Game Day Round 24, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finals start tonight , switch on you lot , need to win to get back over the hawks

Glad you’re hating on the Roar Deal and the title of this weeks episode; Dom seemed just as flat and many others are.

So in other words, don’t post on this forum how you feel about something unless you are only prepared to post what you want to hear.

Have heard quite a few on here and outside this forum that are equally ambivalent about the game.

You've literally posted the same old negative dribble all year my friend. Just try and enjoy yourself - life is much more satisfying when you do so.

Imagine if Ross had us 22 & 0 going into September.

To be honest I think it's a worthwhile discussion, tho probably more a philosophical one than anything, ie what are your own personal values.

For what it's worth I believe it's just as important, if not more important, to play entertaining/attractive footy than it is to actually win.

Think about the reasons people decide to play and watch footy in the first place.

For similar reasons I'm thankful I have not been a Collingwood supporter during the McRae wins. I'm not sure I'd be able to stomach going to watch a team that has been (for the most part) crap and boring for 3 quarters a week and then cardiac corner for the other quarter.

Thankfully I also believe (and we've seen enough evidence over time) that these two objectives are not mutually exclusive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being serious now, I think we'll win comfortably tonight. Bombers don't strike me as the high intensity sort of side that can overpower us with sheer aggression and will. Could be wrong of course.

If we go fast, we should outrun them and our chip around game should also work well. Should win this matchup.

I reckon I'm going to have the strangest game day experience going round. We're travelling at the moment and wife is running the Reykjavik Marathon today, which starts in about 1.5 hours - 8.40am our time. I'm recovering from an Achilles tear so I'm going to walk the half-marathon in solidarity which should take about 4 hours. The game will be perfectly placed in the middle of that so I'll be listening to the Lions on the AFL app this morning while doing a bit of a power walk in Iceland's capital!

Wishing the best to Joe on 200 - he's quickly become one of my favourite lions ever, such a great character and love his commitment to work-life balance! We could all learn a bit from him I think.

A win locks in 5th and a loss looks like 7th or 8th if my calculations are correct so I would definitely prefer to win and think that we have something to play for!

Hopefully close enough to give us a decent game (as opposed to a training run) but no encouragements to heart murmurs etc and definitely no injuries...

GO LIONS!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back