Prediction Round 3: Changes Vs Eagles + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I have 5-15mm but looking again it seems most should fall early Sunday morning so we should be fine. Not that the meteorologists have been particularly accurate this past week.
Damn eastern states stealing our rain.
Government conspiracy i tells ya!!

I have 5-15mm but looking again it seems most should fall early Sunday morning so we should be fine. Not that the meteorologists have been particularly accurate this past week.
BOM seems to suggest it will be heaviest at the time of our game. So probably a good thing given they are never accurate in my experience.

Go the three pronged tall attack?

B Young ~ Hamling ~ Ryan
HB Clark ~ Pearce ~ Chapman
C O'Driscoll ~ Brodie ~ Aish
R Meek/Darcy ~ Brayshaw ~ Serong
HF Frederick ~ Taberner ~ Switta
F Schultz ~ Lobb ~ Cox
I/C Erasmus ~ Acres/Tucker ~ Colyer/Walters ~ Logue/Walker
Sub Tucker/Acres

In: Taberner, Cox, Erasmus, O'Driscoll
Out: Darcy/Meek, Walters/Colyer, Banfield, Tucker/Acres

Get/off/the/fence

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Get/off/the/fence

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Nah it depends on who is injured. Obviously Darcy unless he is injured. I'd leave Walters in over Colyer if he is fit.

Flip a coin with Acres and Tucker. Not sure you can carry both based on last week.

Only fence I'm on is I'd consider Walker if we want more run because I think we might be too tall down back but that depends a bit on who WC has available. Cox can swing back if we need him to so minimal risk.

Can't say I'm even going to waste my time watching this game and running the risk of ruining my Sunday afternoon, again! As a foundation member, I feel I'm just burnt out by this mob and their chatter. I'm sick of waiting all weekend to watch my team, only to be let down again and again.

Win or lose the thing I'm so angry about is that this year, in all 4 games (yes including pre-season) we haven't shown any improvement, particularly in our consistency.

Our consistency, skills, game plan, and goal kicking have not changed under Longmuir - which I can't believe after all the talk pre-season - Freo you sold me the dummy again!

First pre-season game I got excited. We actually showed good skills, patience with ball in hand, no long bombs etc. some good methodical approach.

Second pre-season game we had pathetic skills, especially goal kicking, back to usual there, but still at least showed a bit of method.

Game 1 vs Adelaide. Game should have been iced by half time. Instead, useless kicking again, poor method and poor accountability. We didn't win that game, Adelaide gave it to us with their own poor kicking. Typical stock standard Freo "win" that one, it was hard to get excited after just falling over the line due to a youngsters gallant effort.

Game 2 vs Saints. Even further backwards in every aspect, which was massively concerning given all the pre-season focus on "connection", "game plan" and the magic word "consistency".

If we actually come out with a solid win this weekend I still can't be happy because we've shown no improvement in consistency. Until we actually have some consistency we're not worthy contenders, just merely making up the numbers. There's no point having a good victory if we lose the "easy" game the next weekend.

I'm not tipping us, but if we actually do win, it wouldn't surprise me at all. After such a crap performance last week, we'll no doubt come out all fired up, compete, then completely fall away again the following week in the very winnable home game against GWS!

Eagles by 23pts in a dreary outing with the result likely decided by half time. Kennedy and Darling to kick 7 between them

You raise some valid points but jesus I read this in sombre piano tones ala Duff and Quarters.

I'll still tip Eagles.

It's not about the individual players. You can't tip us after last week. Our style of play was horrendous. We have been found out, teams will replay the 3rd against Crows.
You’re tipping against us? I’m shocked I tell you, shocked

I'll still tip Eagles.

It's not about the individual players. You can't tip us after last week. Our style of play was horrendous. We have been found out, teams will replay the 3rd against Crows.
Lacked any run. Just a shit brand of football.

You’re tipping against us? I’m shocked I tell you, shocked

Only just tipped crows in rd 1..wrong by a point.

Tipped Saints last week with the correct margin.

Too many overrate us on here and underrate Eagles as an organisation. Lobb and Brayshaw are the only two that can hold their heads high after 2 games.

Our apparent star backline has been shaky to say the least and as i said post rd1....way too top heavy and lumbering down there.

On top of that are the glamour footballers of Freddy, Henry, Clark, Tucker and more who don't want to get in and under or run the other way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many overrate us on here and underrate Eagles as an organisation. Lobb and Brayshaw are the only two that can hold their heads high after 2 games.

Our apparent star backline has been shaky to say the least and as i said post rd1....way too top heavy and lumbering down there.

On top of that are the glamour footballers of Freddy, Henry, Clark, Tucker and more who don't want to get in and under or run the other way.
The backline has been under the hammer because the midfield has been shit.

I legit don’t think I’ve ever see you say you’ve tipped us. It’s alright dude, we all have ways of coping with supporting this club, my copium is drinking myself to sleep by half time, yours is the ol’ be bet against, then it’s win/win

While that is true I think the balance is wrong in there. We looked better with Ryan, Cox, Logue, Hughes, Walker & Wilson or something like that.
The current group looks ok paper but they aren’t working well together, particularly in terms of transition out of defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To an extent and same can be said for the scrappy i50 entries.

In saying that a first gamer week 1 and a out of form midget week 2 kicking a combined 9 goals does show there's a bit of a personnel issue in defense. That usually doesn't happen to this defence in the previous 2 years..which to me spells they may of drank the bath water.

While that is true I think the balance is wrong in there. We looked better with Ryan, Cox, Logue, Hughes, Walker & Wilson or something like that.
The current group looks ok paper but they aren’t working well together, particularly in terms of transition out of defense.

Yeah Pearce, Hamling, Logue kicking out of the same backline is yuck. I agree, except no Hughes for mine.

Ryan Pearce Wilson
Clark Cox Walker

Ryan can take the 3rd. Plenty of run and skill.

Logue should be shifted up the ground.

Feel like the game has got away from Hamling. Good depth for Pearce.

I think our backline probably looked best in 2020 without pearce and hamling. The balance and continuity between the backline was great considering we had Hughes, ryan playing out of position, duman, and cox who had never played as a defender in the afl.

We've developed some great KPD but can't play them all in the same side. Saw a bit of 2019 pearce in the last quarter against stk, would love to see more

To an extent and same can be said for the scrappy i50 entries.

In saying that a first gamer week 1 and a out of form midget week 2 kicking a combined 9 goals does show there's a bit of a personnel issue in defense. That usually doesn't happen to this defence in the previous 2 years..which to me spells they may of drank the bath water.
If you're getting smashed in transition and the opposition is walking it out of the middle you've got buckley's as a defence. It's not like SK had 30 shots at goal.

I thought U support Freo mate...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back