Round 3 Captain Selection....

Remove this Banner Ad

KouDogg

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hey guys its a little early in the week to talk about captaincy but i just thought it would be a good idea to discuss about who you are choosing for your captain this week and why.

For me it was between Cox, Cross and Swan.

Cox is vsing Sandilands this week. A ruckmen that is bigger than him and probably Cox's biggest threat (as far as DT points go). Plus his last year's scores against Freo arn't very good, so Cox captain this week doesn't look to great.

Cross is vsing the saints this week whose midfield are quite good. I dont know if he will dominate like he did last week, due to tougher opposition (no offence Melbourne supporters). But Cross is Mr.Consistancy so he can do anything.

Swan is up against Richmond so a big big number is just beconning. Last year he scored 141 and 62 against them. Now i am not sure what happened during his 62 game but hopefully he was injured or something:p. So for me Swan captain is looking like the likely choice.

What about you guys?

Steve Johnson I'm considering, as he'll get more supply than last week, will be ready to burst from a rather average performance last week and is proven to quickly rack up DT points...

Dean Cox I've had as captain the last two weeks, though he won't get as many hitouts as previous weeks as Sandilands is a monster...He should outrun Sandilands for most of the match, especially towards the latter stages of the match, so is worth considering...

Chad Cornes is always worth considering, the Power love the ball in his hands & is a proven DT performer, but the Crows are coming off a nice win against the Eagles so might get less of the ball if the Crows dominate...

Cornes in last five against Adelaide averages 112
Scotland in last six against Essendon averages 104

And anyone from Geelong.

Meanwhile Cox in last three against Fremantle averages 72 which is enough to warrant changing captain this week for me. Cox may be racking up points, but gotta play the percentages.

Steve Johnson I'm considering, as he'll get more supply than last week, will be ready to burst from a rather average performance last week and is proven to quickly rack up DT points...

Agreed Great Source!!
I had him captain this week and scored 1874..which i was shattered about, ranked 3,674 after captains of 51, 53, so i am looking for a start to my form (in terms of Captain choice) it get's me every year...he got tagged last week against bombers and played way to deep..he tends to play well at skilled and melbourne are woefull, do you think he can get back to the form he was in last year???

Cross, Priddis, Ling, Dal Santo, Or H.Shaw?

i duon't know who to choose this week.

I think priddis or ling are probably the best option

Agreed Great Source!!
I had him captain this week and scored 1874..which i was shattered about, ranked 3,674 after captains of 51, 53, so i am looking for a start to my form (in terms of Captain choice) it get's me every year...he got tagged last week against bombers and played way to deep..he tends to play well at skilled and melbourne are woefull, do you think he can get back to the form he was in last year???

He'll have a cracker I predict, hopefully he plays more HF than the FP..
If he's named in the FP, I think I'm going to go with The Chad instead though..!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed Great Source!!

i know i may be grasping at anything here in teh hope we might win one matchup on suunday, but i can see daniel bell playing on steve johnson and doing a reasonable job on him like he did on a couple of opponents last year...(and i know he is not a proven stopper so dont jump on me)

for the record i dont have stevie j but if i did i would not go him because of the inconsistent factor, i am looking at cross for the third straight week although reading chad's stats above he looks very enticing

I'm thinking cross... i was looking at Cox's previous games against freo and he hasnt scored a ton since 2005 against them and even then he just managed to squeeze past

Cross, Priddis, Ling, Dal Santo, Or H.Shaw?

i duon't know who to choose this week.

I think priddis or ling are probably the best option

woah, ling could be in for a massive one, should towel up out of form mclean and should dominate when mclean goes off, could be a nice unique captain choice

Cox is a bad choice against Sandilands unless he's going to get a lot of cheap possesions around the ground and/or goals he shouldn't even be considered. I think he'll probably score just under the ton this week.

The obvious answer is anyone playing for Geelong ;)

Yeh Chad looks good. But then again Swan looks even better.

Hrrm tough choice.

I may just go with my gut instinct and go with Swan this week. He always pulls huge numbers and against richmond i can see a big big score from him.

Edit- Would be good to get happy_eagle's stats on players averages :D.

corey or stanton for me

Corey: wont get a tag, and will probably bag a few goals. Scored 101 against them last year

Stanton: If watson gets the tag like he did last week will run free and get loads of cheap ball which is always nice

Both pretty safe bets IMO, considering they are playing bottom sides this week

Gamble against the Dees isn't a stupid choice...

Swan in in great form and is playing Richmond

Cox won't get as many hit outs and if he is totally dominating Sani around the ground there is always the option of Gilmore tagging him which could lower his stats.

What about the other big forwards? Pav, Brown? I suppose Pav will have Glass on him. Brown is against Sydney but at the Gabba.

im scared that Sandilands will stop the hitouts cox gets whilst Gimore may play onball and run with him around the ground. Wouldnt mind seeing Gilmore (run with cox) ,Pav (to push forward and take a Priddis or Steinglein with him) ,J.Carr (Kerr).

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Captain Selection....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back