lock down, but since our backline is our best unit, why not use all of its weapons.

That may be true but that hasn’t stopped the media falling over themselves complimenting Daicos for the same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went to both the Hawthorn and the Richmond game and the thing I noticed the most is how far and how fast Brad Hill runs to create space and an outlet option.

We were up for a good few years, but we failed to recruit anyone much after 2002 so we fell in a slump.

That GT period going into Lyon was the only time in my life that we had been consistently competitive. 2004 to 2010 was a proper run but either side of that we were pretty shit.

They've started talking about him on SEN after last week. He's quite smooth moving and consistent so doesn't slap you in the face. He's like a player who's been there doing it for years. I think people forget he's young.

Amazing how St Kilda players become invisible , however we start winning finals the recognition will come.

King and Owens probably get overhyped. I think forwards and mids get all the love.

Carlton have Nick Newman who the fans get shitty about how no-one notices despite a brilliant season. Nic Martin from Essendon is the same, early in the year he was rated the number one wingman in the comp, had best recorded stats or something and no-one outside Essendon knew him apart from his lack of a chin.

For some reason some players don't jump out at you. I guess contested footy still looks the most competitive and exciting.

That may be true but that hasn’t stopped the media falling over themselves complimenting Daicos for the same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Daicos to be fair is a step up again. He's Collingwood's best player and probably wins the Brownlow without playing the last 5 games or something. He's already elite. Nas is pushing towards A grade on recent form.

I went to both the Hawthorn and the Richmond game and the thing I noticed the most is how far and how fast Brad Hill runs to create space and an outlet option.
Hill missed the Hawks game, but you're right. There's a reason both Ratts & Lyon have gone out of their way numerous times to stress Hill's workrate which I've taken onboard. Personally he frustrates me at times with his turnovers, but he's obviously doing things that I can't see when watching online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back