Game Day Round 24 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 23/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think one can be as "black and white" re sub usage as you suggest.
I think that yes, there will be occasions when the young player should not be the sub and plays the entire games.
There will also be times, in terms of both the young player's development, and the team's interests, that the young player should be the sub.

It would be wrong to impose an inflexiblity on this, in my view. A correct balance between the two is the essence.

As an example of where the balance was totally thrown out the window: subbing Joe Richards with 47 seconds to go was both absurd and humiliating, and should never have taken place.

This was not an example of balancing the inexperienced player's interests with those of the team. I even suspected that the coaches forgot Joe was the sub, and suddenly remembered with 47 seconds to go. :huh:

Richard’s 47 sub was clearly a mistake that the coaches would own. He was either forgotten about in the madness of the Sydney carnage or they were trying to get him on but couldn’t get the player off because play was away from the interchange which happens a lot.

We went from comfortably winning the game to being run over very quickly. I’m sure puzzle pieces were being thrown everywhere in the coaches box.

It wasn’t a deliberate action and the optics looked bad with the loss. Pretty much summed up our season of learning to be better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think so too. He could win Mark of the Year after jumping onto Mason Cox's shoulders

We dont need anymore Pies players competing against each other for mark of the year.

Howe can wait for 2025.:p

I hope Sidebottom can continue his negating role by playing on Langdon. I know Langdon isn't necessarily elite or always that damaging, but I do remember Sidebottom giving him an almighty lesson a couple of years ago.

No Oliver, no Petracca. Wonder if they'll still use ANB to tag Nick Daicos in his last game for the Dees?

If they do they're really relying on Viney and who? Trent Rivers?

If we lose this game - especially after having dominance over this side for a long time - I will spew up.

We have for our last game the Quadrella! Ladies and Gentlemen Razor Ray, Leigh Fisher, Simon Meredith and Brett Rosebury.
I may as well get a new tv now and have it delivered Saturday morning.
Excellent… I laughed like a drain when I read this, thank you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fisher is a cheat .. we’ve seen that
Roseburry .. has never paid a holding the ball to us since he started

Razor and Meredith are bearable
I seldom like to point fingers at umpires - but how Fisher is ever able to officiate St Kilda games is totally beyond me.

That round 2 game was nothing short of comical - 30 free's in a single game is beyond a joke, even in the modern AFL game. Would love to know if any other team has notched up 30 or more free's in a single game.

As a PSA I am fully aware Fisher did not adjudicate all 30 free's to St Kilda - but you can't convince me it's a good look for a game to be umpired by an ex-player of that team, and said team be rewarded a massive boost on calls than the opposition.

I’m not ready for the season to be over

Sad Homer Simpson GIF

I’m not ready for the season to be over

Sad Homer Simpson GIF
It's disappointing, but it might do us good in the long run. It's been a pretty relentless couple of years under Fly with two big finals appearances behind us.

A longer off-season break to physically and mentally recharge before we go all in for 2025 will be good for the playing group and coaches.

Let's hope it's not a frustrating night with no tall target other than the occasional time spent forward by Cox. I don't understand their reasoning for not bringing in someone who can compete in the air.

I'm tired of seeing the smallest forward line in the comp wearing our colours on too regular a basis. Please nab someone over 194cm who can take a grab and kick a snag during the off season.
Fly did say in presser they are targeting KFF but they are VERY hard to find and get

Excited for tonight to come.

I’m looking forward to Dean, Allen, Macrae and Richards playing their roles and being the best version of themselves. They earned their games in the VFL last week. Tonights their chance to shine.

One more time. Let’s go Pies!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn't even cross my mind until I just looked outside, albeit not in Melbourne, but is it going to be a wet weather game tonight? Might have give us more reason to rest McStay I guess.
The forecast is for rain - and on the radar it's coming. Just unsure yet how heavy it'll be or how long it'll last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back