Round 3 v Western Bulldogs, Saturday Night @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpkin is bloody impressive. I know my name suggests I'm a fan of him, but hard not to be impressed. Can't remember him being beat in a contest tonight. Also gets on the offence with 20 disposals.

Simpkin is bloody impressive. I know my name suggests I'm a fan of him, but hard not to be impressed. Can't remember him being beat in a contest tonight. Also gets on the offence with 20 disposals.
Sucked in Lake beautifully too.

Only managed to see the Dogs pounce on the goals in the end, were the Dogs woefully bad or? Cause that margin is a bit unexpected..

Feel for the Dogs though, they have fallen tremendously by that performance, didn't even give a whimper until the game was dead where they finally found some cheap heart to run under minimal duress.

Our performance though, rather emphatic and a hell of a lot to like from it.

Feel for the Dogs though, they have fallen tremendously by that performance, didn't even give a whimper until the game was dead where they finally found some cheap heart to run under minimal duress.

Totally agree St.Fly. We were like that in the 80's.

[youtube]nlF1qnhmq28[/youtube]

We'll have the Blues too. ;)

GO SAINTS!

Our performance though, rather emphatic and a hell of a lot to like from it.

Many have short memories about players like hard man Leonard.
Fantastic again.

Great win.:thumbsu:

We dominated the game from the start but then really went in for the kill in the 2nd half. We had a good even spread of contributors too with both the old hands and young guns contributing.

Armitage, Stanley, Geary and Simpkin all deserve special praise. Hayes was magnificent and is getting back to his best, Fisher was a gun down back as always and Riewoldt's form is improving, just needs to find the radar with his kicking.

Kudos to Scotty Watters too, we have responded in great fashion after that disappointing loss to Port, sign of a good coach, and his team selections and moves in the coaching box are on the money.:thumbsu:

Supercoach:

Hayes 125 | Montagna 121 | Armitage 118 | Dal Santo 117 | Fisher 116 | Dempster 115 (122DT) | Riewoldt 112 | Goddard 101 | Jones 96 | Geary 92 | Stanley 87 | Steven 83 | McEvoy 80 | Simpkin 74 | Blake 71 | Polo 63 | Milne 58 | Koschitzke 53 | Newnes 52 | Gilbert (subbed) 50 | Milera 39 | Cripps (sub) 21

Another fine performance from Armitage, with 8 tackles. Polo solid with 17D,2T,1G. Hayes brilliant, with 8 tackles. 18 hit outs for McEvoy. Monty with a good one, including 7 inside 50s.

Love Simpkin's work. Forget about his disposals, he just looks like he knows how to defend. Seems to be his instinct to take front spot which is huge for a defender, Zac's instinct seemed to be 'look for the forward then find the ball', Simpkin is 'Find ball and defend it'.

Looks really comfortable with the ball as well, and a few touches were a bit dodgy, it's nothing you can complain about for someone starting their career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they're playing slightly different roles. But did Zac ever get anywhere near that many touches?

To be fair, I actually heard that Ross expected, actually demanded that the defenders went the fist.

No attempting marks, defensive spoils all the way and no flair and dare.

Taking nothing away from Simpkins performance of course, in saying that though even Sean, Geary, Blake all backed themselves much more and hurt on the rebound.

Riewoldt's form is improving, just needs to find the radar with his kicking.

Can't believe the stats - thought his impact on the game was absolutely huge tonight.

Although I noticed his SC score was about the same as a last week (when he kicked 4 and had 11 marks)? Can't say I've followed that scoring system.

Newnes was looking really comfortable as well, really happy that he stayed in this week.
His disposal isn't too shabby.

Good to blood the young ones and save the harder bodies for later.
The scoreboard reflected a lot of promise in our list.
Having said that....
Let's deal with next weeks adversaries.

Can't believe the stats - thought his impact on the game was absolutely huge tonight.

Although I noticed his SC score was about the same as a last week (when he kicked 4 and had 11 marks)? Can't say I've followed that scoring system.

He is about to take a game by the scruff of the neck, suits me if it's vs Freo ;)

Thoroughly enjoyed the game tonight

The improvement in Stanley is growing by the week. Looked great tonight. Liked Milney sacrificing his own game to nullify Bob Murphy too & eventually got some junk time goals as due reward too

The kids in Simpkin, loved his stength at the spoil & contest, & Newnes just looks very composed

As for the stallion, Lenny... words cant describe the man.... Machine maybe? :cool:

Liked Gilbert through the midfield too. It was working well in that first half until his back played up

All contributed fantastically tonight... well done fellas! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

The last quarter was a bit of a let down. The key to tonight was that the players didn't budge. With emphasis on "budge".

Look out doyens of football commentary land.
Unlike the movie Poltergeist, WE'RE STILL HERE! :eek::D

[youtube]tOKD8T7LE8c[/youtube]

Defence settling in, and holding up very well.

Conceded 7 goals v Suns, 5 goals v Dogs.

Admittedly both younger sides, but you've got to accentuate the positives don't you?

They are balanced, team focused, and quite creative :thumbsu:

Wonder if Gilbo (if he is ok injury wise) will continue in the midfield next week and play on Pav?

Love those games when you struggle to seperate the best, because so many were great.

Defence settling in, and holding up very well.

Conceded 7 goals v Suns, 5 goals v Dogs.

Admittedly both younger sides, but you've got to accentuate the positives don't you?

They are balanced, team focused, and quite creative :thumbsu:

Wonder if Gilbo (if he is ok injury wise) will continue in the midfield next week and play on Pav?

Love those games when you struggle to seperate the best, because so many were great.

By the way I gotta say, so far your signature player is looking a beautiful choice once again. Geary was rather impressive tonight and has slotted into the backline beautifully.

Hope I have the right user here :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 v Western Bulldogs, Saturday Night @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back