Round 3: Richmond vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Magic Mike

All Australian
Nov 9, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Both sides coming into the game with a 0-2 start to the season. Melbourne always seem to play well against Richmond, so I am expecting this game to be a cracker. Richmond have certainly played better footy so far this year, so they should go into the game as favourites with the bookies.

Who will people be tipping to win this game, and why?

Richmond. Because they're a better side.
Agreed, Richmond have played ok, they have just come up against too good sides. They will be in the mix for the lower part of the eight.
Melbourne on the other hand will need to beat GC & GWS to avoid the spoon.

I expect a close match up until the final siren, Melbourne seem to have our measure, on pure form we should win but we are Richmond afterall. :D

I can see this thread getting real smug real fast from others picking over a shit sandwich . All the best tiges.

Both teams usually go pretty hard when they play each other. It's a shame Sylvia won't be playing since he usually runs rings around the Richmond players. On current form I'd tip Richmond but I'd expect it would be a close match for the most part. It'll also be nice for the Melbourne side to be playing on a day where the weather doesn't hit 30 degrees.

They normally play well against us solely because Sylvia pencils us in every year for his best game. Sylvia's not playing. If we lose this then serious questions need to be asked, because Melbourne have been atrocious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Beyond a basketcase'

Because the only thing in our hands was losing to Brisbane and then West Coast at Subi.

People love getting carried away

Seriously good luck to the loser of this game... I really mean it. They'll need all they can get.

Melbourne will get themselves up for this one, they've got a good record against the Tigers.

Seriously good luck to the loser of this game... I really mean it. They'll need all they can get.

Melbourne will get themselves up for this one, they've got a good record against the Tigers.

Agreed. Whoever loses is going to be torn apart by the media. Richmond would be done for crippling under pressure, Melbourne would be done as a team not fit to compete in the AFL (again...) The only way there can be no fallout is if it's a draw.

Not much talent-wise between the lists and had this marked as a 50/50 pre-season, but Punt Rd will burn to the ground if we lose given the way Melbourne are going ATM. Took a couple of months before Hardwick began to put his stamp on our side in 2010, Neeld probably similar, good time to play the Dees I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3: Richmond vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back