Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I cop an injury, I've made some shocking Round 2 trades over the years, either rage trades (Greene 2016) or chasing round 1 points (Sam Gray 2016 was Greene's replacement LOL or Aaron Young 2018)

Much better strike rate in rounds 3 + 4 after having 2 or 3 rounds to assess
Tom Bell last year was a ripper !!!! :p

I wouldn't take Rocky's score this week as being affected by Wines being back but moreso the fact that Robinson has stated that he is going to tag him.
If he can get anywhere near 100, it will be a good result.
Means Boak won't get tagged.
Did Robbo actually say this? I read that article and I thought he said that they wouldn't focus too much on one player. The tag is a "maybe" at best

I wouldn't take Rocky's score this week as being affected by Wines being back but moreso the fact that Robinson has stated that he is going to tag him.
If he can get anywhere near 100, it will be a good result.
Means Boak won't get tagged.
Wowee, hope so

The melts on the Supercoach board will be amazing when he scores a 65 :p (80 odd in DT)

Moore to Cousins not bad I guess

Moore is very Supercoach relevant currently, but it's not quite working out in DT

It's really been a 2 week structure change due to more rookies being on field options than I predicted. I selected Moore because I wanted the job security and was expecting scores of 70 odd with how much Collingwood chip it around but if he can't put forward a decent score with how many disposals/marks the Pies had against Richmond then I'm doubting he will be providing much more than his 60 point average atm.

Cousins plays a DT friendly game and his JS has now gone up. He's a stepping stone for me and just sures up my structure change after trading a premium mid for a premium forward.

Need advice on trades! Want to pull the trigger and get in Rocky, have 55k in the bank. Dunkley is an automatic trade in AF but I'm thinking of just holding him in RDT. I did Cripps to Rocky last week in AF and resisted it in RDT. I kinda want to make that move in RDT now though. I think cripps and Rocky average similar so that move makes me almost 200k which I can use for upgrades in the coming week. That's the only trade I've been contemplating...can anyone else see any obvious improvements I can make? Haven't started the year too well but my team doesn't look too bad. Just small mistakes like Dunks over Boak have been so costly, and Cogs last week didn't help.
1554284762404.png

Except Dusty. His doesn't.

His form (although he is playing very average) isn't the reason I'm trading him out. It's that he has no interest in laying tackles so needs a lot of disposable and marks to go with his goals. Problem is that he just isn't hunting those cheap +6's like he used to. Add to that taggers seem to be coming back in and he has no one else to take the tag off him and its not looking like a good DT season for him.

He was a poor choice. It's why I generally don't make trades just before round 1 lockout.

Tom Bell last year was a ripper !!!! :p
Yep starting Bell then trading in Young for Bell and starting Rischitelli, disaster. It got me to Robbie Gray and a rookie in round 4 as both Young and Rischitelli had bare minimum price rises that were the difference in reaching Robbie by like 2-3k, but I burnt like 4 trades to upgrade to him. Had him the rest of the season, but once moved forward 4-5 weeks after I got him, he stunk

All because I set my side up around having Lynch forward, but had to look elsewhere when he got injured

Anyways, much better this year aside from the 3 headache forwards in Balta, Heeney and Dunkley and Zerrett who are much easier to sideways to

If I do this Newnes trade it's 242k leftover to fix Zerrett/Balta if needed

His form (although he is playing very average) isn't the reason I'm trading him out. It's that he has no interest in laying tackles so needs a lot of disposable and marks to go with his goals. Problem is that he just isn't hunting those cheap +6's like he used to. Add to that taggers seem to be coming back in and he has no one else to take the tag off him and its not looking like a good DT season for him.

He was a poor choice. It's why I generally don't make trades just before round 1 lockout.
No I don't blame you at all. I started Dusty last year and held him all year. He lost so much money and I couldn't do anything with him. Made him M9 at the first opportunity I could and parked him there. He could have scored consecutive 200's in the JLT this year and I still wouldn't have considered him.

No I don't blame you at all. I started Dusty last year and held him all year. He lost so much money and I couldn't do anything with him. Made him M9 at the first opportunity I could and parked him there. He could have scored consecutive 200's in the JLT this year and I still wouldn't have considered him.

It's amazing how Paul Roos and Malt house have both called out Fyfe on his lack of defensive work and Martin hasn't received any backlash for his efforts. He doesn't chase or even attempt to tackle. I actually couldn't believe some of his efforts.

I should have stuck with Brad Crouch.

Thoughts on Dunkley to Boak and Cripps to Rocky. It's a double sideways but this amazingly nets me more than 260k which goes to the Whitfield-Macrae fund. This is a super aggressive move I know and could backfire hugely but I can't see myself losing points with these trades especially in the short term. Boak is going ham and Dunkley is so out of form. Cripps to Rocky is purely a cash grab as both are going well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've now come to the conclusion that there is no Richmond player that I see as being a viable DT option this year. They seem to be a very low scoring DT team.

Thoughts on Dunkley to Boak and Cripps to Rocky. It's a double sideways but this amazingly nets me more than 260k which goes to the Whitfield-Macrae fund. This is a super aggressive move I know and could backfire hugely but I can't see myself losing points with these trades especially in the short term. Boak is going ham and Dunkley is so out of form. Cripps to Rocky is purely a cash grab as both are going well.
No issues with the first trade as there's merit in trading Dunkley due to Libba being back and him not getting the midfield minutes he had last year which saw him turn to a beast late in the season. So if you believe that remains, then go for it.

Cripps to Rocky is a bad move though imo. You're moving our a guy who averaged 109 last year, currently averaging 109 for someone who has started well but has limited durability and if that shows again, will require another trade to move him back out. I'm all for trading in Rocky in the right situation, but moving a premium who is performing to do so isn't the right answer imo.

No issues with the first trade as there's merit in trading Dunkley due to Libba being back and him not getting the midfield minutes he had last year which saw him turn to a beast late in the season. So if you believe that remains, then go for it.

Cripps to Rocky is a bad move though imo. You're moving our a guy who averaged 109 last year, currently averaging 109 for someone who has started well but has limited durability and if that shows again, will require another trade to move him back out. I'm all for trading in Rocky in the right situation, but moving a premium who is performing to do so isn't the right answer imo.

Yep. It's why I'm not getting Rockliff now.

I have Macrae, Coniglio, Cripps, Oliver and Treloar. No sideways trades there.

Not sure what he's like, but how did Rocky go with a tag when he was at Brisbane?

Rocky or Sloane better against the tag?

Its down to
Rocky @591k +75k
Sloane @650k +54k
Brouch @640k +23k
Sheed @531k +50k

Rocky never got tagged at Brisbane. He would rack up 40 touches and they would lose by 80 points. Sloane sux against a tag.
Sloane rarely tons up with tags but I wouldn't say he completely sucks with it

Still can tackle his way to 80s/90s with it, though his floor is about 60-65 normally on a bad day

Doubt he'd be as bad as what Cogs was last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back