Round 24 Vs Fremantle - Selector's Table

Remove this Banner Ad

Mattie Lyons

Senior List
Aug 3, 2007
London
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Minimal changes for the last round. I would like to see Hahn and Hudson do a lap of the ground, but not selected. We need to give as much time to our youth as possible.

Out: Cordy (Hand) Barlow, Addison
In: Minson, Wallis, Wood

Minimal changes for the last round. I would like to see Hahn and Hudson do a lap of the ground, but not selected. We need to give as much time to our youth as possible.

Out: Cordy (Hand) Barlow, Addison
In: Minson, Wallis, Wood

Don't forget Hudson in for his last game, and if Ward decides to be money hungry then he can say hello to Willi thirds as he wouldn't deserve to be on the same ground as players that gave there all to the club and are retiring:cool:

Don't forget Hudson in for his last game, and if Ward decides to be money hungry then he can say hello to Willi thirds as he wouldn't deserve to be on the same ground as players that gave there all to the club and are retiring:cool:
Actually, he wouldn't even be able to be named in either Willi side either.

Difficult to know exactly who to leave out or bring in since I think the VFL Qualifying Finals are on the same day as our game against Freo.
Depends on which players are eligible for VFL FInals and which ones Peter German may want to select.

If Cordy is out then his replacement might be Mulligan as we may need another tall defender. Cordy has been playing the tall defender role last 2 weeks, and relief ruck not other way round.

I reckon that Huddo gets a last game for sure. He's been a great player for us and is well liked at the club, within the group.

Wood should be back.

If Ward is going this week, then he shouldn't play.

I think the only certain out would be Addison. I hope they give Veszpremi a full game next week.

Williams has said that Hudson will play.

might be Mulligan as we may need If Cordy is out then his replacement another tall defender. Cordy has been playing the tall defender role last 2 weeks, and relief ruck not other way round.

I reckon that Huddo gets a last game for sure. He's been a great player for us and is well liked at the club, within the group.

Wood should be back.

If Ward is going this week, then he shouldn't play.

I think the only certain out would be Addison. I hope they give Veszpremi a full game next week.

Mulligan doesn't seem to be selected for Willi this weekend, is he injured?
Dont think he played last week either, would make it hard to select him.

Out: Cordy (inj), Schofield, Tutt
In: Hudson, Wallis, Gilbee

Whether or not Gilbee will retire I think he deserves a last game alongside Hudson and Hall. Plus it would great to see Wallis in to get some hopes up for the future.

Williamstown will be playing North Ballarat on Sunday September 4, the day after the Bulldogs vs Freo game.
Therefore the ins and outs for the Bulldogs next week and which Bulldogs listed players play for Williamstown will have to be carefully worked out.
Very difficult therefore to determine the ins and outs for next week.

Whether or not Gilbee will retire I think he deserves a last game alongside Hudson and Hall. Plus it would great to see Wallis in to get some hopes up for the future.

seriously!? played a great game IMO, doesnt deserve to be dropped at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Hudson, Wood
Out: Cordy (inj), Addison

Would also bring Wallis in for Ward if he gives us confirmation he's off to GWS.

Leaves us with a very short defense but I don't see the point in playing Mulligan and it could be good for the development of Jones / Grant to play some time down back. I'd like to see one of those two playing deep next to Barry for the whole game, just to watch what he does one last time.

With Roughead, Jones, Schofield, Tutt, and Liberatore getting games and with Howard, Wallis and Cordy to come into the side at some point our future doesn't look entirely gloomy.

I'd also guess with this lineup that Hill and Vez would each play half a game but I'd prefer to see both of them get a full run.

So you would drop Schofield and Tutt and keep Ward in?

Out : Ward, Cordy, Barlow, Addison

In : Wallis, Hudson, Gilbee, Wood

Tutt?
Please enlighten me as to why?

Sorry, was actually thinking of dropping one of either Tutt or Schofield. No doubt both played ok on the weekend but Schofield needs two more pre-seasons under his belt to get up to scratch physically. Could probably keep Tutt in for Addison.

with willy playing finals i think only Cordy and Addison out for Hudson and Wood would be best for everyone.

also Schofield had strapping on his calf today, and Cal Ward had his ancle strapped, dont know if there is much in it.

Sorry, was actually thinking of dropping one of either Tutt or Schofield. No doubt both played ok on the weekend but Schofield needs two more pre-seasons under his belt to get up to scratch physically.

:confused: Was one of our best players on the weekend. Looked very physically prepared and had the guts to go with it.

Just had a look at Freo's board, and they are down to like 24 players to choose from... If we dont win this, something is massively wrong.

I expect us to do it comfortably though, especially for Huddo and Baz's last games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 24 Vs Fremantle - Selector's Table

Remove this Banner Ad

Back