Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

i made one trade already and im deciding on my second one...

fevola to hill was my first trade and my second trade im thinking off

i have 495,000 in the bank...

my second trade option is nathan jone for corey or swan
or
berger for cox which will give me mcintosh and cox

any suggestions?

i made one trade already and im deciding on my second one...

fevola to hill was my first trade and my second trade im thinking off

i have 495,000 in the bank...

my second trade option is nathan jone for corey or swan
or
berger for cox which will give me mcintosh and cox

any suggestions?

u need to get big Coxy into your team

What position does Josh Hill play?

I have Brad Johnson and Daniel Cross and really do not want Hill to steal points off them and vice versa.

Or do you think that the 3 of them in my team will be fine?

I have Brad Johnson and Daniel Cross and really do not want Hill to steal points off them and vice versa.

Mate i now got 4 bulldogs players (Cross, Johnson, Hill and Aker) in my team and i dont care to be honest.

They all play relatively different positions so they are not directly going to steal the ball off each other, and if you think that way then everyone effectively steals possi's from each other.

Hill - Midfield/Forward. He won't steal points off any of the above. BJ and Cross are superstars who are ball magnets.

Playing one down this week because of Edwards and Thompson. Good stuff!

Orightey...this year my team is going s*^t so i thought id make some changes especially to my backline that is porridge...

I'm thinking trading:

Hurn > Osbourne

Thurstans > Thorton

If you guys were in my situation what would you do. Both trades, one trade, keep them or other players...any ideas??

is monfries>didak too much of a sideways trade? my forward line is:

Pav
Riewoldt
Brown
Deledio
Porplyzia
Monfries
Rioli
(Gamble, Tippett)

Done my trades for the week to fix up my midfield and forward line. Will leave my team pat until I start upgrading players with the exception of injuries of course (knock on wood)

Trade 1
L. Jetta (ESS) -> R. Gamble (GEE)

I believe that Gamble will average more then Jetta over the season and the trade netted me the money to make my second trade. It leaves my forward line as follows:
P. Chapman (GEE)
M. Pavlich (FRE)
J. Brown (BRI)
L. Franklin (HAW)
J. Porplyzia (ADE)
C. Rioli (HAW)
J. Hill (WBD)
R. Gamble (GEE)
K. Tippett (ADE)

Pretty happy with my forward line now. If Rioli and Hill can maintain averages around 50 I should do pretty well as the rest of my forward line is quite strong. I'll look to definitely upgrade Rioli and Hill -> B. Johnson and Riewoldt and maybe upgrade Porplyzia trades permitting.

Trade 2
D. Armitage (STK) -> M. Murphy (CAR)

Murphy's looking great this season with Judd and Stevens likely to take the tags each week and will likely be a keeper. I disagree with people saying that once Judd and Stevens get to 100% Murphy's points will go down because there are plenty of points to share in the midfield. Armitage wasn't looking like getting a game and was a bit of a mistake in initial selection. This also solidifies my midfield which was weak to begin with. My midfield is now:
K. Cornes (PTA)
D. Cross (WBD)
M. Murphy (CAR)
N. Stevens (CAR)
B. Houli (ESS)
R. Palmer (FRE)
C. Morton (MEL)
C. Bird (SYD)

I'll definitely be upgrading Houli and Palmer, hopefully to the two best midfielders available at the time (probably Swan and Corey).

So that's my trades for the week done and vision of my team for the future. Any comments?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to upgrade Nathan Jones, and to do this I need to downgrade one of my forwards to Hill

Which of these would you boot?

M Pavlich
J Brown
B Deledio
B Hall
J Porplyzia
A Didak
C Rioli

It's probably out of these 3
- Baz (Neg: don't trust the Swans! Pro: he's patched up and ready to dominate)
- Deledio (Neg: Avg week one: Pro: Carved in 3 qtrs last week, more mid time)
- Didak (Neg: Has quiet patches: Pro Pretty consistent 20 touches 2 goals)

Would really appreciate thoughts, have been agonising over this one for ages.
Ta

I would like to upgrade Nathan Jones, and to do this I need to downgrade one of my forwards to Hill

Which of these would you boot?

M Pavlich
J Brown
B Deledio
B Hall
J Porplyzia
A Didak
C Rioli

It's probably out of these 3
- Baz (Neg: don't trust the Swans! Pro: he's patched up and ready to dominate)
- Deledio (Neg: Avg week one: Pro: Carved in 3 qtrs last week, more mid time)
- Didak (Neg: Has quiet patches: Pro Pretty consistent 20 touches 2 goals)

Would really appreciate thoughts, have been agonising over this one for ages.
Ta

Don't get Hill. It's not worth it when you have your forward line. Plus what's wrong with Jones? Admittedly he might have a poor week this week but i'm keeping the faith for the long haul. I rate him, and i reckon he'll be a decent DT'er as well.

Done my trades for the week to fix up my midfield and forward line. Will leave my team pat until I start upgrading players with the exception of injuries of course (knock on wood)

Trade 1
L. Jetta (ESS) -> R. Gamble (GEE)

I believe that Gamble will average more then Jetta over the season and the trade netted me the money to make my second trade. It leaves my forward line as follows:
P. Chapman (GEE)
M. Pavlich (FRE)
J. Brown (BRI)
L. Franklin (HAW)
J. Porplyzia (ADE)
C. Rioli (HAW)
J. Hill (WBD)
R. Gamble (GEE)
K. Tippett (ADE)

Pretty happy with my forward line now. If Rioli and Hill can maintain averages around 50 I should do pretty well as the rest of my forward line is quite strong. I'll look to definitely upgrade Rioli and Hill -> B. Johnson and Riewoldt and maybe upgrade Porplyzia trades permitting.

Trade 2
D. Armitage (STK) -> M. Murphy (CAR)

Murphy's looking great this season with Judd and Stevens likely to take the tags each week and will likely be a keeper. I disagree with people saying that once Judd and Stevens get to 100% Murphy's points will go down because there are plenty of points to share in the midfield. Armitage wasn't looking like getting a game and was a bit of a mistake in initial selection. This also solidifies my midfield which was weak to begin with. My midfield is now:
K. Cornes (PTA)
D. Cross (WBD)
M. Murphy (CAR)
N. Stevens (CAR)
B. Houli (ESS)
R. Palmer (FRE)
C. Morton (MEL)
C. Bird (SYD)

I'll definitely be upgrading Houli and Palmer, hopefully to the two best midfielders available at the time (probably Swan and Corey).

So that's my trades for the week done and vision of my team for the future. Any comments?

Good trades. :thumbsu:

Your team looks pretty solid btw. What is your backline/rucks like?

is monfries>didak too much of a sideways trade? my forward line is:

Pav
Riewoldt
Brown
Deledio
Porplyzia
Monfries
Rioli
(Gamble, Tippett)

I would personally go Monfries to Hill & make some good dollars in the process, then you might be able to grab a gun in 3-4 rounds as long as Hill is still playing.

hehe yeh don't think i'll be touching the salopek>kelly trade idea.

If I did Monfries>Hill, I could upgrade Proud to Bock, Johncock or B Jones...?

Or perhaps sit on the money, wait for some cash cows to go up then go on a spending spree

Milenko, I wouldn't bother trading for Hill if I were you. Your forwards are already pretty solid. Save you trades.

bbco49, I'd say that the trade is probably too sideways, so I'd save the trade. However, if you really had to make one I'd take Didak over Monfries. If Didak can maintain his fitness he will most likely get stints in the midfield and his score should go up. However, this is a big if.

rossi, I like the trade. Lucas out forces your hand and I'm not sure when Morton will be getting a game. I'd take Hill over Gamble however as his place in the Bulldogs side seems a bit more set then Gambles in Geelongs side.

Good trades. :thumbsu:

Your team looks pretty solid btw. What is your backline/rucks like?

My backline is:
C. Cornes (PTA)
J. Bowden (RIC)
H. Shaw (COL)
G. Birchall (HAW)
B. Symes (ADE)
X. Ellis (HAW)
D. Pfeiffer (CAR)
L. Hansen (KAN)
A. Proud (BRI)

Symes, Ellis and Pfeiffer will be the players I'll be looking at upgrading. They've all done pretty decently so far. If they maintain an average of around 60 together I'll be pretty happy. With the backmen it's hard to tell who to upgrade to. Maybe Milburn, Gilbee and Fisher.

Ruckman are as follows:
D. Cox (WCE)
T. Simmonds (RIC)
M. Leuenberger (BRI)
J. Meesen (MEL)

My ruckmen are pretty much set. Hopefully Leuey starts playing a little better as the season goes on. Chose to go with a semi priced bench ruck (and not Gardy due to his injury proneness) because of the likelyhood that Cox and/or Simmonds will get injured.

So in total I'll have 7 upgrades, most likely 2 trades per upgrade, which will give me 3 trades in case of injuries.

rossi, I like the trade. Lucas out forces your hand and I'm not sure when Morton will be getting a game. I'd take Hill over Gamble however as his place in the Bulldogs side seems a bit more set then Gambles in Geelongs side.

Yeah I don't really have much choice but its either that or hold on to Lucas and wait for a gun to drop in price but who knows how long that will be. I would rather not have 380-odd k on the bench anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back