Game Day Round 3: Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sturt, Hill named on the field which is good news. I don't think players are usually named on the field on Thursday and then relegated to emergencies on Friday - unless someone can remember an example where that has been the case?

I'm optimistic that Serong makes it as well.

Hmmm. Yes, with Hill and Sturt on the field, it makes things interesting.

It could look like:
In: Hill, Sturt, Hogan
Out: Darcy, Duman and Matera/Banfield

Not sure how Colyer keeps surviving the cut.

Hmmm. Yes, with Hill and Sturt on the field, it makes things interesting.

It could look like:
In: Hill, Sturt, Hogan
Out: Darcy, Duman and Matera/Banfield

Not sure how Colyer keeps surviving the cut.

Guessing we're making a late call on Wilson.

With the 'Outs', assuming Wilson doesn't pull up, I hope it is Schultz who makes way. I would be keen to see Matera light it up with this forward line...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's 100% what he was talking about, he's mentioned it in a previous interview too. Relax :)

Actually, I propose a 'virtual toast' to Hogan. So often we piously attack the keyboard, slating decisions our footballers, who are all fallible beings, make. Hogan has made some decisions that are quite normal for a young person of today to make. In addition, he has encountered a number of challenging elements from quite a young age. Yet, led by our media, we have chastised him and at times helped perpetuate negative stories even though they would have been contrary to his mental wellbeing improving. His journey needs a toast.

I am chuffed that he has been able to work his way back onto the football field. Whilst it is possible that his demons may resurface, him playing this weekend is up there with Harley Bennell's comeback of last week. Sure, Bennell may do another calf, but his tenacity, how desire to get back on the field needs recognising. Hogan needs a toast.

Jesse, well done for this achievement in your journey. Your judges need to salute you for this milestone. Cheers.

Those are probably the best Ins ive seen in a really really long time.

Blooding the youth while getting back the stars is just what you want to building a really good 26 players to pick from each week.

Strap yourselves in!

IN: Pearce and we're back in business

I come in peace fellow wharfies.

Our club has just launched a petition which will be submitted to the AFL asking that we be allowed to wear our prison bar guernsey for all Showdowns from now on. This guernsey is a key part of our heritage and identity yet we have been denied the use of it by Eddie McGuire and other Victorian power brokers since we entered the AFL. The petition has attracted nearly 20,000 signatures in less than 24 hours so far ... we would appreciate it if some of you guys added your names to it as well!

Cheers and good luck for this weekend's game on the Goldy!

I signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back