Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last chance to trade before the first price changes. We've now had two opportunities to look at the rookies. Which trades will you be making to get the must have rookies, or who are the premos which are must have before they rocket up in price ??

Rookies are OK.
I picked Witherden on the assumption he'd be taking most of the kick ins and would go up accordingly. That hasn't happened so I have my doubts now that he will finish as a top 8 defender. He is likely to be replaced by either Sicily or Whitfield.
Similarly, Heeney was selected on the basis of more midfield time which also hasn't happened. He is likely to be replaced by Kelly.
Alternatively, I may do one of the above plus B Smith to either Libba or Hall.
I have $260K currently in bank.

coniglio to macrae
billings to worpel
with shiels and burgoyne injured, worpel will get even more midfield and playing time. will have to miss out on boak.
I'm more looking at Cousins' upside, than Worpedeo's; though, they're obviously the two major beneficiaries.

I'm more looking at Cousins' upside, than Worpedeo's; though, they're obviously the two major beneficiaries.
cousins definitely...he would have been dropped with howe and wingard coming back had shiels and burgoyne not got injured...those with cousins got KOTD today!!! He goes from being dropped to now keeping his spot for the next 3-4 weeks and will make huge $$$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking about Ridley to Powell. Not sure about it, though. I would then have McCarthy and Powell in the forward line and be hoping that one doesn't completely suck till byes.

coniglio to macrae
billings to worpel
with shiels and burgoyne injured, worpel will get even more midfield and playing time. will have to miss out on boak.
You're not really trading Cogs are you? He's got richmond and geelong next 2, not tags coming. Half of the collingwood team tonned up against richmond and Oliver/Bray went big against cats this week. Cogs will average 120+ in the next 2 weeks. you've made an incredible start this season and I've lost the plot so what do I know

Only trade lined up so far is Dunkley to Boak. My rookies look okay if Balta is named next week. Might have to trade Taranto to Rocky...I'm concerned with Taranto when Jelly and Ward come back in. As good as he was in round 1, round 2 showed that he isn't quite ready to be a top 8 mid. I know he was slightly underpriced but I have Brouch to play that 'underpiced premo potential top 10 mid' role. Taranto to Rocky and Dunks to Boak generates heaps of cash and looks like netting me around 50 points extra a week

Looking at Dunkley & Simpson to Whitfield and Boak/Kelly with Boak probably getting the nod.

Fingers crossed Greene is back but I’m not holding my breath..

You're not really trading Cogs are you? He's got richmond and geelong next 2, not tags coming. Half of the collingwood team tonned up against richmond and Oliver/Bray went big against cats this week. Cogs will average 120+ in the next 2 weeks. you've made an incredible start this season and I've lost the plot so what do I know

Here’s my thinking...would I rather cogs and hack billings or Matt crouch and worpel with $170k...i like option 2....worpel will dominate now with Shiels injured....I’ve got sheed who will go up for the next 3 weeks but with gaff back, he will struggle and won’t average more than 90. I will then upgrade sheed to macrae. Macrae b/e is 155 next week. He will be under $800k in 3 weeks.

Then its operation get Boak and Whitfield.

Dunkley to Boak

Riddler to Stewie

Just Dunkley -> Boak for me

Not enough cash to jump Hanley to anyone meaningful, so he’ll have to stay this week. BE is only 37 so should make that. Hopefully grows into the season as he learns to trust his shoulders more, had a good second half

Here’s my thinking...would I rather cogs and hack billings or Matt crouch and worpel with $170k...i like option 2....worpel will dominate now with Shiels injured....I’ve got sheed who will go up for the next 3 weeks but with gaff back, he will struggle and won’t average more than 90. I will then upgrade sheed to macrae. Macrae b/e is 155 next week. He will be under $800k in 3 weeks.

Then its operation get Boak and Whitfield.
Billings wasn't that bad tbh but Worpel much better value I agree. Mrouch is a good pick with the adelaide home fixtures coming up. The fact that you get 170k from these trades is important because I can see this trade backfiring in terms of points scored next week. But 170k in the Macrae fund is a good bit of business long term.

Can Worpel last a whole year though? The kid can definitely score points, but bringing him in now you'd want him to be a keeper

Feel Newnes at roughly the same price can at least go the whole season. In 2017 he was scoring well enough to be a forward keeper (was only a mid that year though), had a concussion score and his average fell because of it. Worst case scenario he's F7/M9 but you'll get 20+ games out of him. Forwards are a cluster**** at the moment. Devon Smith will probably be a top 6 forward but he's too expensive, will wait on him. Danger and Kelly look the best bets so far, Boak is encouraging, but need to see what happens when Wines comes back.

Heeney to Kelly
Dunkley to one of Worpel/Newnes/Menegola

Zerrett likely survives but I've got 228-242k in the bank to correct him if he stinks it up again if I go a Newnes/Worpel...

Just Dunkley -> Boak for me

Not enough cash to jump Hanley to anyone meaningful, so he’ll have to stay this week. BE is only 37 so should make that. Hopefully grows into the season as he learns to trust his shoulders more, had a good second half

Not sure 90k is worth it tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back