Game Day Round 24, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is today really August?

Or are Julying to me.
Happy Judy Reyes GIF by ClawsTNT

Will need to spend a few hours limbering up this afternoon before the game. Those Essendon uncles don’t fall down the gate 2 stairs by themselves.

Soldiers Falling GIF

Will need to spend a few hours limbering up this afternoon before the game. Those Essendon uncles don’t fall down the gate 2 stairs by themselves.

Soldiers Falling GIF

Meet you there at 7 sharp. Hope we can break our PB tonight!

First time this year I feel completely ambivalent about the game to the point of whatever; won’t change my disappointment about what a waste the season is likely to be all due to the past two games.

the drive down and back will be a choir.

God you're depressing.

The last H & A game is here, and a win is the only way to guarantee finishing 5th and a home elimination final.
Finishing fourth is only possible if we win and Cats are beaten at home by the Eagles.

Bombers have travelled 5 times this year with 2 in SA due to Gather Round.
Wins against Eagles (16th) & Crows (15th) and 3 losses to Swans, Power & Suns.
Last game of the year for them and we saw last night the Dees were just not that switched on.

We really should win this game by 30 plus points at a minimum.
Joes 200th, game sold out & finals on the line followed by a week off should be enough motivation.

I have not been to many games this year due to health issues but will be going tonight to cheer the boys on.

First time this year I feel completely ambivalent about the game to the point of whatever; won’t change my disappointment about what a waste the season is likely to be all due to the past two games.

the drive down and back will be a choir.

Is there really nothing else in your life to distract you from footy?

Comparing our opening round team to round 24 team there have been 6 changes.
Players we may get back for the first finals game are Starcevich & Payne.

Out: Starcevich In: Answerth (was emg OR)
Out: Payne In: Joyce
Out: Gardiner In: Morris
Out: Coleman In: McKenna
Out: McCarthy In: Ashcroft
Out: Lyons In: Sharp

1724464517799.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a sport as versatile as Aussie Rules is, you've got to take the highs with the lows.

Given how mentally fried our team was at the start of the year - GF scars, losing an irreplaceable GF BoG Lions player + 4 ACLs, the passing of Nicole Duncan, off-field drama/rumours/personal relationship issues, etc. - the fact we're playing finals at all is an achievement.

If I needed the Lions to go undefeated through the season and win the premiership every year to get any enjoyment out of footy, I think I would just spend my time doing something else.

If I needed the Lions to go undefeated through the season and win the premiership every year to get any enjoyment out of footy, I think I would just spend my time doing something else.
Drinking, probably.

God you're depressing.
Glad you’re hating on the Roar Deal and the title of this weeks episode; Dom seemed just as flat and many others are.

So in other words, don’t post on this forum how you feel about something unless you are only prepared to post what you want to hear.

Have heard quite a few on here and outside this forum that are equally ambivalent about the game.

Whilst not as depressed about our predicament as some others, I must admit it is a lot harder to get up for this game then what it would’ve been 2 weeks ago.

I think we’d be a bit naive to think the players don’t feel a bit this way too.

Will be interesting to see how we go tonight. Hopefully just win the game with a minimum of fuss, no more injuries, get to the break and reset. I don’t think we can win it from 5th, but hopefully we can do some damage on the way out in a couple of weeks.

Whilst not as depressed about our predicament as some others, I must admit it is a lot harder to get up for this game then what it would’ve been 2 weeks ago.

I think we’d be a bit naive to think the players don’t feel a bit this way too.

Will be interesting to see how we go tonight. Hopefully just win the game with a minimum of fuss, no more injuries, get to the break and reset. I don’t think we can win it from 5th, but hopefully we can do some damage on the way out in a couple of weeks.
Retribution starts tonight and it will take us all the way to the pennant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back