Game Day Round 24 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 7:40pm Friday 23/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

C’mon Pendles, suck it up and stop being so damn soft. You’ll never reel-in Boomer Harvey’s record if you give yourself early marks. Rub on a bit of Voltarin and get back out there!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This.

Play him sub if need be. I wanna see that game tally keep going up before he runs out of time 🥲

Don't you want to win the last game of the year?

If I wanted to go watch a VFL match I'd go to VFL matches.

Those guys can earn their spot next year. We'll get slaughtered if we put that many young kids in all at once for this match.
5 out was our May and June standard.

Yes, I know he's been playing with broken ribs. Probably over it by now. If he feels fine to play & wants to, I think it's his choice.
I actually think that's good news, as I thought he was pretty average in 2 big games over the last fortnight - was thinking going on was a mistake.

of course you would like to win.
This isn’t a decision to tank…as our ladder position is irrelevant to our draft hand anyway

This is about finding out more about these guys.

Making them earn is what we have been doing since Fly got here.
We haven’t trusted them enough in games that matter, so why not trust them now in a game that holds no consequence and find out how they go at the level ?

The other problem we have is if we make next to no changes, just how hungry do you think some of these senior guys will be and how hard will they go knowing there’s nothing to play for essentially?
It’s not like the Lions game where it was a “live game” still per se.
You can't find anything out about anyone in one game.
Young players need a strong scaffolding of experience around them as they make their debut/first few games. Otherwise, you are simply setting all of them up for failure.

Whatever Pendles wants, is what needs to happen. He is such a master, he knows exactly whether he needs to rest or not.
If he does need a rest, Allan to have a crack in the midfield mix.
With McStay out, we need another tall to come in. Opens the door for Kreugs to play in the forward line.
Richards definitely to play in the 22 to add that extra small forward chaos that we will need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever Pendles wants, is what needs to happen. He is such a master, he knows exactly whether he needs to rest or not.
If he does need a rest, Allan to have a crack in the midfield mix.
With McStay out, we need another tall to come in. Opens the door for Kreugs to play in the forward line.
Richards definitely to play in the 22 to add that extra small forward chaos that we will need.
Allan will play
Reef will replace mcstay (do they play kreuger too? Not sure, we'll see)
Richards would be in the mix. Sub?
Looks like Parker will play, though i've been wrong about this before when he was in black lol
Dean will play, will replace Frampton

Allan will play
Looks like Parker will play, though i've been wrong about this before when he was in black lol
Oh my, can you imagine the melts if Richards is selected, only to be named sub.

Scream GIF by Originals

If this were in finals series I’d say ok I get it. He plays even if not fully fit.
It’s brave and all that …but when you look at the two games since the Carlton one…imagine what we could have done with another runner in the side fresh…especially the Sydney game.

I for one cannot believe we didn’t simply bring in a player as good as Pendles to replace him, thus ensuring that we would’ve beaten Sydney.

Allan will play
Macrae ?

Would be in the conversation too that fly talked about the young players performing well at vfl level. They wont be gifting games but those that have earned it.

I'd have him in there somewhere. Maybe for Long? He performed well last time we played melb.

Mid week tackle talked about how they want to see of Fin. Whether its this week or come 2025

Would be in the conversation too that fly talked about the young players performing well at vfl level. They wont be gifting games but those that have earned it.

I'd have him in there somewhere. Maybe for Long? He performed well last time we played melb.
Hes had 60 possessions combined in last two vfl games
Possies not everything but he’s getting a lot of footy in vfl

Hes had 60 possessions combined in last two vfl games
Possies not everything but he’s getting a lot of footy in vfl
Yeah he's had a good last month. He's not just getting touches, but clearances, and getting involved in score chains.
Last I heard fly talk about him was that they are pushing him to get better, so he can become a regular afl player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back