Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

im in a similar position to many others who didn't pick up hill at the start of the year....However i dont have any cash to upgrade my 83k players to hill.....This is my forward line up
PAV
REW
Jono BROWN
STEVE J
HALL
PORPS
GAMBLE.........bench of tippet and rioli

Now...i can either sell Steve johnson for hill, thus saving mayb 300k...and taking advantage of hill..........OR i could sell a bench mid for example mcnamara for Palmer, which allows me to pik up hill whilst taking advantage of palmer...Or mayb i could do otherwise????? Im thinking if a sell steve johnson for hill i may then make a straight swap in 2-3 weeks time tippet for steve johnson...just to make 70 or so grand when steve johnson declines.......

any thoughts?

I'm sure there are many people with 3 and even 4 rookies in many sections.

Jack, Geary, Bird, Palmer, Morton.....

Rioli, Tippet, Gamble, Hill......

*Defence is MISSING good rookies*

I Kno! how bad are this years rookies in the backline, Pfeifer got a 65 in his 1st game, i think thats the highest so far...

Already got rioli and cross. Hill or Gamble & Priddis or Goodwin?

worth the trades?

Personally I think M Clarke and Lecras are wasted players. You would have almost achieved the same results with Rookies(But would have gained more cash).

I would suggest the min/max method...

Downgrade one to a rookie and upgrade one to a gun...

It is really up to you, which players you pick to do this with.

Do some research, go with a gut feeling.

Personally, I don't rate Goodwin as a week in week out gun. Midfielders which are guns.

Bartell, Ablett, Corey, Cornes, Thompson, Cross...
Maybe guns this year.
Priddis, Murphy, Kelly, Goodwin (Based on the first few rounds)

Trading can be like a game of chess, it is important that when you trade you also have future trades in mind. If I trade X, Y, Z.... then in the future I plan to pick up X, Y, Z.

Personal example.

I have Burton and Didak in my team, these are mid ranged players that I will use to upgrade to a gun forward. I will do this using the proceeds of either Hill, Tippet or Rioil. That is my plan, who I trade, I am not sure about yet. I just have a set plan in place.

im in a similar position to many others who didn't pick up hill at the start of the year....However i dont have any cash to upgrade my 83k players to hill.....This is my forward line up
PAV
REW
Jono BROWN
STEVE J
HALL
PORPS

Now...i can either sell Steve johnson for hill, thus saving mayb 300k...and taking advantage of hill..........OR i could sell a bench mid for example mcnamara for Palmer, which allows me to pik up hill whilst taking advantage of palmer...Or mayb i could do otherwise????? Im thinking if a sell steve johnson for hill i may then make a straight swap in 2-3 weeks time tippet for steve johnson...just to make 70 or so grand when steve johnson declines.......

any thoughts?

wots the point in selling steve johnson now, and then re-buying him back in 3 or 4 weeks, thats just stupid, wastes 2 trades. for the sake of 70k :confused:

more then likely you picked S. Johnson at the start of the year with the idea that you would keep him for the year, so why waste 2 trades 2 make 70k. ur forward line is decent. u've alredy got 3 cash cows, so i dnt think hill is completly necessary. however if u still wanty him then i'd say get rid of Dew, his done his Hammy, for the 1st time in his career, acording to Clarkson on Footy Classified last nyt, so wen he does come back, his no certainty to perform as he did in R1. also, Clarkson said Dew played on the Wing due 2 the suspensions of Crawf, Lewis, Hodge. so dont expect Dew to go close to 100 for a while. and he also said he played for about 20 mins longer then what he would of liked. so for me its OUT Dew IN Hill

Ok I have L Hansen sitting on my forward line. I did not take the Gamble and pick GAMBLE...

Do I use the one trade and use him as a cash cow?

It just seems like L Hansen is not going to get a game for a while.

Jesse Smith coming back, S. Thompson, J Sinclair one day....

Or should I just be happy with my other cash cows doing their jobs, Rioli, Hill and Tippett?

PAV
REW
Jono BROWN
STEVE J
HALL
PORPS

any thoughts?

I cant imagine trading an All Aust for a $83,000 first yearer who plays 2 good games.
This time last year SJ was suspended for being a peanut and he comes back to get All Aust representation and Norm Smith medal. He's a big time player capable of a 175 pointer that may win you a week.
Give the guy a chance, think back 3 weeks, what were you thinking when you decided to go with SJ initially. I dont think you were thinking about trading him for an $83k player.
It makes no sense.

and to then consider wasting another trade getting him back again when he goes down in price.

Crazy thinking in my opinion

Ok I have L Hansen sitting on my forward line. I did not take the Gamble and pick GAMBLE...

Do I use the one trade and use him as a cash cow?

It just seems like L Hansen is not going to get a game for a while.

Jesse Smith coming back, S. Thompson, J Sinclair one day....

Or should I just be happy with my other cash cows doing their jobs, Rioli, Hill and Tippett?

IMO trading Hansen to Hill is worth it. Hill will obviously rise considerably this week and continue to rise with half decent scores for the next 6 weeks, allowing you to upgrade a mid to a gun. Hansen doesn't just have to get a game, he has to get 3 alright games just to get you some money.

IMO trading Hansen to Hill is worth it. Hill will obviously rise considerably this week and continue to rise with half decent scores for the next 6 weeks, allowing you to upgrade a mid to a gun. Hansen doesn't just have to get a game, he has to get 3 alright games just to get you some money.

definetly would have to agree with you there:thumbsu:.

im thinking of downgrading someone like cloke for hill giving me about 230K to spend on upgrading proud in a couple of weeks. do you guys think that it is worth it or am i better of downgrading somone else (b.johnson, pav, brown, porpz, didak my other forwards) or just keeping cloke and the trade?
thanks for any help

im thinking of downgrading someone like cloke for hill giving me about 230K to spend on upgrading proud in a couple of weeks. do you guys think that it is worth it or am i better of downgrading somone else (b.johnson, pav, brown, porpz, didak my other forwards) or just keeping cloke and the trade?
thanks for any help

You obviously picked those blokes in your forwardline because you wanted them all year. Whats the point in downgrading one of them when you will just upgrade again later on in the year?

thanks for any help
unless Cloke can't play this week because of the rolled ankle (and also depending on how long he could be out for)...i'd say to keep Cloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks for any help

You guys keep talking about trading v/good & in some cases absolute guns for first year players. I understand about freeing up cash, but GIVE THESE GOOD PLAYERS A CHANCE. We're 2 weeks in.

Hill has played 2 games and everyone is treating him like he's Wayne bloody Carey. I turned on Denton last night and was surprised when Carey walked out, I was truly expecting Hill to come flying out looking some superman.

"Look, up in the sky, is it a bird, a plane; no it's Josh Hill, able to save Dream Teams with his single hands:!!!

I thought the idea of the cash cow was to trade him when he reached his $ potential.

Remember last years winner had used 1 trade only by round 8.

Im upgrading a backline cheapy to Thornton this week. Would you guys get rid of Hartlett, Thompson or Selwood? Im thinking Selwood atm the other two are more likely to get games.

Buyer beware, Thornton may not be a wonderful player all year. Brennan II?

I would dump Selwood if any, I think Masten, Ebert and McNamara are all going to get a game before Selwood.

You obviously picked those blokes in your forwardline because you wanted them all year. Whats the point in downgrading one of them when you will just upgrade again later on in the year?
unless Cloke can't play this week because of the rolled ankle (and also depending on how long he could be out for)...i'd say to keep Cloke.

yeah your right about those top few over 400K i did pick them to keep all year, however cloke was really a last minute decision (acutally about 2 hours b4 lockout but i couldn't get back on to swap him with giansiracusa). I think that if he plays i will keep cloke but if not will probs cut him. thanks for the help

Remember last years winner had used 1 trade only by round 8.

Oh but I want Nicoski, Kennelly, Jack....

and dump Stanton, Dyson, Goodes and Mattner.. (Whoopse that was week one)

Oh I want Thornton, Osbourne, Dyson, Hill

and dump Judd, SJ, Brown, Cloke....

I wonder who everyone will want to dump in week 3?

No trades for me this week, Not jumping on the Hill bandwagon like everyone else, Happy with were my team is at also been reading that Mcnamra may get a run this week which is very handy for me..

Ive used 2 Trades and will use 1 more next week to upgrade Wood to Cox

Has been hurting me so far and only reason Im sitting just otuside the top 1000.

From there will look to upgrade Hill and maybe one of Dyson/Houli soonish and save the rest for injuries + upgrades after round 12

thinking about monfries (if he's not named) to hill. Playing two rookies on the field shouldn't be a problem as ive been doing since round 1 and still managed respectable scores (1880 avg). Any better options? my only issue is leaving 200k in the bank.

mooney to ---- who?
and schammer ------ who?

I have 40 000 spare

What is the best way to benefit me

Ive considered hill and kelly/priddis/stanton

also considered bock and braun/tuck/n.jones

give me your ideas.

What's the most number of players you have from one team in your 22?

I've got 4 Cats, which I'm more than happy about except Mooney, who I'm watching closely and with $85k spare in the kitty may be upgrading in next fortnight. Made a decision prior to round 1 that he'd be getting plenty of it with a superstar on ball division fairly ripping it down his throat. So far hant gone completely according to plan, the mids are kicking goals themselves.

Others are Gamble, GAblett & Corey

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back