Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, haven't made any trades yet but I will this week.

Aaron Davey is killing my side and picked up an injury so I will trade him.

Out: Davey
In: J. Hill

This gives me a LOT of cash. Only problem is that I will have to start 2 of Hill, Gamble, Tippett and Rioli but they are all playing and scoring well so it isn't really a problem as such.

Then, I will be able to do this:
Out: Koschitzke
In: Any forward

Koschitzke has been an enormous disappointment so I think I am going to trade him. I will have the funds to buy any forward. Out of those that I do not have, the leading contenders are J.Brown, B. Johnson or P. Chapman. Chappy is the most expensive of those 3 and if I purchase him I will still have over $100,000 left for future upgrades.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Backline reserves are a worry...

I have the same issue. We might have a little problem upgrading this position considering Thompson and Hartlett (we were very unlucky with him, could have been a regular) aren't really close to becoming regular. Brown looks like he might be a 30 odd average player and not increase alot. I'm sticking with them because my team is going fairly well atm. Might consider Pffeifer if he has a good game this week but that could be a waste of trade.

Hey guys,

i currently have anthony corrie.
who is the better option out of Porplyzia and Hill?

obviously hill is cheaper, and scoring just as well as porp, but i cant see this continuing to that extent.
porp is a bit dearer, but will be a quicker way to an elite forward. and who knows, maybe porp will be good enough to have all year.

In DT - 2 trades

Looking to trade out Fev (yes i don't know why I got him) for either Grant or Murphy - which one

Also Josh Hill in for Jarryd Morton (who hasn't got a game yet)

yes to both?

Hey, I was thinking of trading out Monfries (who has yet to be named) for hill. Do you think this is a good idea?

It would certainly free up some cash, get me a scoring player as opposed to a non-scoring one, mean that my entire forward line is playing and allow me to rotate between three rookies (tippet, rioli, hill).

Though, I am a little apprehensive about trading this early in the game.

^^ Generally I wouldn't condone trading out a player that cost 290k, but seeing as he is struggling to get a gmae I think a trade is warranted. If you think Hill is the best option, then go ahead (but wait 'til Thursday :cool:).
In DT - 2 trades

Looking to trade out Fev (yes i don't know why I got him) for either Grant or Murphy - which one

Also Josh Hill in for Jarryd Morton (who hasn't got a game yet)

yes to both?

Yes to the second, no to the first. Fev is no worse than any other player in his price range, otherwise he wouldn't be in that price range. I would only trade Fev out for a 400k+ player, if at all.

Hi all. Just wondering if someone would be willing to give me an opinion on these options for trades.

First ones definately gonna happen:
Dew out for Josh Hill

Second has a few options

1.) Albert Proud out for Michael Osborne
or should i keep Proud on the bench and go
2.) Jay Neagle for someone $230k and below?

Any suggestions a player (back p.s) i could get for $230k or less?

Yes to the second, no to the first. Fev is no worse than any other player in his price range, otherwise he wouldn't be in that price range. I would only trade Fev out for a 400k+ player, if at all.

Thanks Virgil!

I actually had a brain wave or might be a brain freeze

Thinking now of trading out Fev for Hill (make a packet there) and then upgrade Fraser to Cox (yes I know I should have had him at the start but thought he would come down - now unlikely) - these 2 trades will leave me with about 190k in the bank

and then in a few weeks time with the money and cash cows appreciating I can trade Hill for a premium forward (already have Roo, BJ, Jono Brown) as Pav should come down in price

Though means I'd be starting Rioli and Hill with Tippett as my emergency

Is this better

Thanks Virgil!

I actually had a brain wave or might be a brain freeze

Thinking now of trading out Fev for Hill (make a packet there) and then upgrade Fraser to Cox (yes I know I should have had him at the start but thought he would come down - now unlikely) - these 2 trades will leave me with about 190k in the bank

and then in a few weeks time with the money and cash cows appreciating I can trade Hill for a premium forward (already have Roo, BJ, Jono Brown) as Pav should come down in price

Though means I'd be starting Rioli and Hill with Tippett as my emergency

Is this better

Definately do that. Thats a very good trade imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking to trade Kosi, have 370k in bank but only willing to use up to 340k, what you guys reckon bout Grant and Stokes? Can they keep up there form? Or should i just go with Didak who i was leaning towards before?

What you guys reckon?

Definite trade:
OUT: LeCras
IN: Hill

Salary Cap Remaining = $132,600

Backs and Rucks are fine.

Dilemma = Dyson in 6th midfielder position (behind Stevens), the question is with Palmer and Bird on the bench, do i:
A) Upgrade Dyson to a Nathan Jones/Marc Murphy
B) Downgrade to a Bachar Houli/Travis Tuck in hope of consistency and more potential for growth.
C) Or do i save the trade and leave Dyson as the 6th midfielder, he scored 96 against geelong meaning he has potential and is definitely far from first or second tag (Always the option of rotating with Palmer when he starts performing). In doing this, i have $132k sitting in the bank.

Thoughts?

Thanks In Advance
AdamG03

i would keep dew if you can when he comes back he is gonna provide some good cash in the bank

thought about it but have decided that I should make reasonable cash off Hill anyway and could do with some upgrade in my midfeld with the money left over. plus how many times do you hear that a hamstring tightness keeping players out a week here a week there. another week away, benched as a precaution ect ect.

Looking to trade Kosi, have 370k in bank but only willing to use up to 340k, what you guys reckon bout Grant and Stokes? Can they keep up there form? Or should i just go with Didak who i was leaning towards before?

What you guys reckon?

I think Didak and save the money.

If Shannon Grant keeps performing in the top 3 players for the kangas, coaches will catch on and shut him down. Moreso than others. He has performed before, however the start of this year has brought him lighter tags compared to others on his team.

Stokes i dont know much about. On the weekend he dominated even in a near fullstrength team, however it was in a huge thrashing. I couldnt really say anything sure about him, hope a geelong supporter can tell u otherwise.

Nw
AdamG03

Is anyone unhappy with Simon Buckley or Leroy Jetta?
Im looking to made two trades, and not 100% sure who to cut.

Forwards
Trade out either Jetta or Dew for Hill.

Mids
Trade out either Buckley or Dempsey for someone like M Murphy (have some spare cash to trade up)

OR
Maybe keep jetta and dew in the forwards and trade out both Dempsey and Buckley.

Ive got good enough backups to cover if i decide to hold on to Dew and Dempsey.

Who should i cut?

Need Some help people. firstly i have 300,000 in the bank.

I have Kosi and want Cox, do i get in cox now, or do i wait 3-4 weeks.....surely Cox cant score 100 every week, his due for a 70 odd game sooner or later.

i also have R. Tarrant on my pine, and want 2 trade him for Hill, but a post earlier involving trading Jetta for Hill interested me, if i do that 1, i will have 350,000 in my bank in which 2 upgrade Tarrant to a gun....Brad Jono, Chapman, Pavlich etc.

i'm also interested in Thornton, i have Hansen on my pine not playing (foot injury apparently) so i could use mi funds on him.

the last piece of the puzzle is Armitage, he could turn into a mid-season cash cow, so mi choices are keep him, or use the money to upgrade him to a gun mid.

basically choices are

Kosi > Cox
Tarrant > Hill

or

Jetta > Hill
Tarrant > Pav/Brad Jono/Chapman

or

Jetta/Tarrant > Hill
Hansen > Thornton

Jetta/Tarrent > Hill
Armitage > Gun Mid to mav value of $433,000

I am thinking of doing these trades:

- Hawkins to Hill

and

- Masten to Geary (reason for this trade is that it gives $32K, as well as I heard Masten may have rolled an ankle on the weekend and Geary is clearly plaing better)

These two trades will give me $131000 in the bank for future trades.

What are people's opinions??

Need Some help people. firstly i have 300,000 in the bank.

I have Kosi and want Cox, do i get in cox now, or do i wait 3-4 weeks.....surely Cox cant score 100 every week, his due for a 70 odd game sooner or later.

i also have R. Tarrant on my pine, and want 2 trade him for Hill, but a post earlier involving trading Jetta for Hill interested me, if i do that 1, i will have 350,000 in my bank in which 2 upgrade Tarrant to a gun....Brad Jono, Chapman, Pavlich etc.

i'm also interested in Thornton, i have Hansen on my pine not playing (foot injury apparently) so i could use mi funds on him.

the last piece of the puzzle is Armitage, he could turn into a mid-season cash cow, so mi choices are keep him, or use the money to upgrade him to a gun mid.

basically choices are

Kosi > Cox
Tarrant > Hill

or

Jetta > Hill
Tarrant > Pav/Brad Jono/Chapman

or

Jetta/Tarrant > Hill
Hansen > Thornton

Jetta/Tarrent > Hill
Armitage > Gun Mid to mav value of $433,000

Cox proven winner and will score 100 + most weeks
Hill will make you plenty of cash!

IMO

I am thinking of doing these trades:

- Hawkins to Hill

and

- Masten to Geary (reason for this trade is that it gives $32K, as well as I heard Masten may have rolled an ankle on the weekend and Geary is clearly plaing better)

These two trades will give me $131000 in the bank for future trades.

What are people's opinions??

Are you trading just to get cash or to get points.
Ask yourself that question, and then decide yourself

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back