Game Day Round 24 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 23/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd personally be keeping Ned in this week - was a bit surprised to see him handed the sub's vest after his best outing for the club against the Swans the week before. Against a Melbourne midfield without Oliver and Trac, be good to give him a chance to show us what he can do - set him up head to head with Viney all day and go from there.

Still struggle to see what Lipinski brings to our side - while I can appreciate the link up running, and odd goal when i50 - I just don't feel like he impacts the game enough. Would love to see Ed given a run in his place this week - and long term Lippa is the sort of guy Ed should be eyeing of replacing in the side for 2025.

INS: Richards, Allan
OUTS: Bytel, Parker

Dean a chance surely... Would love to see him get a go. Move Howe forward and Dean in his spot?

Would also drop Lipinski but we know that's unlikely to happen. Make him sub.

Put Nick across half back, let him rack up 40 and kick a couple to get 3 votes.

Give McCreery and Quaynor some midfield minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

INS: Richards, Allan
OUTS: Bytel, Parker

Dean a chance surely... Would love to see him get a go. Move Howe forward and Dean in his spot?

Would also drop Lipinski but we know that's unlikely to happen. Make him sub.

Put Nick across half back, let him rack up 40 and kick a couple to get 3 votes.

Give McCreery and Quaynor some midfield minutes.
Melb dont have any big boy forwards, dean could come in for Billy fairly easily

A win here and our first rounder might balloon out to pick 10 or 11 (after bid matches) which might spare a few blushes on the future first trade given it was looking like pick 6 ish at one stage

Hoping the Cheer Squad give a mention to
I just think the guys who have played seniors & filled in during all our injuries this year deserve to play the last game of the year.
Also want to showcase a few of the players we are going to offer up to the Dees in exchange for Petracca.

As much as I want McRae to come up with a game plan to score 200 points as Jimmy Barrel has suggested, I'll be watching this game as a Collingwood supporter just hoping for a win, even if it's another 1 point win.

Would be good to cap off a somewhat frustrating year with one last win.

As much as I want McRae to come up with a game plan to score 200 points as Jimmy Barrel has suggested, I'll be watching this game as a Collingwood supporter just hoping for a win, even if it's another 1 point win.

We'll be lucky to win by 5 goals. Thats our version of a thumping lol

Agreed - in what has been one of the most bizarre and frustrating seasons I can recall, given how poorly we returned to start the season, our constant stream of injuries - coupled with one of the most topsy-turvy seasons of AFL in a long time, taking a deep breath and just enjoying Friday night and prepping for a finals return in 2025 is the way to go imo. At the end of the day we'll probably finish a touch of finals despite not being anywhere near our best throughout 2024, won a couple of brilliant games (Brisbane on the weekend and Baggers x2) and unearthed a few players who can potentially take the next step in 2025 (Parker, HH, Richards, Long, Dean).

For me - I'd also just like to see some "seedlings" of a few things for next year, whether that's one or two youngsters, a slightly different look playing style or position wise - just something to whet the appetite ahead of 2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back