Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heeney to Boak has to happen i guess

Was gonna go Yeo to Rocky which leaves me with 315k but 6 port players it seems to many.. ?
Or i could take any other mid Or Simpson to Whitfield

Not happy about passing on Sheed (for the time being) but I can't justify trading out anyone from the midfield line at the moment. I'm tempted to downgrade Greene to Parker for the $$$'s but that feels like a backwards move. As much as I'd like to add rookies Parker and possibly Wilkie, for Balta and Hore, loophole doughnuts are proving useful with the SC style rolling lockout set-up. I'll look to trade Punchy back in later if his fitness and scores demand selection. Hopefully my 5 Crows strategy will start paying dividends soon with their favourable pre-bye draw.

Heeney > Boak
Greene > Worpel

rdt rd3.JPG

Last edited:
Heeny to Kelly for me. Saves me 20k to so I've got 275k in the bank which I'll use to upgrade my defence fairly soon.
Scored 2078 last week which is kind of eh but who knows. I've made a bunch of positional changes since last week (Worpel fwd Setterfield to bench Constable and Dursma onto the field) All in all I'm pretty happy. I've used 3 trades but once Kelly comes back I should be good for now. Lots of cash increases which is excellent.
Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 9.04.38 am.png

Not happy about passing on Sheed (for the time being) but I can't justify trading out anyone from the midfield line at the moment. I'm tempted to downgrade Greene to Parker for the $$$'s but that feels like a backwards move. As much as I'd like to add rookies Parker and possibly Wilkie, for Balta and Hore, loophole doughnuts are proving useful with the SC style rolling lockout set-up. I'll look to trade Punchy back in later if his fitness and scores demand selection. Hopefully my 5 Crows strategy will start paying dividends soon with their upcoming draw.

Heeney > Boak
Greene > Worpel

View attachment 646061
That's a serious team. What did you score?

That's a serious team. What did you score?

Thanks man. I only scored 2206 in Rd2 (currently ranked 959th overall) Wish I had started Boak over either Heeney/Dunkley and Worpel over Greene though. Would be top100 already if I did. Nevermind, plenty of time to climb those rankings.

Thinking.

Heeney to Boak/Kelly (thoughts?) I'm thinking Kelly as I'd like to make sure Boak stays mid when wines is back.

Ross to Libba for cash and upgrade to Rocky later on that same basis with wines.

Not quite sure what my top priority should be. $46k in the bank.

OUT: Hore
IN: Drew (Burgess to D8)
Would be great for cash generation.

OUT: Witherden
IN: Crisp (or Stewart, for something a bit different)
Witherden's been underwhelming through four games this year (78 in 63% TOG in JLT1, 79 in 88% TOG in JLT2, 83 in 86% TOG last week, and 75 in 85% TOG yesterday) but has been a good DTer pretty much from debut. Started slowly last year as well to be fair, and ended up averaging 91.6 across the season (if you exclude his injury-affected game in Round 22). Typing this out, I think I'm leaning towards keeping Witherden.

OUT: Heeney
IN: Kelly/Dahlhaus/Newnes
I think Heeney comes good sooner rather than later with his dodgy ankle, so I'm inclined to hang onto him on the basis that I think he'll be (at least close to) a top 6 forward come the end of the season.

OUT: Merrett
IN: Treloar/Matt Crouch/Brayshaw
Horrible first game, okay second game; honestly, who knows what Merrett does from here. Worth burning a trade or two? Probably.

As always, suggestions more than welcome.

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.08.27.png

Thinking.

Heeney to Boak/Kelly (thoughts?) I'm thinking Kelly as I'd like to make sure Boak stays mid when wines is back.

Ross to Libba for cash and upgrade to Rocky later on that same basis with wines.
You rekon it may effect them ?

You rekon it may effect them ?

Rockliff not as much maybe, but Boak I think more so.

After watching the game again today, Boak still rotated to hf. Where Rocky stayed mid.

You'd think drew would rotate forward and Boak to stay fwd. But not too sure.

Wines definitely takes 30 touches away in the midfield.

I think I'll go Kelly for now and upgrade to Boak later.

Think I might lock Rocky In as he's priced cheap and if it ends up not working he will already have made decent cash.

Thinking.

Feel free to correct me Port fans, but I believe Boak's move to the midfield was decided before Wines' injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but not sure he'll have the same output. Hope I'm wrong.

But when he hasn't been starting in the centre bounce, he has started on the wing.

His heat map on AFL app shows literally zero fwd time.

If I hold Heeney, I can go

Dunkley to Kelly
Zerrett to Treloar

Zerrett likely loses cash so I can bring him back in once he looks like he's getting his act together

Treloar might cop Hutchings this week, but Hutchings could go to a heap of Pies too. Treloar seems beast mode currently, I'm bypassing Rocky here, but feel Treloar is a decent enough correction.

Rockliff not as much maybe, but Boak I think more so.
After watching the game again today, Boak still rotated to hf. Where Rocky stayed mid.
You'd think drew would rotate forward and Boak to stay fwd. But not too sure.
Wines definitely takes 30 touches away in the midfield.

I may be misreading this but it sounds like you're suggesting that there will be 30 less possessions for the other mids when Wines gets back which is not the case as Port have not been playing 1 player short in the midfield during his absence. I would expect Rocky's numbers to drop from 40 to 30 touches when Wines gets back though, since they both play a similar inside mid role. I can't see how Wines' return effects Boak role though.

If I hold Heeney, I can go

Dunkley to Kelly
Zerrett to Treloar

Zerrett likely loses cash so I can bring him back in once he looks like he's getting his act together

Treloar might cop Hutchings this week, but Hutchings could go to a heap of Pies too. Treloar seems beast mode currently, I'm bypassing Rocky here, but feel Treloar is a decent enough correction.

Zerrett to Treloar is a good trade. Pies dominate possession through the midfield.

I'm still undecided on who to trade out - Heeney or Dunkley

I may be misreading this but it sounds like you're suggesting that there will be 30 less possessions for the other mids when Wines gets back which is not the case as Port have not been playing 1 player short in the midfield during his absence. I would expect Rocky's numbers to drop from 40 to 30 touches when Wines gets back though, since they both play a similar inside mid role. I can't see how Wines' return effects Boak role though.
Yeah I'd imagine SPP and Rocky are most affected by Wines

But Gray might be too in regards to midfield time and he'd just spend more time forward.

Wait and see on Drew, he's the other in that rotation. But at least he's scored well first two weeks so he'll get some nice early rises in at least if it looks like he might max out quickly due to Wines.

Im saying that with wines return (he normally gets around 28-30 touches).
And at the moment you've got Rocky and Boak around 38 and 30.
I feel with wines coming in and spending more mid time than the likes of, Gray, drew, SPP. That is think Boak will go down to mid 20s and Rocky to around the 30sih mark.

Wines and Rocky will be mids, and I think Boak will do a rotation with the others on the wing and fwd.

Maybe 50/50 or 60/40?

Will be interesting.

Pitty wines didn't play this week.

Im saying that with wines return (he normally gets around 28-30 touches).
And at the moment you've got Rocky and Boak around 38 and 30.
I feel with wines coming in and spending more mid time than the likes of, Gray, drew, SPP. That is think Boak will go down to mid 20s and Rocky to around the 30sih mark.

Wines and Rocky will be mids, and I think Boak will do a rotation with the others on the wing and fwd.

Maybe 50/50 or 60/40?

Will be interesting.

Pitty wines didn't play this week.

28-30 is a bit of an exaggeration, he's not a Titch or Neale type accumulator.

26.JPG

Zerrett to Treloar is a good trade. Pies dominate possession through the midfield.

I'm still undecided on who to trade out - Heeney or Dunkley
Compare midfield rotations I think

JPK, Parker, Hewett, Heeney, Jones (not sure on Clarke and Mills as yet in there)

Vs

Libba, Macrae, Bont and Wallis seem to be our main go to guys from the first 2 weeks, while Dunkley, Smith, McLean and Gowers get thrown in there when Bont or Wallis go forward/bench.

I think at the moment Heeney has the midfield upside due to Sydney struggling, with Reid and Buddy both in the team, Papley and Ronke as the smalls and Menzel to return, it makes no sense for him to be wasted forward. Surely Jones can just move to a wing for his run and carry also, but it seems he's around the ball a lot currently.

I think Dunkley is probably an 80-85 range scorer currently, he'd become relevant again if Wallis or Libba got injured though. But I wouldn't want that to happen.

28-30 is a bit of an exaggeration, he's not a Titch or Neale type accumulator.

View attachment 646200
An average of 26-27 means he gets 30s and some 20s.
That's why I said "normally" as in more often then not he's high 20s with an average game here and there.

But we are just talking about loose change really.

Fingers crossed output doesn't change, but something's got to give.

Compare midfield rotations I think

JPK, Parker, Hewett, Heeney, Jones (not sure on Clarke and Mills as yet in there)

Vs

Libba, Macrae, Bont and Wallis seem to be our main go to guys from the first 2 weeks, while Dunkley, Smith, McLean and Gowers get thrown in there when Bont or Wallis go forward/bench.

I think at the moment Heeney has the midfield upside due to Sydney struggling. With Reid and Buddy both in the team and Menzel to return, it makes no sense for him to be wasted forward. Surely Jones can just move to a wing for his run and carry also, but it seems he's around the ball a lot currently.

It definitely feels like there's just too many inside mids in the Doggies engine room for all of them to score well at the same time. Good problem to have, but not for our fantasy teams.

Who do you like better as a trade in target this week, Boak or Telly? Unfortunately I can't afford both unless I trade out both of Heeney & Dunkley lol

It definitely feels like there's just too many inside mids in the Doggies engine room for all of them to score well at the same time. Good problem to have, but not for our fantasy teams.

Who do you like better as a trade in target this week, Boak or Telly? Unfortunately I can't afford both unless I trade out both of Heeney & Dunkley lol
I'm trading both Dunks and Heeney in Supercoach to them two unless Balta doesn't return

Surely Balta returns with more injuries to the Tiges though and he can crawl along for me until the next solid forward or defensive rookie comes along

I think Telly is a better Supercoacher than Dreamteamer and Boak is a better Dreamteamer than Supercoacher, so I'd probably lean towards Boak for now in DT, but we'll probably need both early on otherwise they'll get expensive should they carry this form on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back