Preview Round 23 - Collingwood v Brisbane @ The MCG (Saturday 4:35pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not this again

I get that it's just the sub and not really something we use with much strategy, but really don't think the logic is wrong. I get that yes he can come on and run the tired guys off their feet, but part of what makes Sharp a good player is his ability late in quarters. Naturally that is VFL level, but the same attributes aren't lost at AFL level. I'd just like to see him play wing.

I get that it's just the sub and not really something we use with much strategy, but really don't think the logic is wrong. I get that yes he can come on and run the tired guys off their feet, but part of what makes Sharp a good player is his ability late in quarters. Naturally that is VFL level, but the same attributes aren't lost at AFL level. I'd just like to see him play wing.

Isn't it working backwards though? Because he's got the best endurance he shouldn't be the sub rather than he's just not good enough to be best 22?

He's still someone who can get busy around the ball and find some spark.

And he can use that endurance and run out the last quarter without any breaks and run the length of the field as required

Isn't it working backwards though? Because he's got the best endurance he shouldn't be the sub rather than he's just not good enough to be best 22?

He's still someone who can get busy around the ball and find some spark.

And he can use that endurance and run out the last quarter without any breaks and run the length of the field as required

In theory, yes. In practice? Based off what we've seen from Harry he takes time to work into games.

In theory, yes. In practice? Based off what we've seen from Harry he takes time to work into games.
Might that be because running power doesn’t help anyone until late in games when others just can’t go anymore.
So him coming on as sub should actually be an advantage to him.
The biggest issue I see is that we still don’t overly see the wingers role as a game breaking role and tend not to use them when sometimes we should.
His biggest advantage would be to get back and help out in defence late in games which is something that we as Nuffies may not notice as much as we should.

But you said it's just a part of his game. What's the other part?

It sounds like this has nothing to do with his endurance just that without it he's an average footballer which I don't think is the case anymore

If Sharp gets to start on the ground that's fine with me
Same applies if he is the sub.

He is obviously not considered best 22 yet, otherwise he would be playing regularly.
If he starts on the ground i hope he plays really well.
The more players playing well leading into finals the better.

So I guess Dev is done for us, don’t see him getting any more games this year and even less chance next.

I feel very sad about that, but I think you are right.
He was very close to cementing his place in the team at the end of last year.
But injury disrupted his preseason and he’s never got going this year.
It looks to me a lot like the Ben Keays situation.
I think he’ll blossom in a club where he can play AFL every week.
I just don’t think that club is Brisbane. 😢

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such an important game this one, absolute must win, can not see us(or any club) winning the flag from outside the top 4.

Nightmare scenario- We finish outside top 4 and come up against the Hawks in an EF.

Dream scenario- 3 current top 4 sides stumble and we grab a home QF against Port.

Tell you what OOL has changed a bit since I was here last. There's a pretty swanky looking new bar, which is all very well but it's right where the stall used to be where I'd get my chicken and cheese toastie!

Bad vibes about this trip already. This is BRAB's doing.
The new Schnitz isn't too bad either!

First world problem... Flight delayed out of OOL 😑

First world perk... Finally found the Schnitz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back