Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon with this new 666 rule, Bevo chucks his better clearance players in the guts or the big bodies

Sam Lloyd ain't going in the guts for example but he has been covering large amounts of ground as a high half forward and runs up and down the wing all day, I feel Dunkley goes forward after a CBA and swaps around with Lloyd/Hunter types who'll be in a midfield position in general play but they'll stay out of CBAs as they're not suited for it. Only times Hunter goes in there is whenever Macrae goes to a wing or Hunter has a rare run with role

Is Heeney injured ?
Still carrying this ankle he copped from JLT

Horse said something like if he can train he'll play, if he struggles to train they might not play him

I feel there's more upside in Heeney compared to Dunkley, but only when he runs this ankle off

Probably Going with

OUT
Heeney & Hore
IN
Whitfield & (Petrucelle, Schultz, Balta(if named) or Miers)

What's everyone's thoughts on the js of the rookies listed above??
Petrucelle you would think would be pretty good with how he has gone in the first 2 weeks and Rioli now out for the next 5-6 weeks. The others I'm not convinced about any sort of JS.

Tried getting creative but don't think I like these options much

I could move Burgess forward then get in a Stewart/Crisp type down back if I trade both Heeney and Dunkley, but then I'd have to field 3 forward rookies (then again Setterfield and Parker are scoring similar to the two I'm trading out, while Drew has them all covered currently)

Other option is Powell who will have 1-2 decent rises and is currently also outscoring both Heeney and Dunkley

Wonder if going a 400k cash grab on Powell is worth it? Only problem is I'd be using an extra trade potentially once I get rid of him as he won't be a keeper, though maybe not as I'll have extra cash so could potentially be in double upgrade territory too

Might try another creative trade with Zerrett to a DPP

Tried getting creative but don't think I like these options much

I could move Burgess forward then get in a Stewart/Crisp type down back if I trade both Heeney and Dunkley, but then I'd have to field 3 forward rookies (then again Setterfield and Parker are scoring similar to the two I'm trading out, while Drew has them all covered currently)

Other option is Powell who will have 1-2 decent rises and is currently also outscoring both Heeney and Dunkley

Wonder if going a 400k cash grab on Powell is worth it? Only problem is I'd be using an extra trade potentially once I get rid of him as he won't be a keeper, though maybe not as I'll have extra cash so could potentially be in double upgrade territory too

Might try another creative trade with Zerrett to a DPP

I toyed with the idea of Powell last week and Cousins i just kept thinking at there prices they arnt gonna make massive cash then u have to get rid of them again quickly if they goto shit or get dropped.. or i could be completely wrong and they make heaps of cash

I toyed with the idea of Powell last week and Cousins i just kept thinking at there prices they arnt gonna make massive cash then u have to get rid of them again quickly if they goto shit or get dropped.. or i could be completely wrong and they make heaps of cash
Cousins should easily double his price, unless he gets injured

Shiels and Burgoyne are injured with hammies apparently, so he'll be good for the next month still I'd imagine

I currently have all of Libba, Cousins, Walsh and Constable so my future cash generation looks ok

Anyways, didn't like the Zerrett DPP move, it freed enough cash for Devon Smith, but he'll fall to 650-700k in a few weeks I'd imagine

If I hold Dunkley then I can go

Zerrett to Rocky
Heeney to Kelly

Wonder how Treloar goes with Adams returning? There's alot of points to be shared around in that team.

Other one was hold Heeney

Zerrett to Treloar
Dunkley to Kelly

Then the hold Zerrett move

Heeney to Kelly
Dunkley to Menegola/Worpel/Newnes

Urgh......

Zerrett apparently got tagged by Steele too

Already copped De Boer obviously

Next 6-7 weeks he could be bang average if he keeps copping the tag

As he'll have in that run, Harmes, Berry, not sure if North runs anyone as Jacobs is still out with that bad sinus infection I think, Greenwood, Hewett and Banfield, then he might get 2-3 weeks after Freo in round 9 of a clear run at it

Zerrett apparently got tagged by Steele too

Already copped De Boer obviously

Next 6-7 weeks he could be bang average if he keeps copping the tag

As he'll have in that run, Harmes, Berry, not sure if North runs anyone as Jacobs is still out with that bad sinus infection I think, Greenwood, Hewett and Banfield, then he might get 2-3 weeks after Freo in round 9 of a clear run at it

He definitely didn't get tagged. I watched him very closely as I had money on him to get under 29 disposals.

He had a pretty poor game early but had a really good second half. Spent a lot of time in the middle (Heppell has been banished to the wing) and ran out the game strongly. Any worries about his preseason injury should be put to bed after that game.

My advice would be to keep him with the only concern being how poor Essendon is playing they will probably see a few role changes (Heppell won't stay on the wing). But if he keeps that pure mid role then he will score fine.

As I think all three are a potential problem and I might need to burn another trade on whoever is leftover in round 4 or 5, maybe playing the cash game is the way to go

Zerrett to Rocky
Dunkley to Kelly

202k leftover to fix Heeney if needed

Will give me another week to judge Newnes and Worpel, but Jack Martin even could be a POD option, he's threatened to break out but never really has, maybe this is the year for him to?

Also gives me the option of getting in Menegola or Smith at a slightly reduced price too (hopefully these 2 fall in price more than Heeney this week)

He definitely didn't get tagged. I watched him very closely as I had money on him to get under 29 disposals.

He had a pretty poor game early but had a really good second half. Spent a lot of time in the middle (Heppell has been banished to the wing) and ran out the game strongly. Any worries about his preseason injury should be put to bed after that game.

My advice would be to keep him with the only concern being how poor Essendon is playing they will probably see a few role changes (Heppell won't stay on the wing). But if he keeps that pure mid role then he will score fine.
Fair enough

I guess Thursday night when teams drop it'll force my hand somewhere, but Tim Kelly is absolutely coming in for someone and that move will need to be made on Thursday before lockout

If I decide to trade the two forwards and keep Zerrett, the second trade will be on a Menegola (probable top 6 forward but around 100k overpriced currently going by output), Newnes (POD, but does he have 95 in him? I think he has 85-90 in him but it might not be enough at season's end, but alas will be useful as F7-M9 if he's not top 6 I guess), or Worpel (the big unknown here, should be around 85-90, but can he go more and can he run the year out and be a keeper? Feel he's this year's Taranto, feel he's better suited to AFL Fantasy)

As I think all three are a potential problem and I might need to burn another trade on whoever is leftover in round 4 or 5, maybe playing the cash game is the way to go

Zerrett to Rocky
Dunkley to Kelly

202k leftover to fix Heeney if needed

Will give me another week to judge Newnes and Worpel, but Jack Martin even could be a POD option, he's threatened to break out but never really has, maybe this is the year for him to?

Also gives me the option of getting in Menegola or Smith at a slightly reduced price too (hopefully these 2 fall in price more than Heeney this week)

Fair enough

I guess Thursday night when teams drop it'll force my hand somewhere, but Tim Kelly is absolutely coming in for someone and that move will need to be made on Thursday before lockout

If I decide to trade the two forwards and keep Zerrett, the second trade will be on a Menegola (probable top 6 forward but around 100k overpriced currently going by output), Newnes (POD, but does he have 95 in him? I think he has 85-90 in him but it might not be enough at season's end, but alas will be useful as F7-M9 if he's not top 6 I guess), or Worpel (the big unknown here, should be around 85-90, but can he go more and can he run the year out and be a keeper? Feel he's this year's Taranto, feel he's better suited to AFL Fantasy)

My advice is to not sideways trade to a risky premium. Worpel and Newnes aren't proven. If they cool off then you blow yet another trade (or 2 if they drop in price first which is likely). That's 3 trades for one spot.

My advice is to not sideways trade to a risky premium. Worpel and Newnes aren't proven. If they cool off then you blow yet another trade (or 2 if they drop in price first which is likely). That's 3 trades for one spot.
Newnes is far more proven than Worpel and arguably Dunkley to be honest who only went big in the back half of last year due to injury/role change

Newnes had like 4 consecutive years of 81-88 averages and that 88 year he had a concussion score, so was really 92-93 plus he rarely misses games, that is a fairly safe punt at his price imo. Also had a good JLT too and has backed it up the first two weeks.

Got burnt big time by Zorko and Billings playing the conservative game last year, if I traded them two to say Coniglio and Taranto I'd be miles better off. Alas I didn't and I paid the price with a drop off in rank from 172nd in 2017 to 1087th.

Would anyone back going,

Heeney/Dunkley to Newnes?

Or just hold dunkley/Heeney?

Would love to wait on Boak this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be a very slow burn though

We picked him to average at least 95, he won't get anywhere near that

Imo that 1 JLT game against St Kilda sucked a few in, myself included that his role was ok, it ain't

He is 1 game away from 95+ average and actually it's not the JLT game, that just confirmed a continuation of his 2nd half year role. He is in the middle enough for me to know he can and will come good.

However each to their own, ive gone ahead and upgraded Mills which was a mistake to Whitfield, otherwise nothing else for me at this stage except maybe Hore out.

Not quite sure what my top priority should be. $46k in the bank.

OUT: Hore
IN: Drew (Burgess to D8)
Would be great for cash generation.

OUT: Witherden
IN: Crisp (or Stewart, for something a bit different)
Witherden's been underwhelming through four games this year (78 in 63% TOG in JLT1, 79 in 88% TOG in JLT2, 83 in 86% TOG last week, and 75 in 85% TOG yesterday) but has been a good DTer pretty much from debut. Started slowly last year as well to be fair, and ended up averaging 91.6 across the season (if you exclude his injury-affected game in Round 22). Typing this out, I think I'm leaning towards keeping Witherden.

OUT: Heeney
IN: Kelly/Dahlhaus/Newnes
I think Heeney comes good sooner rather than later with his dodgy ankle, so I'm inclined to hang onto him on the basis that I think he'll be (at least close to) a top 6 forward come the end of the season.

OUT: Merrett
IN: Treloar/Matt Crouch/Brayshaw
Horrible first game, okay second game; honestly, who knows what Merrett does from here. Worth burning a trade or two? Probably.

As always, suggestions more than welcome.

View attachment 646132
$12.5k short of being able to do Hore —> Drew and Merrett —> Treloar.

If I dump Hore and Merrett (my gut's telling me to hold Witherden and Heeney) my only issue is who to trade Merrett too – there's so many options! Players I can afford in order of average:
Sloane avg. 127 – coming off an injury-affected and otherwise average 2018, and I'm still worried about his tendency to be tagged to shit.
Hill avg. 121 – unsustainable but who knows, he could end up averaging 105+. I'm not willing to gamble on that.
Bontempelli avg. 119.5 – could be a POD option if he's going to be a full-time mid? go you pups
Sheed avg. 119.5 – if I'm trading Merrett it's not going to be for a potential breakout mid.
Hunter avg. 117.5 – averaged 105 last year and would be another POD option.
M. Crouch avg. 116.5 – proven DTer, doesn't look like his brother coming back into the rotation will hurt him at all.
Ebert avg. 115 – unsustainable.
O'Meara avg. 114 – lotta slack to pick up at Hawthorn with no Titchell this year, O'Meara should be the main beneficiary I'd have thought. I'm intrigued.
Fyfe avg. 111 – consistently just below that premium tier of DT players, don't see that changing.
Brayshaw avg. 110.5 – showed his ability to have huge games last year, decent option.

A few in there that I can definitely rule out, but man this is a tough decision.

If I dump Hore and Merrett (my gut's telling me to hold Witherden and Heeney) my only issue is who to trade Merrett too – there's so many options! Players I can afford in order of average:
Sloane avg. 127 – coming off an injury-affected and otherwise average 2018, and I'm still worried about his tendency to be tagged to shit.
Hill avg. 121 – unsustainable but who knows, he could end up averaging 105+. I'm not willing to gamble on that.
Bontempelli avg. 119.5 – could be a POD option if he's going to be a full-time mid? go you pups
Sheed avg. 119.5 – if I'm trading Merrett it's not going to be for a potential breakout mid.
M. Crouch avg. 116.5 – proven DTer, doesn't look like his brother coming back into the rotation will hurt him at all.
O'Meara avg. 114 – lotta slack to pick up at Hawthorn with no Titchell this year, O'Meara should be the main beneficiary I'd have thought. I'm intrigued.
Fyfe avg. 111 – consistently just below that premium tier of DT players, don't see that changing.
Brayshaw avg. 110.5 – showed his ability to have huge games last year, decent option.

A few in there that I can definitely rule out, but man this is a tough decision.

Yeah its a tough choice this week, but out of all those players the only ones i'd consider are Sloane, Crouch and Brayshaw. The rest as you have stated sounds like they have come out swinging and will be unlikely to keep the same form.

Currently I am tossing up between these two trade options

Option 1: leaves me $168k in the bank
Zerrett to Cousins
Balta to Worpel

Option 2: leaves me 30k in the bank
Zerrett to Rocky
Butters to Libba

Not sure which option to go with, seems option 1 is riskier but i could use that money to upgrade elsewhere down the track

Yeah its a tough choice this week, but out of all those players the only ones i'd consider are Sloane, Crouch and Brayshaw. The rest as you have stated sounds like they have come out swinging and will be unlikely to keep the same form.

Currently I am tossing up between these two trade options

Option 1: leaves me $168k in the bank
Zerrett to Cousins
Balta to Worpel

Option 2: leaves me 30k in the bank
Zerrett to Rocky
Butters to Libba

Not sure which option to go with, seems option 1 is riskier but i could use that money to upgrade elsewhere down the track
Honestly, without having seen the rest of your side, I'd just go Zerrett to Rocky and be done with it - not sure it's worth burning a trade on Butters to Libba.

Honestly, without having seen the rest of your side, I'd just go Zerrett to Rocky and be done with it - not sure it's worth burning a trade on Butters to Libba.

Untitled.jpg
That's my side there, really only missing out on Rocky, worpel and cousins. I guess I could just do zerrett to Rocky and sit on rest. Thanks for the feedback

Last edited:

Any of Brayshaw, Sloane or Hunter will be fine

I considered Hunter too if I'm going to trade Zerrett, but will wait on him, would rather get in a rock bottom Macrae first and work out who the top mids will be

Any of Brayshaw, Sloane or Hunter will be fine

I considered Hunter too if I'm going to trade Zerrett, but will wait on him, would rather get in a rock bottom Macrae first and work out who the top mids will be
Not keen on Bont then?

View attachment 647226View attachment 647227
That's my side there, really only missing out on Rocky, worpel and cousins. I guess I could just do zerrett to Rocky and sit on rest. Thanks for the feedback
If you're looking for a cash grab rookie then trade Balta to Powell after grabbing Rocky

Butters to Libba/Cousins is not worth it as Libba/Cousins will be M9 at best and Butters will probably double his price anyway in a month

Not keen on Bont then?
Only in Supercoach

Bevo loves throwing him around when we are struggling

He by all means could improve on last year, but kind of feel he's one of those types you start with but isn't a priority to bring in as the year goes on

Just go Brayshaw, everyone seems to have him, you won't lose out there

If you're looking for a cash grab rookie then trade Balta to Powell after grabbing Rocky

Butters to Libba/Cousins is not worth it as Libba/Cousins will be M9 at best and Butters will probably double his price anyway in a month
What about Atkins to Libba ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back