Preview Round 24 v Gold Coast MCG Saturday August 24th 3.20pm - The Last Dance?

Should We Play Potential Departing Players This Week

• Yes

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the club knows that Baker Bolton Graham & Daniel are leaving at seasons end, should we protect ourselves in terms of trade returns by not selecting any of them to play this week?

The last thing we'd need is for any of them to suffer a long term injury that then impacts their trade value. So in that regard I'd have no issue with Yze and the match committee electing not to play them in the best interests of the clubs future.

But I'm wondering what others are thinking about this.

Poll added.
Wow, I didn’t think of this.

Will say ‘yes’ just because many of them are still best 22. Also, not playing them will impact our VFL side, who are currently playing off in the wildcard round for a spot in the finals.

But an excellent question

I'd be hesitant to play the players that want away because of the risk of injury, don't have any concerns about their commitment or endeavour

I wonder how many times he’s lost it at Gold Coast. Surely his fuse cannot handle how mentally weak Gold Coast are right now
It will go into meltdown if they can't beat us, lol.

Going to only my second game of the year (other Dusty 300)

Life been shit family wise and living 2hrs out of town, it's been hard.

But happy to front up to say goodbye

Not sure what all the fuss is on booing. it's just a way of expressing disappointment towards a player or coach who left the club! Surely they got all the clapping and cheering from the same fans when they were at the club during dark times and when lifting trophies.
Good goes with the bad and thankfully the players are well aware of it.

Go tiges
So which players are confirmed as having left the club again exactly ?

If you boo any player this weekend you could be booing a player who is still in the yellow and black next year. What a brilliant idea.

Will go into this game hoping we actually put some footy together and win - it'll be a narrow win of course so no danger of Norf tanking successfully. At least we'll be spared the ignominy of being the only team the gold campaigners beat away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear that brother. I sincerely hope everything's on the improve for you and your family.

If you feel like it, send through a PM if you like.

Have a couple for me on Saturday Elty.

This is the track I'll be playing thinking of Dusty and Dylan...

How Richmond like would it be if we roll the Gold Coast this week with North getting smashed by the Hawks netting us pick 2 instead of 1

Good Effort well done. More the better

Don't worry the thought of it has left me sleepless so far this week.
Wouldn’t be as terrible as north ****ing up and not getting Ried who was the absolute standout

Bit of a different draft this year with a few decent kids putting hands up to be number 1

Good confidence boost for the kids if we go out with a win as well to build into next year

Plus it would be nice to whipe the smirk off our ex coaches face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back