Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but it’s not cool to judge umpires decisions and say they lost it for us…because apparently umpire decisions do not affect players mentality during the game and overall momentum
It’s just just so whiny. Up there with the worst human behavior - being a whiny sook and crying about how unfair life is, and everybody is against you.

70% of game day posters. FFS grow a pair.

Devastated that we lost this.
Should never have done so.
This happened last week against Carlscum as well, last qr fade out.
Not sure why...probably because the loss of our inside mids (Mitchell, JDG), have cumulatively created a slow burning exhaustion on other players forced to play unaccustomed additional midfield time.
Also, younger, inexperienced midfielders with less tank led to inability to run out the game.
However, the team showed that even w/o JDG, Checkers and Mitchell, our team stacks up with the best.
The young players like Ned Long and Jack Bytel showed tonight that they have a skill set and strength factor going forward, but need another preseason to build up the tank.
So, so sad we lost.
Such a courageous, massive effort to win this game.
It has been a totally f**ed season.
But this team never gave in.

Another game lost because they shut the game down too early.

100% on the coaches
We had to attack that last QTR. You could see it coming from a mile off when we didn't just like last week. If only we could have had a way to give us an injection of fresh legs in the last quarter....

It’s just just so whiny. Up there with the worst human behavior - being a whiny sook and crying about how unfair life is, and everybody is against you.

Fair enough. I know there were things in our control that could have got the job done, but geez, it just looks bad to watch when two deliberates get called in a row like that leading to an eventual easy goal…but that’s life, that shit happens. Just saying that swayed the result.

Rule of the week, umpiring is now a joke.
The AFL have a massive issue on their hands.
Yes, I'm genuinely concerned about the future of the game, it's becoming hard to watch, over umpired, high number of terrible decisions, lopsided calls that favor one team during the course of a game on too many occasions.

I am just so, so sad.
Devastated.
This is my last post on this thread.
Losing this game has totally smashed me.
Because we had the game won.
And because this team believed it could win, gave everything to do so, and should have done so.
Love this team.
Gave everything tonight.
Thanks Pies.
2024 was not our year, but our defence of the Premiership was full of pride.

The problem is the scumpires go out with a conscious bias

Yes there’s incompetence but when the incompetence runs one way all roads lead to a reasonable assumption that umpires try to manipulate the result

I am just so, so sad.
Devastated.
This is my last post on this thread.
Losing this game has totally smashed me.
Because we had the game won.
And because this team believed it could win, gave everything to do so, and should have done so.
Love this team.
Gave everything tonight.
Thanks Pies.
2024 was not our year, but our defence of the Premiership was full of pride.
Full of grit and guts
Weren’t helped by many factors throughout the year (esp draw, injuries and umpiring).
Regroup and go again I say.
We should be playing finals for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor ol Shultz just produced a high quality 4 qtr touch n faaark performance, fmd that was an absolute stink it up shocker, only matched by the Scumps worst on performance, borderline cheating 27 to 15 frees.
Shame to choke it up 27 points up with 10 mins to go & throw in Richard’s given 47 seconds as sub lol 😂 wtf is that about !!!! ah well 💩way to finish a injury crippled year , waho hum …… Thank god we won it last year 👍👍
Hopefully 2025 is better 😀

Momentum is everything in football, you don’t need the officials to give the opposition a kick start for them to start playing well
We went into our shell and our mids get obliterated for 10 minutes
Yep this was quite evident in one of the last centre bounces when Cox got a clear tap out to space and both Naicos and Pendles were no where near it even running in opposite direction like they were to focused on their direct opponents. I couldn’t believe it

No, worst human behaviour is being condescending. (not the Greek guy going down a ladder)

The young players like Ned Long and Jack Bytel showed tonight that they have a skill set and strength factor going forward, but need another preseason to build up the tank.
Bytel is 24 and has had several AFL preseasons since being drafted.

Long already runs a 6 minute 2km, but isn't athletically explosive.

Bytel I would be highly doubtful of getting a game in a finals quality team.

While Long was handy tonight, he has struggled on the MCG in a more transition based game.

I think their tanks are fine. Bytel already is up there with the best of the club. What they need is speed off the mark which will unlikely come from pre seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back