Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I hold Heeney, I can go

Dunkley to Kelly
Zerrett to Treloar

Zerrett likely loses cash so I can bring him back in once he looks like he's getting his act together

Treloar might cop Hutchings this week, but Hutchings could go to a heap of Pies too. Treloar seems beast mode currently, I'm bypassing Rocky here, but feel Treloar is a decent enough correction.

Treloar's disposal is awful...he butchers the ball..it's why he has 30 every week...i can see hutchings going to sidey this week

Im saying that with wines return (he normally gets around 28-30 touches).
And at the moment you've got Rocky and Boak around 38 and 30.
I feel with wines coming in and spending more mid time than the likes of, Gray, drew, SPP. That is think Boak will go down to mid 20s and Rocky to around the 30sih mark.

Wines and Rocky will be mids, and I think Boak will do a rotation with the others on the wing and fwd.

Maybe 50/50 or 60/40?

Will be interesting.

Pitty wines didn't play this week.
Just my opinion, but playing Wines, Boak and Rocky as the on ballers makes Port as slow as treacle. There's more room at centre bounce to create centre clearances so you need some burst speed. It's why the likes of Brayshaw and Treloar have so much impact. With Watts going down for a large chunk of the year I think that could free up Westhoff to become that quality ball user off half back and wing. So I could see Boak spending more time forward.

Dunkley to Boak for me. I'll reassess later in the week if there are further trades. Dunkley's role is back to what it was at the start of the season last year and not the end. Thinking I may still go Merrett to Treloar as the second trade.

Treloar's disposal is awful...he butchers the ball..it's why he has 30 every week...i can see hutchings going to sidey this week
Sidey was who I was thinking he'd go to if not Treloar, maybe Beams too

But he went to Cogs last week who has never been tagged in his life (well since juniors probably), so can't rule out the Treloar tag. Treloar normally works through tags though, scores 70-80-90s with them from previous years as an owner.

82% Disposal Efficiency on Thursday night. Not sure about butcher. He can shank a kick when he's running at absolute top speed, but apart from that he's very good. Hands are elite.

Feel free to correct me Port fans, but I believe Boak's move to the midfield was decided before Wines' injury.

This article was basically the reason I started with Boak
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-04/exskipper-likely-to-return-to-powers-midfield
"In my eyes, I would like to shift him more to midfield and going forward," Power midfield coach Jarrad Schofield said.

"That might swing that way a little bit, whereas previously, he's probably played more as that half-forward then pinch-hitting in the midfield.

"We'd like to maybe go the other way, play a bit more midfield and then go forward.

"You can't question his work ethic to get up and down the ground.

"He's got leg speed and he's got great experience.

"So, you put all of those things together and that's what I want as a midfield coach."

Heeney or Dunkley most likely to be more consistent?
One is on the blocks.

Think Dunkley has a better ceiling. But not sure with Bont, crae and Libba.

Last edited:
I've got both Dunkley and Heeney too. I'm actually thinking of holding onto both. Haven't seen Footscray play, so not sure if Dunkley's problem is role related or just not playing great. If he's around the ball, I'll back him to find form.

Don't know, would like Tim Kelly, but want to back these guys in. Maybe give it one more week then reassess. Should still be able to go Dunkley to Kelly next week if it all goes **** up.

Heeney or Dunkley most likely to be more consistent?
One is on the blocks.

Think Dunkley has a better ceiling. But not sure with Bont, crae and Libba.
From what I've seen, it's gonna come down to who goes in as a full time mid. For Dunkley that probably means an injury to one of their current starting mids first, and for Heeney he will need to be over his ankle problem and for Horse to stop completely screwing with the careers of his young superstars. Both could be injected next week, or both could remain stuck in their current role all year. I took Mills thinking surely they finally inject him in to the midfield. Nope, not gonna happen.

Heeney, Dunkley, Greene and Merrett my main issues, Hore as a potentially non playing rookie.

215k I’m the bank.

Hanley seems the obvious cut and run. Down to miers via burgess seems the go. Gives about 440k from memory.

Merrett I think I’m set on backing in.
Dunkley worried me a lot watching the dogs, he looks a lot like this years Billings. I hate jumping if premiums though so at this stage he stays.
Greene if not named goes for sure but if named I’d be somewhat tempted to keep.

Really unsure what moves to make. If I had a dpp link to mids I’d get in rocky but I don’t so he only comes in if I traded say Atkins (Geelong) or Scott (if he were dropped), both making money though if not dropped so not keen on that.

Greene to Boak? Is boak the real deal though? (Have kelly already)

Or Greene to Whitfield via dpp (really Greene to miers, Hanley to Whitfield). Leaves forwards very thin tho?

Or Greene to Worley and bank the 400k+.

Essntially, who to prioritize in order from...
Worpel
Boak
Whitfield
Rocky

Dunkleys problem is role

He's had midfield minutes taken away by Libba and Wallis. Wallis isn't playing primarily at half forward anymore like he did in the back half of last year, Dickson, Lloyd and Dunkley are going through there now, while Libba is a first choice inside mid again with Macrae alongside him.

Dunkley will probably average around 80 in his current role, he'll score the odd ton to boost his average but he'll be 65-85 most weeks I'd say and only be around the 20 possession mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney may only have this ankle issue to battle through. Can only hope he'll start getting midfield time soon.

I'm leaning towards holding Heeney in DT as I already have Boak and only want to bring in Kelly which Dunkley can become, but if he's out this week I might dump him too

Menegola will fall in price but he's the safest option here, Smith is too expensive and will fall in price also before he's obtained, not convinced on Worpel long term as he feels very 2018 Tarantoish. Newnes might be ok here but his role might change when Hanners returns.

Eh

To those thinking Dunkley's role has changed back and he isn't getting mid time....well Dunks in fact attended the second most CBA with 17 on the weekend, role isn't an issue just form, but has Suns this week.
That’s good to hear. I hate the idea of trading him out.
Is he a slow/unfit player generally? He looked to be running on the spot, jogging when he could have gone in for a tackle/loose ball etc at times which did worry me.

How much of a must have do people think boak is? Obviously been huge but does he go 100+ from now on?

I can turn Greene into him (with Hanley into a rookie).

I think Heeney would be first to go of the two.

Such a better ceiling with Dunkley.

But if you don't pull the trigger on one, then you lose 30k and then the 30-50k on Boak.

Bloody tough choice. Even at 80-90 average, he's going to be a good day at worst.

Might just go Ross to rockliff and bank the 200k and save a trade.

To those thinking Dunkley's role has changed back and he isn't getting mid time....well Dunks in fact attended the second most CBA with 17 on the weekend, role isn't an issue just form, but has Suns this week.
Nah, it has

Only getting the footy across half forward/wing, Libba, Wallis and Macrae are the ones who have been getting their hands on it first in close around the stoppages

He can't swarm around the ball like he used to, he's in there then he's out of there, chopping and changing him is not working

Probably Going with

OUT
Heeney & Hore
IN
Whitfield & (Petrucelle, Schultz, Balta(if named) or Miers)

What's everyone's thoughts on the js of the rookies listed above??

Nah, it has

Only getting the footy across half forward/wing, Libba, Wallis and Macrae are the ones who have been getting their hands on it first in close around the stoppages

He can't swarm around the ball like he used to, he's in there then he's out of there, chopping and changing him is not working

17 CBA is good enough for me to know he will get the mid time or close too that of 2nd half of last year, i think the 6/6/6 rule and libba back has made it bit harder, but it's more his form atm imo, still keeping faith.

17 CBA is good enough for me to know he will get the mid time or close too that of 2nd half of last year, i think the 6/6/6 rule and libba back has made it bit harder, but it's more his form atm imo, still keeping faith.
He'll be a very slow burn though

We picked him to average at least 95, he won't get anywhere near that

Imo that 1 JLT game against St Kilda sucked a few in, myself included that his role was ok, it ain't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back